oneBoro Forum

I'm out

Are you not the poster (I was going to label you sanctimonious, for that is an opinion I have derived based on your posts, but that would be disrespectful, even though well founded) that recently called someone an idiot. Practice what you preach.

I did about two months ago and then apologised immediately for doing so.  In my defence it was in reply to yet another post directed at me and quite simply I'd had enough of it since long before that point.  It's something I've spoken to different mods about on numerous occasions and something that shouldn't be continuing in my opinion.  Responding (badly) to another dig at me is poor hence the apology but I don't see why I or anyone else should have to put up with it.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

But I'm coming back to why does anybody need to call him anything?  Why can't you just disagree with him?  I had the same crap myself and I don't think my posts are reactionary, in fact they are probably so lengthy that they bore the crap out of most people.  But because people didn't like what I said then I got called things as well.  Putting labels on people isn't a good thing for the forum, just disagree with people and leave it at that.  You don't need to skirt around anything but maybe just stick to the actual subject rather than the person?

Are you not the poster (I was going to label you sanctimonious, for that is an opinion I have derived based on your posts, but that would be disrespectful, even though well founded) that recently called someone an idiot. Practice what you preach.

Lol, if that's true that's hilariously hypocritical of CT.

No one should be labled in a derogatory manner and personally I'll be deleting posts from now on where posters call another poster idiot, retard, moron etc. I agree that those instances, although very few in the grand scheme of things, have increased in the latest months, and it's not something we should have on here. It kills good discussions.

I must admit, although maybe i'm not a "valued member" like some are here, I would post a whole lot more but for fear of being shot down. I think sometimes you can't have a differing opinion because of the way certain people react to you. Ultimately we all love and support our local team, we are here for the same reasons - so lets everyone put the past behind them and move on?

I must admit, although maybe i'm not a "valued member" like some are here, I would post a whole lot more but for fear of being shot down. I think sometimes you can't have a differing opinion because of the way certain people react to you. Ultimately we all love and support our local team, we are here for the same reasons - so lets everyone put the past behind them and move on?

Im sure everyone is a valued member. And dont worry about being shot down....youd have to be pretty bland not to be :)

There has been a strange move on this forum of late where people are attacked for holding views contrary to the majority. It's like a play ground and to be honest I'm done with it.

There was a time when you could have sensible adult conversations with people who held different views but it seems that these days have gone and instead you've what at best I would call juvenile posts.

Good luck oneboro with the forum and videos etc.

TB

It's always been like that. Shame, you talked a lot of honest truths. You have to fight your corner. Hope you decide to stick around TB.

I don't get why everyone takes it so seriously, after all it's only a footbal forum, it's not as if we're discussing the possible invasion of Syria

Good job and all mate, it would start world war three on here!

We couldn't invade Syria. We are far to defensive and Corbins negative approach will be the undoing of us in the end.

Added to that most of our offensive assets are either in for maintenance or deployed out of a correct position. Some in here will look at the Iraq and Afghanistan wars through rose tinted glasses and not see the bigger picture of what went on and we we ultimately got lucky with a air strike or two.

All in all we need to up our offensive set up if we really want to be one of the top two countries in the United Nations.

On the plus side we still have TRIDENT so we are sound defensively

;)

Hello chaps. Just to let you know I'm still around. I haven't had an opportunity to catch many Boro games as they've happened recently (though I've obviously been keeping up with the scores), so I didn't feel I had much to add. When I don't feel I can add anything new to the convo then I won't post just for the sake of it.

That being said, I never want to see anyone leave. I'm usually pretty optimistic so I rarely agree with NB, but I always find his posts entertaining and I do respect the fact he is as passionate as he is about the Boro. I always enjoy CT's posts because his views, while often challenging mine, are always set out in such a way as to really make me think about the situation. TB, who started this thread, is also a name I recognise and respect - I would hope you stick around bud.

Not sure my opinion means anything to anyone, especially given how infrequently I've been posting recently, but I thought I'd provide it now anyway. Keep up the great work, and don't be afraid to be yourselves.

We seem to be getting more and more of these spats. Maybe a sign that the site is growing but they are quite depressing

There are people on here whose views drive me to despair but I am equally sure I do the same to them. I reserve the right to call that as I see it and recognise the right of those who disagree to disagree with my views also. Isn't that what a forum is about?

What is wrong is when any of this gets personal. Name calling should be an automatic 24 hr ban from the site and maybe a 3 strike and your out rule should also apply

The point here is that this is a forum , and the only thing that really links us all is that we support the Boro , therefore everyone's views are valid.

Seriously guys how hard is that?

Lee you are a 'valued member' everyone that contributes to this site is, some are more local than others but their opinion in just that. If you have views/things to say please post them, this forum needs as many viewpoints as possible and as you say we all support the Mighty Boro.

Good post Lee, look forward to others in the future.