oneBoro Forum

January 2016 Transfer Window

Hopefully De Downing will slip the ball through to De Rhodes for him to score.

I swear to god if he doesn't score a hat trick this weekend it will be the biggest anti climax ever :P

I hope he goes straight into the team, could be the spark we need to get things moving on the pitch again. Still can't believe we've signed him.

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way this might be relevant with regards to our new lad De Sart: http://www.lavenir.net/cnt/dmf20160201_00773542?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=socialSP&utm_content=article&utm_campaign=seeding

If you translate at the bottom it mentions that the fee is expected to be around £1 million, it's the first I've seen mentioned of it. Sounds like a good piece of business, reading into things he has been an integral player of the side, then was injured and Standard went under 3 different coaches in quick succession, the 3rd of which had a fallout with him and made him train with the reserve teams earlier this month.

He's highly rated and seen as a player with very good potential, we might have gotten him at a bit of a snip due to him falling out with the manager. His stats are pretty impressive too for a defensive midfielder, 3 goals and 7 assists in 47 games in the Belgian top flight. As mentioned with his injuries his gametime has been limited, 7 starts and 5 sub appearances in their league this season.

Also he has twitter as well, already changed his banner picture to him at the boro, good lad ;)

I like that the fourth CM spot is finally filled by a player who isn't just a wasted loan. Veljkovic, Stephens, Zuculini may have all been great players, but were just never going to dislodge Aitor's main two. I always thought that the other backup spot alongside Forshaw should be either an experienced head (as Whitehead was last season) or a young prospect, but not one who was on loan from a Prem team, as they'd be kicking up a fuss over lack of minutes. So this signing could prove to be a very good one, particularly as fixtures and bookings stack up.

That was an interesting transfer window Rhodes On/Off/On. To buy the most consistent striker in this division, we now need to utilise him and not leave him isolated. I work with a few Huddesfield fans who think that if we get promoted then they are due £2million from the Rhodes deal and another £1million from the Clayton deal. Anyone else hear about this?

On the MFC website it says tickets for Leeds nearly sold out, I could not make the original Saturday fixture but due to it being played on Monday 15th Feb I'm off. I've bought a ticket, they are priced £37 plus a £2.50 booking fee.

What a rip off!!!!!