oneBoro Forum

I'm out

I'm not as active as I was a couple of years ago, but when I do post I don't find the forum is cliquey. This might be because I'm unknowingly a member of a clique. If so, I'm surprised that I'm a 13 year old girl, and that the other girls let me join in.

Edit:

It has come to my attention that I would act like a 13 year old girl if I met George Friend. Carry on.

You are in fact in the secret santa clique. So secret that no one in it realises they are......now you know of course your no longer init .............BUT now you think your out you may just be back in

You're not in the clique either...

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

I'm not as active as I was a couple of years ago, but when I do post I don't find the forum is cliquey. This might be because I'm unknowingly a member of a clique. If so, I'm surprised that I'm a 13 year old girl, and that the other girls let me join in.

Edit:

It has come to my attention that I would act like a 13 year old girl if I met George Friend. Carry on.

You are in fact in the secret santa clique. So secret that no one in it realises they are......now you know of course your no longer init .............BUT now you think your out you may just be back in

You're not in the clique either...

Ahh you say that but is that just misdirection.....classic mi5

I find it more than a bit ironic that the very same playground behaviour that Typicalbrough is complaining about has been displayed so clearly in many of the responses to his post. Immediately some people jump to the conclusion that he's complaining about the 'rose-tinted glasses' brigade and the latter assume that he's siding with the pessimists. He's probably had his decision totally confirmed now.

In fact, he didn't mention any of that.

I too have been put off posting because of childish responses (and you do not have to be 16 to be childish). But also because of the general lack of friendliness (which I realise is a vicious circle). A few years back, you could log on to a match thread and actually be greeted by other members. I see little or none of that now, which is a pity. It no longer feels like a cosy club.

A lot of members seem to get themselves very het up about issues that they cannot influence, and have difficulty in accepting the fact that they may not be right.

I won't be joining Typicalbrough, although I came very close a year or two ago. OneBoro is still probably the best of what's on offer, although that's not really saying much.

I think some people take this place too seriously. It's a place to come and have a leisurely chat about football ...that's it. If you don't like some characters ignore them or find somewhere else.

I think some people take this place too seriously. It's a place to come and have a leisurely chat about football ...that's it. If you don't like some characters ignore them or find somewhere else.

My point exactly. But it's not always easy to ignore people when they are so very much in your face. And as for 'find somewhere else'....where? Not easy, Humpty.

I think there is differing perceptions to what this forum is supposed to offer, and this can only be individual to each user.

Personally, I like to come on the forum to chat about all things Boro. I'm a relatively new poster so don't really expect people to be welcoming me on every time or anything, I just like to chat and see everyone's interesting and often differing points of view.

I think the one Boro meet ups are a great idea, and it's always nice to meet new people, especially when you have the Boro in common. But personally, I don't come on the forum to meet new friends, just purely to chat all things Middlesbrough!

But maybe I'm just a miserable get!

I enjoyed the little break from the forum :)

I don't mind people disagreeing with me but do it in a respectful way.

Do everyone on the forum and block me, That's aimed at more than one person and you people know who you are.

I Praise the team/Management, I criticise the teams/Management, I get excited with the team/Management, I get ***ed off with the team/Management... Basically I express how I feel at the time but I always love the club :)

UTB

You have plenty of people that agree with you and there is usually an element of truth in your posts, however they are very blunt/overly critical and that is probably what people disagrees with. Saying we are without a chance of finishing top-2 with 90 points to play for is just a bit, well, ridiculous. But that doesn't mean you are entitled to that opinion, but that is always going to cause some flak, although that should never transcend into name calling. But be assured that the mods will clamp down on that.

As I said if possible try and get to some of the meet up's especially if you take in away games as they are far easier to organise, get to know some of the lads and lasses(well Red Rocket) the meet ups are good fun and full of interesting conversations and topics!

You have plenty of people that agree with you and there is usually an element of truth in your posts, however they are very blunt/overly critical and that is probably what people disagrees with. Saying we are without a chance of finishing top-2 with 90 points to play for is just a bit, well, ridiculous. But that doesn't mean you are entitled to that opinion, but that is always going to cause some flak, although that should never transcend into name calling. But be assured that the mods will clamp down on that.

I think we have a great chance of finishing in the top 2 but if we keep playing in the same way we have for the most part I don't think we do have any chance. IMO we have are lucky to have the amount of points we do.

With the squad we have this season our performance's in the main should be far better than they are.

At least we have the points and that is the main thing........................onwards and upwards especially this weekend as it could very well be another good week for the Boro

Agreed.. To be in this position with the ability to improve is great, Hopefully AK get more out of the team because if he does then I think we will finish top 2 :)