• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you always need to bring in new players. There's always someone out there who can improve the team. Bamford for one...

Wed be in trouble if nugent got injured for any length of time. So i think we need a forward

I'd bring Reach back and tell Preston they can have De Pena instead. We can rely on Reach to do a job, i couldn't say with any confidence that we could rely on De Pena in the here and now. He needs to learn the league, so get him out somewhere else to cut his teeth.

We can rely on Reach to underwhelm, just like he did time and time again last season. Has Reach ever got two assists and made another goal in one match? It may have been in the cup but it was against a team in our league.

for the first time ever...I don't think we need to bring anyone in when the window opens....

Good teams always look to improve...we can't just rest on our laurels, we did that last season when we only brought in Forshaw and that probably cost us promotion. And remember under Mowbray when we only got Kieron Dyer on a free in January? That worked out well.

I'd bring Reach back and tell Preston they can have De Pena instead. We can rely on Reach to do a job, i couldn't say with any confidence that we could rely on De Pena in the here and now. He needs to learn the league, so get him out somewhere else to cut his teeth.

I'd like to see them both stay, we know what reach can offer and its a useful asset in some games.

De pena is still an unknown quantity for me so I wouldn't want to ship him out as that could shatter whatever confidence he has and stiffle his settling-in-ability. He's shown flashes of ability/skill so far but not enough for a proper assessment to be done on him.

As it stands that would leave us;

Lefties: depena, reach, + Downing

Middle: Fabrini, downing

Right: Adomah stuani

So for me, depending on AK's confidence in reach/de pena come january I'd possibly like another "10" as Fabrini is inconsistent and Downing has been deployed on the left at times. If AK's not convinced by reach then a leftie as well.

.... And bamford... :)

.... And a replacement for Adomah if he goes loopy again...

.... Ahhhh feck it lets just turf the lot and start again :)

Id still expect Bamford to go to another prem team if he leaves Palace. Id just like to see Husbands and Wildscut back to see how they are doing. More wingers and strikers pushes what we have out of the side (unless we see a few outgoings then id change my tune)

Bamford was an unused sub again tonight, He must be thinking he's made a big mistake... He's practically thrown half a season away.

Do you think we have already contacted him and are trying to persuade him to come back?.. We should be because he might be willing to drop back into the championship & if we don't try to sign him one of our rivals will do and if he signs for one of those that would be a big mistake on our part if we didn't try.

Do any of you think we have a better than decent chance of singing him?

Hopefully we do sign him but where would he play?.

-Bamford----Stuani----Downing--

-----------------Nugent--------------

That is premier league standard IMO.. Its crazy to think that could be a possible attacking line up in the championship :)

Bamford was an unused sub again tonight, He must be thinking he's made a big mistake... He's practically thrown half a season away.

Do you think we have already contacted him and are trying to persuade him to come back?.. We should be because he might be willing to drop back into the championship & if we don't try to sign him one of our rivals will do and if he signs for one of those that would be a big mistake on our part if we didn't try.

That is premier league standard IMO.. Its crazy to think that could be a possible attacking line up in the championship :)

That would be awesome but swap downing and stuani ;)

Just imagine the calibre of players AK will be able to attract if/when we get promoted..

Just imagine the calibre of players AK will be able to attract if/when we get promoted..

If we get promoted I think we would make a signing that makes other fans & the pundits think.. How the F have they signed him.

I'm not sure if I have said it on hear but if AK does get us promoted I think he would find it easier to keep us in the premier league than it took him to get us there.

As it stands I think we ate 1 top signing away from promotion, That's not to say our current squad won't get us promoted. I would like two signings....

Bamford & Pritchard :)

Isn't Pritchard injured. Sure I read somewhere he's out for the year :s

If we get promoted I think we would make a signing that makes other fans & the pundits think.. How the F have they signed him.

I'm not sure if I have said it on hear but if AK does get us promoted I think he would find it easier to keep us in the premier league than it took him to get us there.

Ye and we might finally get to benefit from our links with Atletico Madrid and some Seria A teams. AK said a while bs k there are some players he wants but they'll only come if we go up. Wonder who? Think we'll definitely make people sit up and take notice should we go up.

Id still expect Bamford to go to another prem team if he leaves Palace.

I reckon bamford could see us as one of his best chances of Premier league football to be honest. You would imagine he'd feel a bit stung by the amount of gametime he's getting at palace. He may think the same will happen at any other lower-middle prem club who would want him. Then he looks at us... flying high. Reasonable chance of getting in the prem next year. He would know if he got loaned or sold to us ìn the prem he'd have a decent shot at gametime.

Id still expect Bamford to go to another prem team if he leaves Palace.

I reckon bamford could see us as one of his best chances of Premier league football to be honest. You would imagine he'd feel a bit stung by the amount of gametime he's getting at palace. He may think the same will happen at any other lower-middle prem club who would want him. Then he looks at us... flying high. Reasonable chance of getting in the prem next year. He would know if he got loaned or sold to us ìn the prem he'd have a decent shot at gametime.

This. We're probably his best chance for premier league football (more than the odd cameo here and there) unless of course he decides to join Brighton which I can understand because they're such a big club, better fans, better stadium etc etc :P

As it stands I think we ate 1 top signing away from promotion, That's not to say our current squad won't get us promoted. I would like two signings....

Bamford & Pritchard :)

Isn't Pritchard injured. Sure I read somewhere he's out for the year :s

Don't know mate.. Last I knew is he was on the Spurs bench & then was out the frame.