oneBoro Forum

January 2016 Transfer Window

By the way, I really hope we don't sign Rhodes.

If we are to sign Rhodes I can see us bringing in a LW as well, if it's McCormack a LW is less likely as RM can fill in at LW if need be.

Moose tweeted this morning Rhodes is most likely to leave for Boro. Has he heard something? He hinted at Tomlin's departure in the summer which eventually happened.

But I've got a feeling we MAY sign more than 1 big money signing. But that's probably me going slightly insane.

And I wonder whether Steve Evans will try to bring back the Lee Tomlin/Kike partnership at Leeds... :D

I like your optimism but I'll be surprised if we get one big signing, never mind two.

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

If we are to sign Rhodes I can see us bringing in a LW as well, if it's McCormack a LW is less likely as RM can fill in at LW if need be.

Moose tweeted this morning Rhodes is most likely to leave for Boro. Has he heard something? He hinted at Tomlin's departure in the summer which eventually happened.

But I've got a feeling we MAY sign more than 1 big money signing. But that's probably me going slightly insane.

And I wonder whether Steve Evans will try to bring back the Lee Tomlin/Kike partnership at Leeds... :D

I like your optimism but I'll be surprised if we get one big signing, never mind two.

If we were to sign 2 big money forwards and get promoted, KM. Would you then expect the club to buy even more forwards in the summer, or would that be it?

If we were to sign 2 big money forwards and get promoted, KM. Would you then expect the club to buy even more forwards in the summer, or would that be it?

It depends if AK thinks they'll be able to cut it in Prem. If he doesn't think so, I expect the club to back him further in the transfer market. But I believe any "big money" signing we make this window, the club will have thoroughly thought it through as to whether they believe the signing will be able to cut it in the Prem.

What do you think? Could McCormack/Rhodes cut it in Prem?

KM, having watched a fair bit of Premier League football and seen Rhodes and McCormack play, I have to say that I do not believe that either would cut it in the higher league, they are just too slow and would not get the space. The two who I did think would make the step up were Ighalo and Wilson, one certainly has and the jury is out on the other until his injury is over.

KM, having watched a fair bit of Premier League football and seen Rhodes and McCormack play, I have to say that I do not believe that either would cut it in the higher league, they are just too slow and would not get the space. The two who I did think would make the step up were Ighalo and Wilson, one certainly has and the jury is out on the other until his injury is over.

Charlie Austin is hardly the quickest in the world and he bagged a few. Loads of strikers who aren't fast have done okay in the Premier League. Yakubu anyone?

It depends if AK thinks they'll be able to cut it in Prem. If he doesn't think so, I expect the club to back him further in the transfer market. But I believe any "big money" signing we make this window, the club will have thoroughly thought it through as to whether they believe the signing will be able to cut it in the Prem.

What do you think? Could McCormack/Rhodes cut it in Prem?

I'm really not sure, and that's what's troubling me a little bit. On the one hand, no premier league team has tried to sign them, but on the other hand, who would have thought that Vardy or Deeney would be so effective?

Charlie Austin is hardly the quickest in the world and he bagged a few. Loads of strikers who aren't fast have done okay in the Premier League. Yakubu anyone?

Fair point but I think Austin is a better player than either JR or RM, much more movement in the box and better with his head.Somebody made the point on here that the top clubs have not exactly been climbing over each other to buy either of them, so perhaps they agree with my assessment. It will be interesting to see if Austin can now cut it for a second season in the Premier at Southampton, I have my doubts.

.@untypicalboro on McCormack. Interested? Yes. Bid? No gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football…

Back tracking now

Don't even bother mate. It'll only start another argument.

I think the past few seasons have shown a lot of unproven top level strikers have cut it to an extent. Lambert, Holt, Austin, Murray and Vardy to name a few. I think the reason for the lack of interest in the two is more to do with the amount both have been quoted. 12-14million for Rhodes and Fulham paid 11million for Mccormack. That is a considerable amount of money when foreigners who are of proven Champions League standard would cost not much more than that.

For me, that piece by Vickers is the clearest indicator yet that we're in for McCormack. It has identified that we're after him, so that the EG can point out that they had knowledge of the interest from an early point. I think its further along than they claim.

I think the past few seasons have shown a lot of unproven top level strikers have cut it to an extent. Lambert, Holt, Austin, Murray and Vardy to name a few.  I think the reason for the lack of interest in the two is more to do with the amount both have been quoted. 12-14million for Rhodes and Fulham paid 11million for Mccormack. That is a considerable amount of money when foreigners who are of proven Champions League standard would cost not much more than that.

Another very valid point Smog, if the fees being quoted had been nearer their true worth of probably half those amounts then I am sure some of the top teams would have taken a punt on them.