• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

we used ross as a smokescreen to get rhodes done. it gave us a better bargaining position. he was our No1 target all summer, nothing changed. but you dont have all your eggs in the same basket like nugent in the summer and now Ross as backup. we've basically got our own back on ross for a few years ago in the process of getting in No1 target, Gibson is a genious.

Lol, people seriously believe this?

We were always in for RM.

We still are.

if we want ross and rhodes both to sign then kike and nugent must be on their way out. i doubt we'd do that with nugent, hes decent enough. RM to play in midfield with rhodes upfront? i'm not sure about that tbh. i think its one or the other and always was.

Bet Huddersfield will be buzzing if we get promoted, get 20% of blackburns profit on Rhodes which increases if we get promotion and no doubt there's a similar bonus in claytons contract. Could get over £3m just off the back of our promotion!

Also probably a stupid question but if husband plays for Huddersfield does that mean he won't be able to play for us since you can't play for more than 2 teams in a season? It sounds ridiculous just never really thought about it.

Also probably a stupid question but if husband plays for Huddersfield does that mean he won't be able to play for us since you can't play for more than 2 teams in a season? It sounds ridiculous just never really thought about it.

Don't know the exact rule but believe so-called emergency loans don't count.

I'd be really happy to shut the window right now (after Pritchard sneaks in :) can't see us getting McCormack now, and I don't really want him, we won't need him with our strength in depth now.

I'd really love Pritchard, but it gives so many selection headaches, which is usually a good thing for competition for places etc, but I just have a feeling it might have a detrimental affect on many in the squad. Nugent, Kike, Adomah would all be likely benchwarmers which none of them will like, along with Forshaw he might just be getting sick of it all now.

I'd be really happy to shut the window right now (after Pritchard sneaks in :) can't see us getting McCormack now, and I don't really want him, we won't need him with our strength in depth now.

I'd really love Pritchard, but it gives so many selection headaches, which is usually a good thing for competition for places etc, but I just have a feeling it might have a detrimental affect on many in the squad. Nugent, Kike, Adomah would all be likely benchwarmers which none of them will like, along with Forshaw he might just be getting sick of it all now.

The though of a nice wage increase and promotion bonus should keep them content for a few months at least :-)

I keep reading that the Rhodes deal came straight from Gibsons cash and not the clubs

Could this mean we are still in for McCormack through the clubs money to stay in line with ffp?

And any news on getting Husband back?

I keep reading that the Rhodes deal came straight from Gibsons cash and not the clubs

Could this mean we are still in for McCormack through the clubs money to stay in line with ffp?

I'm pretty sure that's not how FFP works as clubs will never break the rules as they'd just say it was the owners money and not the clubs.

They can be announced any time, won't have the paperwork sent to FA on a Sunday but nothing stopping him signing a contract today

Just watch, We won't of confirmed the Rhodes signing this time tomorrow & the club will drag it out throughout the day while this forum looses its mind ;)

I'm pretty sure that's not how FFP works as clubs will never break the rules as they'd just say it was the owners money and not the clubs.

You can't go around FFP like that. An owner is only permitted to put X amount of cash into the club per year and since third party ownership isn't allowed it has to be the club that buys the player. That's not to say that Gibson has put the maximum allowed amount of cash into the club to buy Rhodes, but it is still the club that's the buyer.

They can be announced any time, won't have the paperwork sent to FA on a Sunday but nothing stopping him signing a contract today

Just watch, We won't of confirmed the Rhodes signing this time tomorrow & the club will drag it out throughout the day while this forum looses its mind ;)

It's the boro way afterall :-)