• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Burnley fans on Twitter are already going mental saying we're buying the league. Convinced that they're not able to compete with the money we've spent and how we'll surely be getting picked up by FFP if we don't go up. How much did Gray actually cost? They're convinced it was £6m but I thought it was £9m?

It was 6m plus an extra 3m with add-ons.

They've already spent 1m on Lowton and another 1m for a youngster from Everton that nobody has ever heard of...

And the likes of Joey Barton and Paul Robinson won't be playing for a pack of chips and a can of coke every week.

Well according to "transfermarket.co.uk". Over the last 3 seasons..

13/14 = -973K.

14/15 = -4.35m

15/16 = -10.35m

Total = 15.5 million loss over 3 seasons. (Not included Rhodes figure).

And that would be if the deals were all paid out in one go. So hypothetically if they were to be spread out, which i assume they would be, then it is an acceptable loss. Does anyone know what the total amount you are allowed to loose is?

Can someone do a comprehensive list of out in comings and out goings over the last few seasons?

I hate to be a grammar Nazi but........:)

hahaha 1-1 you cheeky bast!

Can we join forces to purge the forum of the words to and of, where too and have should be used?

Every team has to buy promotion just like other teams buy the premiership. The money still has to be invested properly and the team still has to function. Strachan proved its not all about throwing cash around.

Can someone do a comprehensive list of out in comings and out goings over the last few seasons?

I hate to be a grammar Nazi but........:)

hahaha 1-1 you cheeky bast!

Can we join forces to purge the forum of the words to and of, where too and have should be used?

Only if we wear matching capes and have a theme song.

Nugent is on a much higher wage, though.

I know this is going to come across really grammar Nazi of me, but why do you put a comma after wage?

I've got no idea, Stream of consciousness I guess. I'm always happy to see grammar corrected though. :)

There should be a comma after "corrected", although I suspect you know that already. :D

May I have a cape, too?