oneBoro Forum

January 2016 Transfer Window

FFS why cant we sell Nugent and keep Kike

Because Nugent is quite clearly the better player.

Either player will be a backup to Rhodes, Nugent will be on much higher wages too.

Plus despite playing alot more games  than Kike he only has one more goal. Hardly the better player.

Neither player is great tbh but Kike is surely the better option for a backup striker

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Nugent is the better option. English striker, been playing in the Football League much longer, runs defenders all over the place.

I'd imagine Kike Sola can do the role Kike Garcia does. Sounds quite physical, hopefully holds the ball up well. Maybe won't work as hard as Kike Garcia but if we have to sell, we have to sell.

That Amorebieta goal away to Brentford was one of the greatest moments watching Boro. Despite that I'm glad he's gone back though as you could see he always had a mistake in him. That short back pass against Rotherham pretty much sums him up. Even against Forest I thought he could have assessed the danger of Ward on he edge of the area and closed him down before he got his shot off. I may be being a bit too harsh thou. He'll be remembered fondly by me, sort of like Maccarone for his moments, but he won't be missed, especially now that Baptise is back from injury and we've signed De Laet.

Always been a fan of Rhodes, the video of his goals this season really suprised me though, didn't realise how many headers he scores!

not seen that, been looking. stick a link on please bud.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/middlesbrough/10150177/rhodes-goals-this-season-so-far

cheers, proper poacher isnt he. cant see him not scoring loads for us. imagine if we dont score now. with his goals record all the blame will be put on downing adomah and co during the meltdowns lol

Always been a fan of Rhodes, the video of his goals this season really suprised me though, didn't realise how many headers he scores!

not seen that, been looking. stick a link on please bud.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/middlesbrough/10150177/rhodes-goals-this-season-so-far

cheers, proper poacher isnt he. cant see him not scoring loads for us. imagine if we dont score now. with his goals record all the blame will be put on downing adomah and co during the meltdowns lol

If we get balls in the box he will score. It's that simple.

What a ducking day this has been, in fact a what a month! My first ever transfer thread has certainly lived up to expectation :D

I'm absolutely amazed.. Today has been phenomenal.. This transfer window has been the best ever

I am extremely happy :)

What a ducking day this has been, in fact a what a month! My first ever transfer thread has certainly lived up to expectation :D

I'm absolutely amazed.. Today has been phenomenal.. This transfer window has been the best ever

I am extremely happy :)

Jesus christ guys NB is happy. Are the pigs flying yet?

;)

That Amorebieta goal away to Brentford was one of the greatest moments watching Boro. Despite that I'm glad he's gone back though as you could see he always had a mistake in him. That short back pass against Rotherham pretty much sums him up. Even against Forest I thought he could have assessed the danger of Ward on he edge of the area and closed him down before he got his shot off. I may be being a bit too harsh thou. He'll be remembered fondly by me, sort of like Maccarone for his moments, but he won't be missed, especially now that Baptise is back from injury and we've signed De Laet.

There was a point last season where he was keeping Gibson out of the team and looked like he could be a good solid player for us. However the last few games his performances have been shocking, its no coincidence that it has coincided with our poor run these last few weeks.

But its all forgiven for that goal at Brentford, never known celebrations like it in an away end :D