• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

When Bamford was first linked with us last season he took his time deciding to come to us - plenty of people said he was lazy and if he didn't want to play for us then he could do one. As mentioned above, Clayt's agent messed us around a bit to get his client the best deal. Are we suggesting the Clayt's or Bamford shouldn't have been signed? Were they 'toxic mercenaries'?

Sorry, but this small minded attitude that just because RM didn't fall over himself to join us when he had the chance he's a toxic mercenaries who isn't fit to wear the shirt really annoys me. It's sensationalism, based on facts that none of us are actually aware of.

First of all I'm not small minded.

Second. There's a big difference with Clayton, he was on the move looked at all of his options then decided the best deal for himself. RM and his agent pretended they wanted to move. Used Boro as a pawn seeing how Mowbray wanted a goal scorer. The agent even put the word about to some key figures that a deal was almost done when He had no intention of joining us. Then there's was all the badge kissing after subsequent scored against.us.

Now he sees us as his best opportunity to play football in the premier league and again bump up his pay packed. Good striker or not the guy is a bellwhacker

Since when did RM become the best option available at LW?!

How many times has he played there? I have no never seen him play that position...has anyone?

There are more players in the world than Bamford, Rhodes and RM too btw.

I agree with Leon. I dont buy into this who cares as long as he fires us to promotion....There is life beyond this season.

Since when did RM become the best option available at LW?!

How many times has he played there? I have no never seen him play that position...has anyone?

There are more players in the world than Bamford, Rhodes and RM too btw.

I agree with Leon. I dont buy into this who cares as long as he fires us to promotion....There is life beyond this season.

He started out white for Dundee, there were murmurs that we had the chance of signing him before Cardiff but never took it iirc

Firstly I didn't direct the comment at anyone, nor did I say that anyone was small minded - I said that particular attitude was small minded.

Secondly, i'm afraid I don't really see that much difference. We have no idea whether McCormack was actually interested in joining Boro but subsequently received a better offer from Leeds, or whether it really all was all mind games from the start. Surely if he was a mercenary then he would've been quite happy to move to Boro had we paid him enough?

As for him celebrating against us last season, and I've mentioned this on another thread before, but are we really suggesting that a player who receives abuse from opposition fans throughout the course of the game and who then goes on to score a hat-trick really isn't going to celebrate in front of those fans? I know I would if I were in that position, so I find it difficult to judge RM for doing the same thing.

The guy is Fulham's captain and the only reports I have seen from Fulham fans about RM have been positive - there is absolutely no suggestion that the guy is a bad influence there. Why would he suddenly come to Middlesbrough and become a bad influence in our changing room? Again, if the guy is a mercenary as you suggest then surely it would be in his best interest to perform as well for us as possible in order to help us get into the prem?

As I have said before, I've seen absolutely nothing in the press, on Fulham fan websites, or anywhere else (apart from Boro forums) that suggest RM is anything other than a good goalscorering professional. If someone can produce something tangible, as opposed to suppositions from years ago, then I am willing to be proven wrong.

When Bamford was first linked with us last season he took his time deciding to come to us - plenty of people said he was lazy and if he didn't want to play for us then he could do one. As mentioned above, Clayt's agent messed us around a bit to get his client the best deal. Are we suggesting the Clayt's or Bamford shouldn't have been signed? Were they 'toxic mercenaries'?

Sorry, but this small minded attitude that just because RM didn't fall over himself to join us when he had the chance he's a toxic mercenaries who isn't fit to wear the shirt really annoys me. It's sensationalism, based on facts that none of us are actually aware of.

First of all I'm not small minded.

Second. There's a big difference with Clayton, he was on the move looked at all of his options then decided the best deal for himself. RM and his agent pretended they wanted to move. Used Boro as a pawn seeing how Mowbray wanted a goal scorer. The agent even put the word about to some key figures that a deal was almost done when He had no intention of joining us. Then there's was all the badge kissing after subsequent scored against.us.

