oneBoro Forum

January 2016 Transfer Window

He'll get £60k a week from a premiership team and a chunk of that as a signing on fee.

I imagine we'd offer something similar to the downing deal, and he'd probably only take £1m or so from QPR for selling him.

Funny old game isn't it. Many are commending him for 'not rocking the boat' etc by handing a transfer request in in the summer. There's a reason for that. The second he does that, he's not due a percentage of his remaining contract from QPR. If they decide to cash in, then he is.

Not the kind of player I want in our dressing room at this stage. Especially with his injury record.

A bit harsh. If you were going to get an extra couple of million by waiting 6 months would you not wait it out? I hate when fans berate players for being greedy and question their attitude because of it. Yes footballers earn an obscene amount of money but like any career, you try to make as much money out of it as possible. He has no connection to Middlesbrough so why would he decide to lose out on millions just to move here. Don't question his attitude because of it.

At the end of the day, he's a fantastic striker, too good for this division and if we signed him it would be an unbelievable signing for us right now!

When your career ends usually in the mid 30s(ish) I'd be surprised if he didn't try to make as much money as possible.

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

He'll get £60k a week from a premiership team and a chunk of that as a signing on fee.

I imagine we'd offer something similar to the downing deal, and he'd probably only take £1m or so from QPR for selling him.

Funny old game isn't it. Many are commending him for 'not rocking the boat' etc by handing a transfer request in in the summer. There's a reason for that. The second he does that, he's not due a percentage of his remaining contract from QPR. If they decide to cash in, then he is.

Not the kind of player I want in our dressing room at this stage. Especially with his injury record.

A bit harsh. If you were going to get an extra couple of million by waiting 6 months would you not wait it out? I hate when fans berate players for being greedy and question their attitude because of it. Yes footballers earn an obscene amount of money but like any career, you try to make as much money out of it as possible. He has no connection to Middlesbrough so why would he decide to lose out on millions just to move here. Don't question his attitude because of it.

At the end of the day, he's a fantastic striker, too good for this division and if we signed him it would be an unbelievable signing for us right now!

Fair point well presented.

I still don't want him because of his injury record.

With you on his injury record, pretty certain he's got some ongoing chronic knee issue which is why he's out half the time.

Could be needing a centre back very soon if there is a reason for Gibbos absence from tonight's squad! Not sure if it's just me but I don't really have the same confidence in Amorebieta

With you on his injury record, pretty certain he's got some ongoing chronic knee issue which is why he's out half the time.

There was that whole row he had with the West Ham chairman who claimed Austin had no ligaments left in his knee or something, which Austin went ballistic over, calling it an outrageous slur. Austin also said he considered quitting football after failing a medical to move to Hull. It seems fairly clear he has had problems, whether those are continuing problems is another matter, but might be part of why no one scooped him up straight away when QPR went down.

I think it's very fair and reasonable to question his attitude especially from a playing perspective. If I know a player is happy sat about on the bench earning thousands then he's not someone who I want in my team.

I want people who come here to play and buy into our chances of promotion. Its clear his drive is not success, if it was he would be in the premier league right now putting a shift in week in week out trying to force him into a first choice PL starting line up. I'm sure if he had enough drive he could have forced a move by now.

He wouldn't suit our determination so nah. Not for me thanks.

However from a business perspective I can't fault him. Just me who likes our players to put as many points on the board rather than praise their ability to build their bank balance?

If it's true I can understand the logic. In the summer the majority of that transfer fee goes straight in his pocket, not QPR's.

At the moment, only a percentage of it will given he's not asked for a transfer.

He's a pretty clever lad, clearly.

Yeh the promise of millions of pounds clears the mind

There was that whole row he had with the West Ham chairman who claimed Austin had no ligaments left in his knee or something, which Austin went ballistic over, calling it an outrageous slur. Austin also said he considered quitting football after failing a medical to move to Hull. It seems fairly clear he has had problems, whether those are continuing problems is another matter, but might be part of why no one scooped him up straight away when QPR went down.

Fair enough, West Ham's chairman chats *** about everything to save his own face.