•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

A Mirror journalist reckons Derby have bid £12.3mil for McCormack

Checked it and it looks like a fake account

Phew. Didn't you mention a fee of £8m?

Yeah, that's what I was told.

Personally, I don't think they would sell for just £8mil, I would it would be that plus add-ons when promoted

Possibly. But I can see £8m being accepted if a player or two goes in the opposite direction not as part of the deal but separately. As I've said I've heard kike and husband might be going the other way.

Would anyone be happy with £8M+ Adomah for McCormack?.

Yeh id go for that. But id think its more likely husband and 8 mill

I think it would be Husband too, I want him to stay because he looks like he could be a top LB for us.

I agree. But as my lad says hes too good to be a second choice

Yeh id go for that. But id think its more likely husband and 8 mill

I think it would be Husband too, I want him to stay because he looks like he could be a top LB for us.

I agree. But as my lad says hes too good to be a second choice

Agreed, Plus if he was needed to be part of a deal I think it would be worth it, IMO McCormack would make us even better & I genuinely think he would be the final piece if the jigsaw that gets us promoted. Of course it might not work but I think it would be a chance worth taking.

I really don't want to see McCormack at Boro at all.  We've got a fantastic team spirit built up and the last thing we need is a toxic mercenary like him coming in at this vital stage in a promotion push.  All that nonsense him and his agent cooked up just to get a better contract at Leeds, then to go and leave within 12 months for another pay rise?  Didn't he try something similar years ago when he was at Cardiff?  He's completely out for himself and willing to act like a knob to get what he wants.

Bamford on the other hand seems genuine and honest whenever he speaks, and whilst he also wants to be as successful as he can be, he wants to do it by playing football and moving forward in his career, wherever that may be.  He's motivated by winning games, not by how big his pay cheque is.

Consider what would happen in the Prem with McCormack?  As soon as we went on a bad run he'd be trying to engineer a move away, or if he scored a few goals for us he'd be pulling the same Leeds-stunt to get himself more money.  And how much of that would rub off on the other players and then suddenly you've got a divided dressing room while we get relegated again.

Not for me at all.  Sorry for being negative but the potential risks are too much just for someone who can score some goals.  There are other options out there and we should look at those first.  Rhodes, Bamford or Gayle would all be a better fit for the team (and all younger as well, so more chance of a return on the outlay).

Why do so many people think RM will disrupt the dressing room and be a bad influence? Yes, his agent used our interest to get him a better deal at Leeds. Well ladidaaa he is a footballer and he wants the best deal possible and at that time he got that at Leeds. His agent strung us along but in reality that's his job. He is fulhams captain so I doubt he is so disruptive.

Fact is though, at the minute the main position we need is a LW, and McCormack is better in that role than either of the other you've mentioned Leon.

Also, if I was playing at Cardiff, Leeds and Fulham I'd be angling for a move or demanding a pay rise to stay, too

I don't believe he ever aid he was leaving Leeds to join us either, was just his agent

How do you know he's a "toxic mercenary," did anyone thinking clayton was when his agent was trying to secure him the best possible deal? I don't know him personally but perhaps McCormack's agent does the same allowing the lad to focus on his football.

If all the hooha when we last tried to sign him had occurred between leeds and another club I very much doubt anyone would really care now.

If AK and his team have identified McCormack as the missing piece then that's good enough for me.

When Bamford was first linked with us last season he took his time deciding to come to us - plenty of people said he was lazy and if he didn't want to play for us then he could do one. As mentioned above, Clayt's agent messed us around a bit to get his client the best deal. Are we suggesting that Clayt's or Bamford shouldn't have been signed? Were they 'toxic mercenaries'?

Sorry, but this small minded attitude that just because RM didn't fall over himself to join us when he had the chance he's a toxic mercenary who isn't fit to wear the shirt really annoys me. It's sensationalism, based on facts that none of us are actually aware of.

How do you know he's a "toxic mercenary," did anyone thinking clayton was when his agent was trying to secure him the best possible deal? I don't know him personally but perhaps McCormack's agent does the same allowing the lad to focus on his football.

If all the hooha when we last tried to sign him had occurred between leeds and another club I very much doubt anyone would really care now.

If AK and his team have identified McCormack as the missing piece then that's good enough for me.

At first I thought no, But thinking about it I agree with what people have said..

The key thing is, If AK & Mr Gibson think he is the right player to sign then I fully back them.

Let's put it this way... Would anyone want him to sign for Derby or Hull? I know I wouldn't. IMO if he did sign for one of them he would probably help them finish top 2.

I've never seen any reports about RM having a bad influence on a dressing room and if people think someone has no loyaty and is mercenary because he signed a new contract with his existing club instead of moving. I wonder what people must of thought about karanka when he signed his improved contract after been linked to over clubs in the summer.