oneBoro Forum

January 2016 Transfer Window

Maybe the odd loaness coming in as back up to replace Stephens/Zucculini but that may be it. I think Bamford would have been done by now if he was coming and I think he knows that he will not be a guaranteed starter anymore so is looking elsewhere

I'd agree if the situation was as straightforward as him finishing a loan at it's completion date. But he's gone back early, and Chelsea have a new boss in charge to when he left. Hiddink presumably wants to sit down with him before everyone decides what happens next.

Hiddink said he wanted to give him a week in training to assess what his next move will be

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you think the maximum Mr Gibson will allow AK to spend?.

Will it just be loans?

Will we sign players just to get us out of the championship or with the intention of them being good enough to play a key role in the premier league?. (Of course thats if we get promoted)

I'm not sure if we will pull a top signing off but I think we will be trying to make one.

Can't be doing with  long drawn out "will he won't he" situation as far as PB or anyone else come to think of it.

Ok not in our hands but you know what I mean

If PB is to come back I would've thought it would be very late in the window. 

He clearly wants to stay in the Prem so would hold out for as long as possible.

With RM or JR for them to move early they'll need to push their clubs and for us to offer what they want. 

Sadly, I can't see there being any quick deals for us unless another club gets a bid accepted and we match it

Can't be doing with long drawn out "will he won't he" situation as far as PB or anyone else come to think of it.

Ok not in our hands but you know what I mean

Personally think the opposite of this really! We're in a very strong position at the moment and any players we get on will only be adding to the squad we already have rather than being a requirement. So essentially for the first time in a long time we hold all the cards. Take our time, get the best possible deal out of any signings we may be in for. That doesn't mean drag our heels, just that we should take advantage of the fact that were less desperate to buy than a lot of other clubs will be to sell for decent dollar.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/qpr-reportedly-planning-loan-swoop-10684953

Following up to what NB mentioned, hopefully not, as we all saw how desperate he was to keep with the squad at the end of last season, he will be used again there is no doubt but I hate stories linking certain Boro players away from the club

i like Kalas, but he isn't a Middlesbrough player. We are, in a month's time, likely to have Rhys, Damia and Baptiste all sat kicking their heels and waiting to get into the side. I think I'd rather have one of them being paid to be on the bench over Kalas, who is a quality player, but, let's face it, the position belongs to Emilio at the minute.

Having kalas at rb takes away from us as a team imo, he's not as good as Nsue going forward which means stuani can't be as effective tucking in.

I like the guy but I just can't see where he would fit in.

i like Kalas, but he isn't a Middlesbrough player. We are, in a month's time, likely to have Rhys, Damia and Baptiste all sat kicking their heels and waiting to get into the side. I think I'd rather have one of them being paid to be on the bench over Kalas, who is a quality player, but, let's face it, the position belongs to Emilio at the minute.

100%. I think he will go back in January. Chelsea will not want him sitting on the bench every game for us otherwise what's the point of his loan spell. I really like the lad, especially liked the fact he stayed on with us even after his loan spell finished last year, but as BoroTom mentioned, it's Nsue's position. He's the best RB in the league at the moment.