oneBoro Forum

January 2016 Transfer Window

Its easy to say that people are over reacting by saying we need x and y after a defeat, but when peoe point out we need x and y when we dont lose then rhey are accused of being negative and are told to enjoy the win. Many peoples opinions on certain aspects of our team are consistent:

2 defensive CMs can leave us with little spark at times

The 3 behind the striker are too inconsitent and dont chip in ith enough goals

Ours strikers arent clinical enough and are often left isolated

Without Gibson Friend and Ayala our defense looks shaky

Just because we were too of the league doesnt mean that these issues still didnt apply, its just that they were being masked by the results. As soon as we lose then they become problems again.

We can blame the personnel, we can blame the system, the scouts, Karanka. How we are at the moment reminds me of periods under McClaren where we were difficult to beat but really boring to watch. Karanka can state that he hasnt got the depth or the players he wants but I would assume its his job to shuffle his deck. Whether he wanted Downing or he was a business buy from Gibson is unknown but I cant see him goinf anywhere so really we need to work out how to get the best out of him.

The strangest thing for me is our starting 11 consists of the players for 442 yet we insist on 4231/451. Id like to see Downing moved in a CM role to control the game from there and for us to buy better quality attackers for the3 behind the striker ( and make their primary job to attack not to track back, eapecially at home).

Bamford would be quality as CF and also LW (allowing Stuani to play CF), McCormack would be good in any of the front 4, Gayle would be good. These are our names though rather than the clubs actual shortlist so we shouldnt be outraged if they dont materialse. Kike Sola may turn out to.be a masterstroke, all we can do is trust and enjoy the ride.

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Hull City are leading the chase for Bamford according to the Sunday People. Would love him here though, does anybody think its a possibility that he might come back? Surely, he knows that he'd be welcome back and on that basis if he was going to come back he'd be here by now?

Ps, I'd have thought Norwich might be his likely destination if he was to go out on loan again.

With the clubs at the bottom end of the prem struggling for goals it wouldnt suprise me if he is waiting to see if he gets snapped up by one of them before waiting for the loan window to drop down if needs be. Maybe he wouldnt fancy coming back as he only wants to play CF weekd in week out and we would want him as LW at times?

oh and to be honest I can see why Fulham rejected our last offer. 9 miljon + Kike on Loan for the rest of the season. I think we need to pay the 11 that they gave for him 1,5 years ago, or 9 + Kike on permant.

I've a feeling the macormack saga may go till the very end. Fulham want big bucks for him ,they have our bid and what's stopping them hanging on as long as poss to see if any other bigger offers come in

I've a feeling the macormack saga may go till the very end.  Fulham want big bucks for him ,they have our bid and what's stopping them hanging on as long as poss to see if any other bigger offers come in

Cant see anyone else pay those 11 mil for him at his age. No other championteam will atleast.

Didn't Bailey say a few days we were willing to go back in with a bid in excess of £10m to get RM? And we haven't heard nout else since Phillips counter offer. So interesting week coming up