oneBoro Forum

January 2016 Transfer Window

In October he apparently had ankle surgery that would rule him out for 3 months.

There was also a report in September saying if he failed to make a first team impact they'd loan him out again.

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Id still expect Bamford to go to another prem team if he leaves Palace.

I reckon bamford could see us as one of his best chances of Premier league football to be honest. You would imagine he'd feel a bit stung by the amount of gametime he's getting at palace. He may think the same will happen at any other lower-middle prem club who would want him. Then he looks at us... flying high. Reasonable chance of getting in the prem next year. He would know if he got loaned or sold to us ìn the prem he'd have a decent shot at gametime.

This. We're probably his best chance for premier league football (more than the odd cameo here and there) unless of course he decides to join Brighton which I can understand because they're such a big club, better fans, better stadium etc etc :P

But i cant see us buying him permanently so he could always wait and join us next year? There should be numerous teams from bottom half of prem looking at him as an option if he gets recalled (should look at him, not will). Id love him back here in fairness just not expecting it. Gibson has spent already and without outgoings I think its harsh to expect him to spend again purely because we have an opportunity to buy rather than us actually need it. Our biggest saleable assets are likely to be Ayala and Friend and nobody wants them to go. Adomah is blowing hot and cold but may drum some interest and our loan players may receive nominal bids. Apart from that I cant see who we could want to sell and actually sell.

A poster mentioned about Bamford not playing and wasting half a season...like Agazzi and Stephens here really.

I'd bring Reach back and tell Preston they can have De Pena instead. We can rely on Reach to do a job, i couldn't say with any confidence that we could rely on De Pena in the here and now. He needs to learn the league, so get him out somewhere else to cut his teeth.

We can rely on Reach to underwhelm, just like he did time and time again last season. Has Reach ever got two assists and made another goal in one match? It may have been in the cup but it was against a team in our league.

I honestly think the situation with Reach is the same as Adomah last game. The first half he did nothing until AK changed the mindset ...or took the shackles off, then we saw the Albert we like to see playing for us. Reach always performs his defensive duties detracting him from going forward and getting into good positions. I think Reach and Downing in the same team is a recipe for success. Remember what it was like when we had Downing and Johnson interchanging on that left wing, premier league clubs were struggling with the pair of them. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying reach is as good as Johnson was but I think he will get better with a bit more freedom.

I think it's hard for the younger players who are still trying to be solid in attacking positions to be asked to focus on defensive tasks.

If and I do say if Bamford is recruited (and tbh I would say that it will not happen) would his arrival mean the departure of say Kike because he would hardly be used in the second half of the season, Kike that is

If and I do say if Bamford is recruited (and tbh I would say that it will not happen) would his arrival mean the departure of say Kike because he would hardly be used in the second half of the season, Kike that is

Totally agree. Getting tied of hearing about Bamford.

He's a forward thinking type of guy, no way is going to do an about turn and return to us.

I'd be very surprised if he did.

I think if anyone came in for Kike with a half decent offer we would sell.

Signing Bamford would be brilliant "Obviously" but not just because he is brilliant at this level but he is able to play in either of two positions easily.

I don't think we will sign him because he will probably want to stay in the premier league risking still not playing. If we do sign him though, WOW just WOW.... Bamford, Downing, Nugent & Stuani.. No team in the championship comes close to having 4 attacking players of that pedigree & Talent.

Signing Bamford would be brilliant "Obviously" but not just because he is brilliant at this level but he is able to play in either of two positions easily.

I don't think we will sign him because he will probably want to stay in the premier league risking still not playing. If we do sign him though, WOW just WOW.... Bamford, Downing, Nugent & Stuani.. No team in the championship comes close to having 4 attacking players of that pedigree & Talent.

Would playing them all at the same time be balanced though? I'm not sure it would. Don't get me wrong it could work but when has Stuani Nugent or Bamford played on the left? Can they play there? If not that means Stewey out of his new favoured position. It would raise questions and possibly force us to change our system that has got us to where we are.

Would playing them all at the same time be balanced though? I'm not sure it would. Don't get me wrong it could work but when has Stuani Nugent or Bamford played on the left? Can they play there? If not that means Stewey out of his new favoured position. It would raise questions and possibly force us to change our system that has got us to where we are.

Bamford played on the left plenty of times last season and it was quite effective.

I'd bring Reach back and tell Preston they can have De Pena instead. We can rely on Reach to do a job, i couldn't say with any confidence that we could rely on De Pena in the here and now. He needs to learn the league, so get him out somewhere else to cut his teeth.

We can rely on Reach to underwhelm, just like he did time and time again last season. Has Reach ever got two assists and made another goal in one match? It may have been in the cup but it was against a team in our league.

We'd get a defensive shift out him. He's a player that bring out the best in Friend down the left. You play to your strengths and an in-form Friend is a big asset to us. Friend hasn't been half as effective for us for this season as he was last. If you bring Reach back then i think that's a big boost to Friend's performances.

I'm not sure if it would be balanced but there again I don't think we are completely balanced at the moment.. I just think when you get players of that calibre at this level it will work.

-Stuani---Downing---Nugent--

-------------Bamford-----------

-Bamford---Downing---Stuani--

-----------------Nugent------------

Surely either of those attacking line ups are too good not to work in this league... All those players are good enough to interchange throughout a game so don't need to stay rigid.

Well we have done pretty well without Reach to be fair and if AA could produce the kind of performance we saw second half against Ipswich moving ahead then the left side will not be such an issue as with the past.

I do not see Reach in a Boro shirt in a competitive match again am sorry to say this season

If we were to get another left sided player in I'd really like someone who can actually put a good cross into the box or be an actual threat. While Friend is excellent at driving forward, overlapping and creating extra space for the winger he is one of the last players I want to actually put the ball into the box. I may not have seen all the games you have, but from the games I have seen Friend's crossing is terrible. Considering how much he gets forward he only contributed 2 assists in 42 championship games last season.

We need a more dangerous player on the left because Reach, as you say is good at defending, and Friend is not nearly dangerous enough despite getting forward alot. I'd much rather he focused on creating the space and backup to an actual winger who knows how to assists the forwards. ´Hope I explained myself right. I rate Friend highly though - just not as someone who should be a main supply of chances from the left.

As I've mentioned before RE: Bamford, Aitor has talked about him a couple of times in interviews recently. As the only other time he's really done this about another club's player was with Rhodes (who we obviously and publicly had a bid in for at the time), I wouldn't be surprised at all if we'd had at least some preliminary loan talks with Chelsea.