oneBoro Forum

January 2016 Transfer Window

Now that the dust has settled, I hope some of our more reactionary types will go back to mid afternoon Sunday and read over what they wrote and feel a little ashamed. Likewise with the guy on facebook who said 'Gibson has gone from one of the best chairmen in the country to one of the worst'. The difference is, I think the guys on here still have a chance...that lad is beyond help.

I don't think anyone on here need to check back over what they said. Yes some people react differently to certain types of news, but I wouldn't have it any other way. When the original deal fell through I saw a lot of support for Gibbo for being strong. All the 'Typical Boro' remarks seem to be directed at the whole situation and not the club or hierarchy.

It what makes the oneBoro family brilliant. We have the watchful eye of mum, a couple of grumpy uncles and a few excitable kids but all add value to the forum.

(I'll let you decide which posters fit which roles ;))

Can I be the grumpy uncle please

Can I be the drunken Aunt?

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Very much enjoyed being a part - albeit fleetingly - of the thread folks.

See you in August [or possibly on the loan thread].

+1's welcome given that dxmage is negative repping for some reason :D

He neg repped me and dell_zincht too. Think he has an issue with people with more knowledge than him :D

I agree to above, really enjoyed the thread over the weekend. Yes people were a bit over the top, but that's the whole point of a football forum, lots of differing views. Viva One Boro!

So in conclusion:

Ramirez > Fabbrini

De Laet > Amorebieta

Rhodes > any striker we have

De Sart = good cover and not a loan

All in all an awesome window. Thanks to PP, theinsider, KM etc for providing info and entertainment!

Huge pressure on Karanka now, no excuses to not get promotion.

And final word of thanks to Sir Steve Gibson, without a doubt the best chairman we could wish to have, he deserves to have 30k+ every week from now on after how he has backed the club yet again

Exciting times to be a Boro fan!

The majority of comments seem to be that he's a good player and they're sad to see him go. One commenter considers him a little too lightweight. They all wish him well and expect his value to rise if we get to the premier league.

Does anyone speak French? Quite a few comments on this article regarding de Sart. Could give an indication of the players ability?

http://www.dhnet.be/sports/football/division1/standard/julien-de-sart-transfere-a-middlesbrough-56af55b13570fdebf5a557a8

Un cadeau pour toi, de m. Bing

StandardLe median rouché will engage for three seasons and a half with one of the Favorites to the rise in first League.

While it is not in the small papers of Yannick Ferrera, Julien de Sart seek to leave the Standard for bounce in another Championship. We learned from a good source that the young midfielder was about to join England and Middlesbrough, which evolves into Championnship (English D2). Currently 2nd Championship, Boro has only a point behind on Hull City, leader, and a match less. Everything seems so assembled to see the... Red and white quickly find the Premier League. With Julian SART, therefore, which will pass his medical this afternoon and commit for three years and a half in the wake

The majority of comments seem to be that he's a good player and they're sad to see him go. One commenter considers him a little too lightweight. They all wish him well and expect his value to rise if we get to the premier league.

Thanks Jen. Nice to hear that he is rated with his former supporters and at only 21 a lot of players look a bit lightweight. Hopefully he makes up for that with passion, workrate and intelligence.

All those players mentioned either lack experience at centre half or are on their way back from injury. I wouldn't like to rely on one of them for the rest of the season if Ayala/Gibson picked up a bad injury. Minor query really because we've done some great business this window, on paper at least.

I'll be very happy when this thread closes!

Amazing to get Rhodes but wish we could have got a winger in aswell.

Talk about being impossible to please

I didn't want to say anything! Sign a winger to sit on the bench behind Downing and Adomah, the best two wingers in the league?!

Always surprises me how highly other teams fans rate Albert Adomah. Sometimes you don't know what you've got until its gone...

Very much enjoyed being a part - albeit fleetingly - of the thread folks.

See you in August [or possibly on the loan thread].

+1's welcome given that dxmage is negative repping for some reason :D

I was crucified when i mentioned the rep system when i first joined :S

Thanks Jen. Nice to hear that he is rated with his former supporters and at only 21 a lot of players look a bit lightweight. Hopefully he makes up for that with passion, workrate and intelligence.

The main theme seems to be that he's very composed on the ball and moves it well. I'd expect him to be a little lightweight at 21 and that's something the fitness coaches can work on.