oneBoro Forum

January 2016 Transfer Window

I just can't see Fulham wanting to let RM go.

Wanting to let him go and having to let him go are 2 different matters.

They have to sell to get out of their embargo, they're a struggling side, sell RM and they'll be out of the embargo and can try to improve from there

Fulham's board will need to sell him reasonably quickly then, the embargo isn't suddenly lifted overnight, they'll need to prove they are financially stable before they are able to recruit more players.

Fulham would be playing a dangerous game if they took this one to the wire.

Definitely, I would imagine that if they intend to sell they are already preparing there case and once he's gone it will then get seen to. 

They would also be able to deal in the loan window

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone start a new thread about U21s/loans if you want to discuss it? This one has been derailed enough as it is.

I was going the say the same thing. It's time we go this thread back to its former glory. Transfer related posts only! I reckon we're in for a very exciting transfer window finale...

And just as I post Blackburn confirm DG. Queue the JR speculation...

One of the most satisfying moments in football for me is seeing our club produce local talent. I have no shame admitting how jealous I am that Newcastle managed to get a striker like Shearer and would love us to nurture a goalscorer like that. If our youths (not just Chapman) are at the level where they can provide bench cover I would rather see them loaned out to League 1 or Championship teams to get more game time until they are ready to start and rotate rather than make up the numbers.

Is Chapman any good then? Saw in his interview he likened his style to Reach. Hes good on my FM 15 game which is good enough for me

Oh yeah sorry, errrr, we're rumoured to be buying someone, we may be loaning a few guys and 'newspapers may or may not deal in speculation' shock.

Shearer didnt graduate from the Newcastle academy though tbf, he went to Southampton and Blackburn before he signed for them, its like if Woodgate was deemed our best ever player, we cant claim we produced him from our Academy if he signed for us after Leeds/Newcastle.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2016/01/ross-mccormack-replaceable/

Very interesting article about McCormack from a Fulham fan. Most interesting point for me is that he thinks McCormack isn't effective as a lone striker or left winger which is where I'm guessing most people on here would have him if he signed.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/middlesbrough-fc-getting-most-out-10757704

Another interesting article that I read this morning. I know it's hard to question AK's decision to have Stuani on the RW considering he's scored quite a few from that position. But how many would he have if he was playing up top. Is it conceivable that he would be up there with Abel Hernandez? Even in the RW role, Stuani does his best work in the box. He doesn't really offer much else in that role and can go through games being very quiet. With his work rate, physical edge and goalscoring instinct I think he is perfect for our #9 role and with Nugent and Kike struggling I think we should be trying him out there.

If we were to sign McCormack, I think my personal preference for a line up would be...

-----------------------Stuani---------------------

Downing-------McCormack------Adomah

To me that is everyone playing in their best positions, round pegs in round holes as it were. Although I don't think AK has any intention of playing that way and is more likely to go with...

------------------------Nugent-----------------------

McCormack-------Downing-----------Stuani

I saw Shearer make his debut for Southampton, he was definitely a product of their youth system, arguably one of the best in the country.

Shearer had a trial at Newcastle before going to Southampton, the story goes that, during the trial games the teams were short on Goalies and Shearer ended up playing in Goal.

I bet Stuani wishes these Boro fans would have been along years ago, so as the Urugyuan international with substantial La Liga experience could be told to play as a number 9, he could have carved out quite the career for himself! ;-)

Strange comment considering he played most of his football, pre Boro, as a striker not right wing!?

I bet Stuani wishes these Boro fans would have been along years ago, so as the Urugyuan international with substantial La Liga experience could be told to play as a number 9, he could have carved out quite the career for himself! ;-)

Strange comment considering he played most of his football, pre Boro, as a striker not right wing!?

Oh calm down sweetheart, it was a joke.

By the way, I really hope we don't sign Rhodes.

If we are to sign Rhodes I can see us bringing in a LW as well, if it's McCormack a LW is less likely as RM can fill in at LW if need be.

Moose tweeted this morning Rhodes is most likely to leave for Boro. Has he heard something? He hinted at Tomlin's departure in the summer which eventually happened.

But I've got a feeling we MAY sign more than 1 big money signing. But that's probably me going slightly insane.

And I wonder whether Steve Evans will try to bring back the Lee Tomlin/Kike partnership at Leeds... :D