oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Huddersfield (A) 2-0

Dimi, Nsue, Ayala, Gibson, Friend, Adomah, Clayton, Zuculini, Downing, Fabbrini, Nugent.

Subs: Mejias, Amorebieta, Forshaw, Stuani, Kike, de Pena, Stephens.

So we get this team and what are the things people are looking for other than the obvious of winning the game!

I would say I'm looking for Fabbrini to be far more effective than he has been lately.  Zuculini has another chance to show what he can do and he would appear to be vying for 3rd choice with Forshaw now with Stephens slipping down the pecking order?  

I think Adomah needs a big game as I wasn't impressed with him at all last Friday.  I'd probably like to see Downing be really influential as well but that's a longer term thing with me as I feel he's good enough to make a real difference to us. Also maybe how well we're able to support Nugent?

From a defensive point of view seeing as how we've just been talking about it, I'd be interested to see how we cope with their high tempo stuff (if that's indeed how they play) as I think we struggle at times against higher tempo football as we seem to naturally want it to be slower.  Is that a fair comment?  I don't know.

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Dimi, Nsue, Ayala, Gibson, Friend, Adomah, Clayton, Zuculini, Downing, Fabbrini, Nugent.

Subs: Mejias, Amorebieta, Forshaw, Stuani, Kike, de Pena, Stephens.

So we get this team and what are the things people are looking for other than the obvious of winning the game!

I would say I'm looking for Fabbrini to be far more effective than he has been lately.  Zuculini has another chance to show what he can do and he would appear to be vying for 3rd choice with Forshaw now with Stephens slipping down the pecking order?  

I think Adomah needs a big game as I wasn't impressed with him at all last Friday.  I'd probably like to see Downing be really influential as well but that's a longer term thing with me as I feel he's good enough to make a real difference to us. Also maybe how well we're able to support Nugent?

From a defensive point of view seeing as how we've just been talking about it, I'd be interested to see how we cope with their high tempo stuff (if that's indeed how they play) as I think we struggle at times against higher tempo football as we seem to naturally want it to be slower.  Is that a fair comment?  I don't know.

I'm entirely willing to admit I might be wildly wrong... but wasn't Stephens more of a defensive recruit than midfield? I know he can do both, but I was under the impression we viewed him more as centre back cover.

As for Zuculini, we brought him in when Forshaw was injured, aye? So essentially he's the short term cover while Forshaw gets fit again.

Up and running now Mark Paige takes the helm lets have a win to cheer up Ali Brownlee!

Do you know what I really feel that this is just the type of game that would suit De Penna, if only he could have shown more before now.

I'm entirely willing to admit I might be wildly wrong... but wasn't Stephens more of a defensive recruit than midfield? I know he can do both, but I was under the impression we viewed him more as centre back cover.

As for Zuculini, we brought him in when Forshaw was injured, aye? So essentially he's the short term cover while Forshaw gets fit again.

Wasn't there some confusion about it?  Dave Parnaby had been on the radio and said he thought he'd been brought in for one position when everyone thought it was for another?  I can't remember which way around it was though.  He played against Man Utd in midfield so I guess we have to assume he is viewed as a midfield option at least?

Wasn't there some confusion about it?  Dave Parnaby had been on the radio and said he thought he'd been brought in for one position when everyone thought it was for another?  I can't remember which way around it was though.  He played against Man Utd in midfield so I guess we have to assume he is viewed as a midfield option at least?

The flexibility is certainly handy. I kind of think of him as filling the spot that a fit Rhys would in the squad - though I fear we may never see such a thing as a fit Rhys!

Afternoon all,

Hoping for a well deserved win today... slightly wary of it being the new Huddersfield managers first home game, but with harder games to come this would be a big boost. Happy with the team, shame Stuani isn't starting but can understand why.