oneBoro Forum

I'm out

Bloody hell I did not want to read this I can tell you that!

We have always prided ourselves in the fact that this forum was a window for everyone's views without fear of being the target of sniping views something I alluded to yesterday, of course the right to differ in opinions is what a debate, discussion is all about and will always be the way as long as everyone knows that and without the need to get personal.

I did not post on the match thread last night but is my opinion that I felt we were pretty poor and got lucky at the end not valid? Am I not allowed to say what I witnessed or do I have to keep quiet in case I am seen as a negative Boro fan?

I am far from happy, as clearly mentioned about characters being driven away and as stated I too am very unsure about my further participation within the forum because time and effort seems to count for nothing at times.

However apart from the superb set of lads and lasses I have met on oneBoro meet ups I remind myself that everyone here is a faceless finges on a key board and only they know why they are on the forum.

Thank goodness we do not debate the subjects that I read elsewhere at least we keep things football related but please for the sake of the good of the forum allow people to state how they feel and their opinions on what might be for the better.

None of us are the Manager, none of us will change things and at the end of the day does it really matter?

We all want the same for our club but there is no need for all of this stupidity and if you feel you have to be a sniper then at least offer some explanation as to your comments instead of a one liner.

I have always enjoyed reading Typicalborough's posts, he is a good and respected member and you all know my thoughts on Naughty Boy, I like his passion and involvement and yes perhaps he should re read and slightly edit some of his comments before posting at times but the treatment he gets is not deserved at all.

And finally for those who like to come onto the forum every blue moon or so just to purely snipe at someone then do not think it has gone un noticed then you are wrong. Beamish your last 3 posts have been in my opinion seen in the light of being a wind up merchant to which I have commented on. If you continue this without offering more in terms of participation then you are not welcome here anymore, it is crass, spiteful and hateful and not needed so be warned about future contributions.

Honestly the moderating team give as much leeway as possible, we should not need to be heavy handed and I hope most of you see that but certainly this place is not what it used to be, however you can all change that should you want to.

Thanks DS

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Those who are being negative moan about those who are being positive, those who are being postive moan about those who are being negative, moderators moan about everyone moaning. Endless cycle of moaning. :D

Those who are being negative moan about those who are being positive, those who are being postive moan about those who are being negative, moderators moan about everyone moaning. Endless cycle of moaning. :D

I agree it's just an endless cycle. There's a group that are overly negative, there's a group that see criticism of Boro as bed wetting which just causes arguments between both sets.

Being a relatively new poster on this forum, has this always been the case, or a new problem?

I agree it's just an endless cycle. There's a group that are overly negative, there's a group that see criticism of Boro as bed wetting which just causes arguments between both sets.

Being a relatively new poster on this forum, has this always been the case, or a new problem?

There have always been clashes between 'glass half full' and 'glass half empty' posters, but it has really come to the forefront now that the team are doing well. It wasn't too much of an issue in Karanka's early days for example.

Not necessarily a new problem (last year or so) but it hasn't always been the case.

I like to class myself as slightly just before the group that sees any criticism as bed wetting as there are issues that need address and it's mainly just our build up play being too slow and our players being too static.

However, those who are overly negative take the *** at times and I do believe some do it purely to wind up. There are some who are never happy. We could play great and lose and they'd moan that they'd rather play badly and win but when we do play badly and win, they moan that we didn't play well enough. It's mental :D

It's also interesting that the group of more mature posters in the middle of the argumentative positive/negative posters are considered as offering nothing to the forum or lacking character.

It's also interesting that the group of more mature posters in the middle of the argumentative positive/negative posters are considered as offering nothing to the forum or lacking character.

These are the posters that get largely ignored unfortunately.

We have a cross section of people and you will get many different opinions, some people in life are positive and some negative, that's what we see on the forum. Lets just take each opinion equally, no one is right and no one wrong. DS you are a star and do a fantastic job,

We have a cross section of people and you will get many different opinions, some people in life are positive and some negative, that's what we see on the forum. Lets just take each opinion equally, no one is right and no one wrong. DS you are a star and do a fantastic job,

Pfft, I'm always right.

Apart form when it comes to politics and the hand I hold a knife in :D

I think the problem stems from admin allowing posters to target other posters rather than what they're saying. I've had it out with a number of admin people via pm and it's fallen on deaf ears mostly. If you allow people to make personal attacks at other people then you get this. It should be easy to just stick to the subject and if you disagree with what someone has said then disagree with that. It's when the petty name calling starts that you have a problem and the forum goes down the pan.

typicalbrough is one of the best posters on the site in my opinion. That doesn't mean I agree with everything he says but I like how he says it and he's clearly a thoughtful and knowledegable guy on the subjects of Boro and football in general. NB is exactly what he appears to be, a passionate guy that puts that passion into his posts. I don't think he does it to wind anyone up and for the most part he tends to stick to just posting his opinion rather than directing his comments to other people, which in my opinion makes him a better member for the forum than some others. Does it really matter if he says something you disagree with? Just post your own opinion and let him get on with it. I disagreed with what he said last night because I didn't think it was a bad but it didn't stop me posting and I didn't feel the need to insult the fella. It's just ridiculous how the place gets sometimes.