oneBoro Forum

January 2016 Transfer Window

Really interesting what's going on this transfer window... I am delighted with Ramirez and happy with Rhodes and I think Pritchard would be a really good signing if we can persuade him.

Interestingly most of my friends (who support premier league sides) are a little bemused by this transfer, they nearly all say we are spending up to 11m on a striker that will be a flop in the premier league (in their opinion we will get promoted with or without Rhodes). They argue that other than passing interest from Swansea - who took on Emnes, no premier league side has shown an interest for good reason - he's a Championship player.

What do you guys think of this opinion?

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Really interesting what's going on this transfer window... I am delighted with Ramirez and happy with Rhodes and I think Pritchard would be a really good signing if we can persuade him.

Interestingly most of my friends (who support premier league sides) are a little bemused by this transfer, they nearly all say we are spending up to 11m on a striker that will be a flop in the premier league (in their opinion we will get promoted with or without Rhodes). They argue that other than passing interest from Swansea - who took on Emnes, no premier league side has shown an interest for good reason - he's a Championship player.

Hull tried to buy him the year they were in the Premier League I think, if that counts.

Hull tried to buy him the year they were in the Premier League I think, if that counts.

Just this year No one took interest in igholo, Wilson or Deeney. People took an interest in gestete and look how that's turned out.

In addition to this do your friends know where Kane (yes I know he is Spurs academy but they wanted him out 2 years ago because he wasn't performing amazing at Lower league teams) and Vardy came from? John Walters? Andy Johnson? Ian Wright? The list goes on.

I'm not saying Rhodes will bang them in in the premier league, but interest from the prem means nothing

How long do you think Rhodes's contract will be?.. Hopefully 4.5 years.

Why are you hopeful of 4.5 year contract NB?

I don't think 3.5 years is long enough for a big signing.

The longer the contract, the less the cost charged against FFP each year

I agree with them. But if he garuantees promotion he's worth every penny

How long do you think Rhodes's contract will be?.. Hopefully 4.5 years.

Why are you hopeful of 4.5 year contract NB?

I don't think 3.5 years is long enough for a big signing.

My guess would be that it'll be 3.5 years with a year option at our discretion.

why though? The guy is like..a pure goalscorer. Surely that's the one kind of player that will transition to the PL provided you can provide him the chances?

why though? The guy is like..a pure goalscorer. Surely that's the one kind of player that will transition to the PL provided you can provide him the chances?

Don't get me wrong I'd love to get promoted with Rhodes banging in the goals... just thought I'd share that not everyone thinks this is "a statement of intent". Does Rhodes usually start/play for Scotland? Any idea of his record?

Don't get me wrong I'd love to get promoted with Rhodes banging in the goals... just thought I'd share that not everyone thinks this is "a statement of intent". Does Rhodes usually start/play for Scotland? Any idea of his record?

Strachan doesn't play him... because he doesn't think he fits a 4231 formation

I've never thought he would make the step up so I guess I can't be two faced now and change my mind

I just think he doesn't offer enough skill wise to be a sucess in the prem

Strachan doesn't play him... because he doesn't think he fits a 4231 formation

I'd take Strachan's opinion on the quality of players with a pinch of salt mind  ;)

so Tottenham signing Moussa Dembele from Fulham ..and theyve aready got a Moussa Dembele in the first team squad..

just a  little insignificant thought to this forum but how do they go about the shirt names .

One of them is Mousa Dembele, and the other is Moussa Dembele.... So I guess the answer is that they could just have the Mousa bit.

Cheers.