oneBoro Forum

January 2016 Transfer Window

Just on the Downing stuff...

I came across a female Boro fan on Instagram earlier who has photos with Ayala, Leadbitter, Karanka and Downing after the Nottingham Forest game on Saturday. Now I have no idea who this girl is so you can make as much from this comment as you want. I just came across her because she had written a comment under one of the photos on the Boro's official Instagram. And from a quick glance through her photos she is obviously a massive Boro fan and I feel she has some connection with the club and must know some of the players as she has photos with some of the players and also a 'take me back to...' photo of a message that Juninho had sent to her. Anyway she claims that Downing was "a massive diva" after the Nottingham Forest game and that "his attitude stinks and he needs to go". She says the conversation she had with him went like this...

Her: are you ok stewy lad, why did karanka take you off?

Downing: because he's an ***hole

As I say, I don't know this girl so have no idea how reliable she is. But she does seem to have some connection to the team and I'm not sure why she would make this up when she has a photo with him after the match.

Anyway I just thought I'd post as someone questioned why he would leave so maybe his relationship isn't all that great with AK and if so, that may be a reason for him to leave if a possible move came along.

I wouldnt read too much into it it was probably heat of the moment comment. I am often called the same thing by many people regularly but I know deep down it is always in the moment. Even those who I dont even know I just feel I catch them at a bad time.

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldnt read too much into it it was probably heat of the moment comment. I am often called the same thing by many people regularly but I know deep down it is always in the moment. Even those who I dont even know I just feel I catch them at a bad time.

Err yeah...heat of the moment  :dodgy:  ;)

I don't know why but this really made me laugh  :D

My lad has pics with mogga Downing leadbitter and others.................he knows nothing

Gee, thanks Dad :(

We'll it proves having pics taken with players doesn't make you a genius when it comes to knowing what's happening in the club

My lad has pics with mogga Downing leadbitter and others.................he knows nothing

We'll it proves having pics taken with players doesn't make you a genius when it comes to knowing what's happening in the club

I didn't say her having pics with the players made her a genius when it comes to knowing what is happening at the club.

I said she had pics with the players after Saturday's game and those were the words he said to her. By scrolling through her other posts, it becomes pretty clear she has something to do with the club, which it seems is true, as maddrenswillie has said she used to work for Boro TV.

I didn't say her having pics with the players made her a genius when it comes to knowing what is happening at the club.

I said she had pics with the players after Saturday's game and those were the words he said to her. By scrolling through her other posts, it becomes pretty clear she has something to do with the club, which it seems is true, as maddrenswillie has said she used to work for Boro TV.

You got her name?

Edit: Found her. Quite worrying, actually.

Are we seriously considering this an issue? Stewey still wants to drive this club to the PL, his motivations won't change. If anything, he's probably just under the impression he's playing better than AK thinks he is. Can't imagine that's rare for a player to think he's performing better than his manager thinks. Difference of opinion at most. It's also not the first time AK has been unimpressed with his performances.

I don't see Stewey as a player who will throw all his toys out the pram over this. He'll be back in the team in a week's time, guarantee it.

I didn't want to sound like a wannabe ITK earlier but since my comment about Downing was mocked, it would only be fair to say that I'd heard something similar about Karanka/Downing. I very much doubt that he'll leave but apparently Karanka is less than impressed with him.

Just to go back to the Downing controversy for a second, the lass claims that he said it in front of all the press.

He said it in front of the press and we haven't seen one article even suggesting a slight unrest? Either they didn't hear him or it didn't happen.