oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Huddersfield (A) 2-0

Wagner has stated that they will come at us right from the off, should be a fast entertaining game hopefully we can score early on to change their plans

Doesn't that suit us? :)

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Although i agree with you about gibson. You obviously cant just see from watching the games as james has watched the games and thought different

Of course you can otherwise whenever there's a difference of opinion than both people would be wrong as opposed to one of them being wrong and one of them being right.  That doesn't mean that in this instance I'm the one who is definitely right but obviously I believe that it is otherwise I wouldn't have said it.

You can see from watching them as a partnership over an extended period of time that they are a better fit with each other for example.  You can see during games how we tend to have greater solidity with them as a pair as opposed to any other pair we've used over that time, not just Amorebieta but Kalas playing in there as well.

I think there are things that Amorebieta does better than Gibson - he's a better passer of a ball for starters and his decision making when in possession is generally better in my opinion.  However defensively I'm not sure he's as good Gibson, I would say he's more prone to big individual mistakes than Gibson.  That's not to say I think Gibson is perfect by any means but the partnership him and Ayala have has clearly proven to be our strongest so far.  I will say that they've had more time to develop that understanding however and that puts Amorebieta at a disadvantage in my opinion.  If they had both had equal time training and playing together it might be different.

I'm more than a little surprised Stuani isn't starting. I don't think Adomah did anywhere near enough against QPR and I thought Stuani would be back in for this one.

Although i agree with you about gibson. You obviously cant just see from watching the games as james has watched the games and thought different

Of course you can otherwise whenever there's a difference of opinion than both people would be wrong as opposed to one of them being wrong and one of them being right.  That doesn't mean that in this instance I'm the one who is definitely right but obviously I believe that it is otherwise I wouldn't have said it.

You can see from watching them as a partnership over an extended period of time that they are a better fit with each other for example.  You can see during games how we tend to have greater solidity with them as a pair as opposed to any other pair we've used over that time, not just Amorebieta but Kalas playing in there as well.

I think there are things that Amorebieta does better than Gibson - he's a better passer of a ball for starters and his decision making when in possession is generally better in my opinion.  However defensively I'm not sure he's as good Gibson, I would say he's more prone to big individual mistakes than Gibson.  That's not to say I think Gibson is perfect by any means but the partnership him and Ayala have has clearly proven to be our strongest so far.  I will say that they've had more time to develop that understanding however and that puts Amorebieta at a disadvantage in my opinion.  If they had both had equal time training and playing together it might be different.

I'm surprised anyone can say they'd rather have Amorebieta in the team than Gibson, I'm genuinely a bit shocked as I agree with CT here, I think it's blatantly obvious Gibson and Ayala are our best pairing.

I'm more than a little surprised Stuani isn't starting.  I don't think Adomah did anywhere near enough against QPR and I thought Stuani would be back in for this one.

In agreement with you on this CT just let us hope that Albert has one of his more inspired games :)

Sounds like Amorbieta is starting going off his tweet.

IMO Ayala & Gibson should be the No1 partnership.

What was his tweet NB?

@la_grulla5

Back to @SkyBetChamp and ready to help my teammates  Come On @Boro!!!! #UTB

I thought his wink was an indication that he was probably starting.. That will teach me not to assume.

What a misleading winker!

Stuani probably not fit for more than 30 minutes or so

Yeah could be a fitness thing good point.  I'd be surprised if he doesn't start one of the next few games though.

Wagner has stated that they will come at us right from the off, should be a fast entertaining game hopefully we can score early on to change their plans

Doesn't that suit us? :)

Definitely. We'll be hitting then on the break a fair bit i imagine.

Hopefully it'll take a bit longer for their manager to fully implement his ideas and we can take advantage today.