oneBoro Forum

January 2016 Transfer Window

That's exactly my point, AR, but you try convincing the rest of the forum, they've all pretty much got his bags packed.

Apparently the fact that AK has said that he doesn't want to sell Kike, means that he does want to sell KIke.

You couldn't make it up.

Except that you did just make it up.  I don't think anybody is selling off Kike, he's been linked with a move and we've been linked with strikers so people are discussing the possibilities.  There's nothing complicated or crazy about it.

A lot of people seem to want us to sell Old Kike. that's not made up.

You say that  he's been linked with a move, who to? Or is that made up?

Wolves and Leeds both have confirmed interest.

I've just done a bit of research, Wolves were linked with him in June, Leeds in November, could be something in it, could be lazy journalism. I'd quite like us to keep him.

Wolves Interested in Kike - dated 4 days ago

Leeds Interested in Kike - From Today

The Wolves one has the potential to be lazy journalism potentially, but the Leeds one is a literal quote from Steve Evans. 

Regardless of AK saying he's not for sale (he's fibbed before) there is recent evidence that other teams are sniffing around him. 

Therefore, it's totally legit for people to discuss the possibility.

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the Gaston Ramirez untrue?

Not sure if it's untrue, we might have been linked at some point, but it certainly looks like it won't happen.

Thanks for the info

I think Graeme Bailey was tweeting out earlier saying that there's nothing in it with regards to Ramirez. Though I'll be darned if I can find the tweet right now.

Let's see re Kike Mark 2, can't really argue with the club these days, have done little wrong recently.

Doesn't it feel great that this is the case nowadays. Before the recent era I would have been looking at his goalscoring and injury record and questioning the signing. But now I have faith that AK knows what he's doing and will get the best out of him.

I was just having a think about this record breaking defence the other day... We signed them for a total of £450k...

Nsue - Free

Ayala - £350k

Gibson - Free

Friend - £100k

Obviously we would never sell any of them but what would you sell them for now if you had to? Personally I would go for around...

Nsue - £6million

Ayala - £15million

Gibson - £15million

Friend - £9million

They might not be realistic but I certainly wouldn't be accepting any less than that. So that's £45million in total, 100 times what we bought them for. Some fantastic business being done by the club these days. Great to see!

Interesting post and got a few people chipping in with their own different valuations. Whatever their true price might be I think we can all agree that they are worth shed loads more than they were 'acquired' for. As you say - good business and also maybe good coaching and development by the club.

A mate of mine is a Donny ST holder and he was surprised when we bought Gorgeous from them. I can still remember what he said - 'slow, liable to make stupid defensive blunders and can't shoot. OK going forward though.' Did not instill much confidence at the time.... but fortunately someone who knows more than we do obviously saw something in him and god they were right...

Just goes to show that you don't always have to splash tons of cash to get what you need. I have every faith in our management to continue to make such shrewd decisions.

Let's see re Kike Mark 2, can't really argue with the club these days, have done little wrong recently.

Doesn't it feel great that this is the case nowadays. Before the recent era I would have been looking at his goalscoring and injury record and questioning the signing. But now I have faith that AK knows what he's doing and will get the best out of him.

I was just having a think about this record breaking defence the other day... We signed them for a total of £450k...

Nsue - Free

Ayala - £350k

Gibson - Free

Friend - £100k

Obviously we would never sell any of them but what would you sell them for now if you had to? Personally I would go for around...

Nsue - £6million

Ayala - £15million

Gibson - £15million

Friend - £9million

They might not be realistic but I certainly wouldn't be accepting any less than that. So that's £45million in total, 100 times what we bought them for. Some fantastic business being done by the club these days. Great to see!

Someone should show Sean Douche that stat, love it we certainly "bought" the best defence in England!!

Is the Gaston Ramirez untrue?

Not sure if it's untrue, we might have been linked at some point, but it certainly looks like it won't happen.

Thanks for the info

I think Graeme Bailey was tweeting out earlier saying that there's nothing in it with regards to Ramirez. Though I'll be darned if I can find the tweet right now.

Think that was Nixon mate... Tweeted earlier nothing in it

Nsue - Free

Ayala - £350k

Gibson - Free

Friend - £100k

Nsue - £6million

Ayala - £15million

Gibson - £15million

Friend - £9million

Someone should show Sean Douche that stat, love it we certainly "bought" the best defence in England!!

Yeah good point mate!

Has there been anything on the Swedish lad, saw on twitter its fallen through?

Posted a report this morning that suggested he turned us down.

In the midst of all our hype id forgotten we were just a second tier English team.

Being rejected by this guy who not many had heard of brings us back down to earth.

Wonder if it was us or the role he was being offered