oneBoro Forum

January 2016 Transfer Window

They can,t demand that Rhodes doesnt play on Saturday can they ???

Just think about how many of our signings over the years have been "injured" When we play whoever we bought them from.. I bet it's quite a few. It's been a running joke at my work for a while

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Rhodes at £9 million is good value for money considering everything. People are using his form this season as a stick to beat him with but his 8 goals in 12 games is still great, especially compared to our very own David Nugent. But he runs around a lot though so it's fine, apparently. The market for strikers is incredibly inflated at the moment, with silly money being demanded for any decent striker. Andre Gray has one good season in the Championship last season and cost £9 million last summer. Lewis Grabban had a decent 2 year spell in the Championship and cost £7 million. Benik Afobe had a year in the Championship and cost £10 million. There's also some huge figures quoted for even League 1 strikers like Tom Bradshaw. Jordan Rhodes isn't a one or two season wonder. He has consistently scored goals for 6 and a half seasons and is still only 25(26 next week though). The quality is there, that's without doubt, the issue is whether Karanka can actually utilise his strengths. Karanka has gone around in circles with attackers so hopefully having an out and out poacher will make things simple for him. On paper the thought of Downing, Ramirez and Adomah creating chances for a striker the quality of Rhodes is very exciting. It's up to Karanka to adapt to play to Rhodes strengths. Steve Gibson deserves massive credit for throwing the kitchen sink at this season.

Shall we start taking bets for how long it will be until Dyche sticks his big ginger chin in on us signing Rhodes?. In the morning I can imagine Dyche sat with his wife having breakfast at the dinning room table shovelling a pigs troth of porridge into that hole in his face, picks up the newspaper to read news that we've agreed a fee for Rhodes, flies into a rage, stands up and picks up the chair that he was sitting on and throws it at his wife. There's a lot a pent-up anger there.

All that bitterness from Dyke comes from Boro escaping with a 3:3 draw against Chesterfield in the FA Cup semi of 1997 - he has hated us ever since. Bitterness and hatred eh?

Great news on Rhodes and maybe Pritchard.

Haven't had chance to post as much as I'd like to recently due to a job change and move to a foreign country (Wales counts as a foreign country :P)

But I'd just like to say

HOLY MUFFA *$%€ Balls it's great to be a Boro supporter right now. And a special shout out to Steve Gibson greatest chairman ever FACT!!!!

Welcome to Wales..

Warning: With the Six Nations starting next week prepare to be bombarded with over patriotic welsh folk singing their national anthem at every opportunity and wearing red

Welcome to wales uwe, expect alot of drinking around the six nations time, they love their beer and rugby. But its always a good laugh and lots of good banter in the pubs usually

More of a old school winger for me... Sorry to change subject as well but a lot of people suggesting the RM offer is still on the table... Might be rubbish but just thought would say... If we got both and that's a huge IF could we see us play 4-4-2??

Rhodes is the player I wanted us to sign most out of all the strikers we were linked with, He has been the most prolific striker in the championship over the last 6 seasons.

IMO a premier league team should of took a chance with him because I think he will score goals regularly in any league.

Obviously I want us to get promoted but I really want to watch Rhodes in the premier league.

Woke up this morning, first thing I did was check my phone again to make sure it wasn't a dream. Hands up, yesterday lunchtime I had convinced myself we wouldn't get anyone else in before the window closed. Now Rhodes and possibly Pritchard as well, Gibbo pulls it out the bag again. Can't wait for the next game.