oneBoro Forum

January 2016 Transfer Window

Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic has warned off interest in teenage striker Moussa Dembele.

The 19-year-old forward has been linked with Manchester United and Tottenham, but Jokanovic is keen to keep Dembele and strike partner Ross McCormack.

He said: “I am not thinking about selling my key players like McCormack or Moussa Dembele. I don’t plan for it and that’s it.

“This team need some fresh blood and we are thinking about some players who can help us in the future.”

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Stephens and Zuculini have gone back to Southampton and Man City respectively.

Muzzy and Wildshcut are now back at Boro.

Reach, Fewster and Brad Halliday have all extended their loans til the end of the season.

With both Stephens and Zuculini leaving surely we are getting another midfielder. Could be some truth in last nights Mowatt rumours, although he doesn't strike me as a defensive option

For me we've got to go out and spend on a player or two to guarantee us promotion, it's ours to lose atm, a big signing or two (rhodes, mcormack, bamford etc.) would secure it for us, the outlay of 10m now will be nothing if we were to get promoted.

BTW, Stubbzy says hi to everyone

Stephens and Zuculini have gone back to Southampton and Man City respectively.

Muzzy and Wildshcut are now back at Boro.

Reach, Fewster and Brad Halliday have all extended their loans til the end of the season.

We could do with another central midfielder now given that we only have Forshaw as back up. Think we might be doing more business than most of us expected. AK loves a reshuffle.

Don't expect Wildschut/Carayol to be in AK's plans so they'll soon be going back out on loan or even sold.

So what do we need to bring in?

ST

LF/LW

CM cover

CB cover

I think we only need a forward player that can also play on the left side ala Stuani and then some backup in midfield after the two loan players have left. I think we have enough in the defensive department with Rhys gaining some action at Charlton and Babtiste coming back soon. Kalas and Nando are both versatile and we still have Husband.

May surprise a few but I would not be surprised at all to see both Muzzy and Yanik involved in some way in the Burnley FA Cup squad, unless both players are loaned out sharpish.

With both of them back we have a very decent reserve, second string team in the making

For me we've got to go out and spend on a player or two to guarantee us promotion, it's ours to lose atm, a big signing or two (rhodes, mcormack, bamford etc.) would secure it for us, the outlay of 10m now will be nothing if we were to get promoted.

BTW, Stubbzy says hi to everyone

Thanks for that and tell him we need some potato references on the forum as Boro are currently sMASHing :D

Send him our regards please

And also Happy Birthday Calum!

ST

LF/LW

CM cover

CB cover

ST - Possibly, but would need to be the right player.

LF - Not a chance. Muzzy, Downing, Albert, de Pena and Wildschut can all play there.

CM - Probably yeah.

CB - With Baptiste and Rhys on the comeback trail, and Woody and Nando still around, I'd say unlikely. Unless its another CM who can fill in there.

ST

LF/LW

CM cover

CB cover

ST - Possibly, but would need to be the right player.

LF - Not a chance. Muzzy, Downing, Albert, de Pena and Wildschut can all play there.

CM - Probably yeah.

CB - With Baptiste and Rhys on the comeback trail, and Woody and Nando still around, I'd say unlikely. Unless its another CM who can fill in there.

With regards to a LF - I don't think Wildschut/Carayol are AK type players and for that matter I can't see them being in AK's plans, particularly Carayol. Wildschut could be a useful impact player to have until the end of the season but certainly not a starter. De Pena - that's a different tin of worms altogether.

Surprised there's been no discussion of the supposed Spurs winger that could be signing. I definitely think it's Pritchard.

Another thing, I expect all our signings this window to be championship experienced pro's. Not expecting any foreign imports.

Agreed nb as much as it is exciting if your linked with mccormack, Rhodes or bamford all window. If their isn't any real concrete movement it does get annoying because you want a move like that to happen.

Agreed, The Rhodes saga got annoying didn't it, Don't want another mess about like that.

I would be happy for us to get our business done this week & watch other teams scramble about for the rest of the transfer window.