Now he sees us as his best opportunity to play football in the premier league and again bump up his pay packed. Good striker or not the guy is a bellwhacker

The only thing I disagree with you on is the badge kissing when he scored against us.

We'd been hounding and booing him for the whole match, if it was me I'd have celebrated in front of us too. That's just part of football.

I love how everyone points to Holloway as the source for RM, it was merely a suggestion people. I watched the game and his suggestion too. Anyone else agree with me purely just suggestion?

But if he got us in the prem, would you really care that much?

Yes, because if we signed him for 3 years then we're stuck with him and the potential shenanigans.  And the last year of that contract could be back in the Championship.

Why do so many people think RM will disrupt the dressing room and be a bad influence? Yes, his agent used our interest to get him a better deal at Leeds. Well ladidaaa he is a footballer and he wants the best deal possible and at that time he got that at Leeds. His agent strung us along but in reality that's his job. He is fulhams captain so I doubt he is so disruptive.

At this level they're all getting ridiculous amounts of money, so I'd just prefer someone who chooses a club and plays his best to win trophies and promotions.  Not someone who doesn't really care about the team, just how much money he can squeeze out of them.

Fact is though, at the minute the main position we need is a LW, and McCormack is better in that role than either of the other  you've mentioned Leon.

Also, if I was playing at Cardiff, Leeds and Fulham I'd be angling for a move or demanding a pay rise to stay, too

I don't believe he ever aid he was leaving Leeds to join us either, was just his agent

Is he though?  Bamford played on the left for us, Gayle has played out there for Palace, and neither of those two were lacking in the goals department?  I don't really care whether he was joining us or not, it's his general attitude and the way he throws in transfer requests.

When Bamford was first linked with us last season he took his time deciding to come to us - plenty of people said he was lazy and if he didn't want to play for us then he could do one. As mentioned above, Clayt's agent messed us around a bit to get his client the best deal. Are we suggesting that Clayt's or Bamford shouldn't have been signed? Were they 'toxic mercenaries'?

Sorry, but this small minded attitude that just because RM didn't fall over himself to join us when he had the chance he's a toxic mercenary who isn't fit to wear the shirt really annoys me. It's sensationalism, based on facts that none of us are actually aware of.

Again, it's nothing to do with whether he was joining us or someone else, it's just the way he's conducted himself through several clubs/transfers now.  Bamford and Clayton both assessed the several options available to them, I don't think either of them were playing sides off against each other to get themselves an enhanced deal?

Let's put it this way... Would anyone want him to sign for Derby or Hull? I know I wouldn't. IMO if he did sign for one of them he would probably help them finish top 2.

I wouldn't either as he will score goals, but I still don't want him here.

Exactly.

Definitely.  And what if we signed him and then the unthinkable happened and we didn't get promoted this season?  As soon as the transfer window opened on July 1st his agent would be in the papers telling everyone how unhappy he is since he moved to Boro to get him his next move.

Sorry, I struggle to quote select parts of text on my phone so I can't quote your last paragraph Leon, but (and this is a genuine question) has his agent repeatedly said that RM is unhappy with Fulham and wants to leave? If he has, I haven't seen it. Isn't that what Rhodes did in the summer? Do you not want him either?

Sorry, I struggle to quote select parts of text on my phone so I can't quote your last paragraph Leon, but (and this is a genuine question) has his agent repeatedly said that RM is unhappy with Fulham and wants to leave? If he has, I haven't seen it. Isn't that what Rhodes did in the summer? Do you not want him either?

I too would like to know a bit more about this, because as far as I'm aware he has conducted himself professionally at Fulham and his transfer from Leeds was also pretty straightforward if I remember correctly.

I think it's fair to say the he divides opinion (well mine anyways). If he was to rock up in a Boro shirt I'd be behind the guy. If he was to score the winner in a play off final or score the goals that got us promoted, then you'd find me in the middle of a RM & Barnaby sand which ;)