• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just realised Brighton signed Anthony Knockaert last week. I will be interested to see how he gets on as I thought he looked a very good little player the year Leicester got promoted. I dare say he could have done a job in our LW position although from what I remember of him he was better with the ball than without it which wouldn't have went down well with AK.

I've just realised Brighton signed Anthony Knockaert last week. I will be interested to see how he gets on as I thought he looked a very good little player the year Leicester got promoted. I dare say he could have done a job in our LW position although from what I remember of him he was better with the ball than without it which wouldn't have went down well with AK.

Imo, He was Leicester's star player when they got promoted & I wanted us to sign him last season.. I would of liked us to of signed him this season too.

Imo, He was Leicester's star player when they got promoted & I wanted us to sign him last season.. I would of liked us to of signed him this season too.

I had actually completely forgotten about him until I was looking at Brighton's line up today and noticed his name. Very surprised to see him back at this level as I thought he was a real talent. £2.5 million too... That could turn out to be a real bargain.

I'm going to miss the original Kike :(

My guess is we are signing Kike to replace Kike as a back up player... Our star signing will arrive soon :)

Yep I think something big is brewing...I think this spells the end of any move for Bamford. The original Kike will leave. And as you say our star signing will arrive soon. What a time to be a Boro fan!

I really disliked Kike at the start but he has won me over recently, I don't want him to go :(

Me neither. I think we should retire the Kike chant in his honour should he depart as only he is worthy of it. The new Kike will have to earn the right and then seek the original Kike's permission for the chant to be used for him. :D

I agree and should he return then we give him his song and applause on the touch line :D

So Alan Judge got a bit cosy with some of the boro players after the game. Can anyone tell me what position he plays and what type of player he is? I know he has a good dead ball delivery on him for a start but haven't seen much of him other than our games.

He's been playing LW this season. Not sure if that's his natural position, but he plays there at the moment and Brentford use the same formation as us.

So Alan Judge got a bit cosy with some of the boro players after the game. Can anyone tell me what position he plays and what type of player he is? I know he has a good dead ball delivery on him for a start but haven't seen much of him other than our games.

I actually have a few mates that know him from school (they refer to him as Judgey - not sure if that means they know him well enough to text and find out if he is signing for Boro but I'll see what I can do). I remember him being very highly rated when he was a youngster at Blackburn and it was thought that he would go on to become one of the Republic's best players. For whatever reason he has never really hit the heights expected of him but at Brentford he seems to be finally fulfilling some of the potential he promised as a youngster.

I think his main attribute is his technique. He has really good technique when striking the ball whether that is crossing, hitting free kicks or shooting at goal. He is also very tidy on the ball. He probably lacks a bit of pace for a winger but one of the reasons I can see this happening is that he is a worker and also gets a lot of goals and assists from that left wing area. I think he got 13 assists last season (2nd most in the league behind Matt Ritchie) and has 10 goals this season. And I think he's been playing left wing for them most of the last 2 seasons. But I'm pretty sure he could play any of the 3 positions behind the front man if needed.

I like the look of that kike sola, he looks very similar to stuani and don't forget he's played most of his career in la liga. Also don't forget stuani had a miserable looking goal record aswell apart from that 1 season. I still think we will get a more proven option but wouldn't right this guy off as a knacker just yet.

Just watched a video of judge aswell, he runs brentfords attacks and this season has a 1 in 2 goal record which for a midfielder is excellent. His touch, passing range and decision making look excellent and his vision is amazing he seems to see everything. Looking at how he played he will come in and slot straight into the left sided position.

I actually have a few mates that know him from school (they refer to him as Judgey - not sure if that means they know him well enough to text and find out if he is signing for Boro but I'll see what I can do). I remember him being very highly rated when he was a youngster at Blackburn and it was thought that he would go on to become one of the Republic's best players. For whatever reason he has never really hit the heights expected of him but at Brentford he seems to be finally fulfilling some of the potential he promised as a youngster.

I think his main attribute is his technique. He has really good technique when striking the ball whether that is crossing, hitting free kicks or shooting at goal. He is also very tidy on the ball. He probably lacks a bit of pace for a winger but one of the reasons I can see this happening is that he is a worker and also gets a lot of goals and assists from that left wing area. I think he got 13 assists last season (2nd most in the league behind Matt Ritchie) and has 10 goals this season. And I think he's been playing left wing for them most of the last 2 seasons. But I'm pretty sure he could play any of the 3 positions behind the front man if needed.

I've just noticed that Judge also has the joint most assists in the league this season with 7. So he has contributed to 17 goals this season already having scored 10 and assisted 7. That is the third most in the league, behind only Andre Gray with 21 (16 goals, 5 assists) and, guess who, Ross McCormack with 20 (14 goals, 6 assists).

Oh and one other interesting fact about Judge is that his nickname is 'the Irish Messi'

Ah Damn lies and statistics as my old gran would have said.

Modern day football is a little sullied by easy access to player stats and records available at the stroke of a mouse.

Sometimes l yearn for the old days when fans would get excited at the sudden announcement of the imminent arrival of a mysterious foreigner who, despite no one knowing much about him, raised the expectations of the fans and very often met those expectations, rather than being derided as a disappointment before they have even kicked a ball.

Would the likes of Bosco Jancovic, Heine Otto or Uncle Festa ever been welcomed into the club by today's football fan? How would today's net savvy transfernought react to the underwhelming news that we were about to bolster our defence with two men with terrible disciplinary records and no international pedigree? Pogatez and Quedrue would be considered mundane additions, squad players at best, prompting prolonged online debate about disciplinary problems, not being the managers first choice and shouldn't we have signed Distin instead?

I know that there is no going back, but I do miss those more innocent times, times when we would dream that our new signings might be world beaters, unpolished diamonds that we're going to become club legends. Let's hope that whoever we sign, they are given a chance to start with a clean slate, that their stats are left at their previous club and that in a rather old fashioned way, we have faith in Aitor and Gibbo's choices.

In AK we trust.

Just had a quick look at Kike Sola.

He averages a goal every 268 minutes (3 games) in La Liga. Very good strike rate considering he's never really been a regular.

Downside is he's very injury prone