• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

So what you're saying Kev is that this potential new guy is nearly 30, injury prone and he doesn't score many goals? Yay!! ;)

yes but hes incredibly handsome, its part of gibsons long term plan to increase female support. :D :D

for you RR

I think it said a lot that Kike first wasn't starting and secondly didn't come on tonight. With Nugent starting in the cup on Saturday and Kike doing well in his run of games he got while Nugent was suspended I expected AK to keep faith with Kike. Also I find AK usually likes to change the top man after around 70 minutes, especially when we have a slender lead, to freshen things up and make sure the front man keeps working hard and pressurising the defence right up until the end. I may be over analysing it, but I think Kike might be on his way.

I agree that it was telling Kike didn't play at all tonight. I think Kike would of started in this particular game but he didn't. Wasn't involved at all, IMO that is a indication he is as good as sold.

Cant really see why we are signing him tbh, his goal record isnt great and it could take him months to get up to speed with the English game.

We need another CM and CB, problem is that any potential player we bring in will be back up so are we really going to attract a top player to sit on our bench, heard Pritchard being talked about, no way would he come here knowing that he will get the odd sub appearance. Is Williams at Charlton for a month or the whole season? He could end up doing a good job at covering CB/CM.

What does this mean for the RM deal though, were we actually in for him at all. Think this proves that people claiming to be itk really dont have any information at all

I really hope (and believe) that Kike Sola is to come in to be third choice. I think most of us felt we were a little short up front with just Kike and Nugent. So maybe our Kike wasn't happy being third choice and also we see it as a way of making £2/3 million by selling our Kike and loaning the new Kike, to then spend on our first choice striker/left winger. That's the way I hope it works out anyway. I really don't see Gibbo/AK risking the rest of the season with just Nugent and an untried and untested striker for the rest of the season when we are in such a good position. Unless we really are struggling for cash or we need the cash to meet the requirements of the FFP.

With regards to Rhys, we really need him to get a good run out at Charlton over the next month (tonight's 5-0 loss won't help) because as you say his versatility could be vital for the remainder of the season. As you say, it will be very difficult to bring players in for CB and CM knowing that they are going to be 4th choice so the fact Rhys can cover CB, CM and RB could come in really useful if he can keep himself fit and back to somewhere near the level he was playing at before all his injuries.

I'm going to miss the original Kike :(

My guess is we are signing Kike to replace Kike as a back up player... Our star signing will arrive soon :)

Yep I think something big is brewing...I think this spells the end of any move for Bamford. The original Kike will leave. And as you say our star signing will arrive soon. What a time to be a Boro fan!

My guess is we are signing Kike to replace Kike as a back up player... Our star signing will arrive soon :)

Yep I think something big is brewing...I think this spells the end of any move for Bamford. The original Kike will leave. And as you say our star signing will arrive soon. What a time to be a Boro fan!

I really disliked Kike at the start but he has won me over recently, I don't want him to go :(

I really disliked Kike at the start but he has won me over recently, I don't want him to go :(

Me neither. I think we should retire the Kike chant in his honour should he depart as only he is worthy of it. The new Kike will have to earn the right and then seek the original Kike's permission for the chant to be used for him. :D

Was impressed with this until about 1:25 in :D

And that's in a video meant to impress the fans?  :D :-/

It was the same with stuani, finding proper highlights and goal compilatons from the middling/bottom spanish teams is tough. they only get on tv vs barca and real and usually get tonked.

looking at his games for osasuna on this page. hes a decent player to get in i reckon. its hard to get quality in our league while trying to balance ffp. 

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/kike-sola/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/51532/plus/0?saison=&verein=331&liga=&wettbewerb=ES1&pos=&trainer_id=

Me neither. I think we should retire the Kike chant in his honour should he depart as only he is worthy of it. The new Kike will have to earn the right and then seek the original Kike's permission for the chant to be used for him. :D

If we sign the Kike song for the new Kike I will support a different club