oneBoro Forum

Boro v Sheffield Wednesday 1-0

It would seem that SW have not been beaten whilst playing live on tv, the same as Boro so unless it is a draw something is going to change today.

Again one of those teams that seem to be of a concern to a lot of Boro fans, well we have faired very well against those who we thought were possibly going to cause us problems.

I also loved the floating dog reference and picture, something we should adopt!

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Their Op is quite funny, but some of the later comments about Boro are a bit disparaging IMO. Having worked around Yorkshire in the housing field for 20 years and seen what a whole heap of steaming turd half of Sheffield is for myself I think some of their posters need look a bit closer to home for the very epitome of a crappy Northern town.

As for the team - I have always liked Sheff Weds and they look like they are going places at the minute. Despite our superb form this has all the hallmarks of a very hard game and could easily go either way. I will go for a 1-0 win to us with a fair few scares, a latish goal and hanging on a bit at the end. Downing to score.

NB I don't buy into all this about them being tired and us being fresh. I played myself and sometimes we played 4 games in a week when we had a fixture pile up. They are very fit professional players and should be fine.

You could equally say we might be a bit sluggish and out of the groove and they are fresh from a very good win and flying. I know after we beat Brighton I thought it would be great to have another game straight away and ride the wave to another win, but that seems like a while ago now.

I agree that footballers should be able to play 2 games in 3 days no problem but they are pampered little boys who are brainwashed into thinking they can't.. If we score early & are playing well, The Sheff Wed players could easily knock off & use fatigue as an excuse.

We showed against Ipswich on a Friday night after playing Everton the Tuesday it's a load of tosh... Ipswich had a full week off.

When I was a kid we use to play 6 hours a day through the holidays.

Thing is though. This standard is a little more demanding.

It's not the fact they 'can't' play. It's the fact that if a team has good players at 80/90% on match day and the other team can rotate with players of the same ability at 100% then they obviously have an advantage.

It's not the fact they 'can't' play. It's the fact that if a team has good players at 80/90% on match day and the other team can rotate with players of the same ability at 100% then they obviously have an advantage.

Only a little though

Also got to factor in training in between..

Only a little though

I'm sure training will be at minimum for teams playing in such a short space of time

Only a little though

I'm sure training will be at minimum for teams playing in such a short space of time

.. And at a higher intensity for those not

As long as they don't do the double over us again this season it'll be an improvement.

Woken up pretty confident today though. Reckon we'll keep another clean sheet at least.

Umm the double is pretty impossible as we have already beaten them...

As long as they don't do the double over us again this season it'll be an improvement.

Woken up pretty confident today though. Reckon we'll keep another clean sheet at least.

Then it's an improvement whatever happens today :D

I think we'll get an early goal and that will set the tone for the rest of the match. Wednesday have some very good players on their books this season so it'll be a decent game to watch. Things have really started to click for us now win the next 2 and we are in a very very good position going into the new year.

Anyone remember when we beat them 3-1 at home under Mowbray and Hoyte scored that beauty to take us top of the league? A repeat of that would be nice but obviously with a clean sheet this time.

Then it's an improvement whatever happens today :D

No wonder you were so confident :D

Only a little though

I ran more in 6 hours than some footballers run in a full season though :)

Joking aside, There's no excuses for a footballer/ Team to not put in 2 brilliant performance's in 3 days... It will of happened after today's games somewhere.