oneBoro Forum

Boro v Sheffield Wednesday 1-0

http://www.twtd.co.uk/league-tables/competition:championship/form/matches:6/type:home-and-away

Current form table

We really do need to get more home goals

I agree, we really do need to! We're doing so terribly at home and in the league this season.

Picking for the sake of picking really isn't it. If our home record continues exactly as it is for the rest of the season I'll be more than happy

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Great result today. Fantastic atmosphere from where I was sat in block 62. Nice meeting Dan (Old Man Gravz) for a beer or two as well.

Always a pleasure Dave. Was actually just about to ask how you ended up supporting us before you told me haha

Loving the sly dig at Wednesday from Aitor :)

From A Vikers Twitter page....

Did anyone notice AK's sly dig... "maybe my players were too relaxed and not sharp after 10 days rest. Maybe it is better to play games"

Fabbrini has a kind of Turrets syndrome if he cannot change his thoughtless style of play which has obviously been analysed and pointed out to him. I'm sure he must have been seriously annoying to watch for the Owls...hey ho UTB

MBP is correct. a ball came in from a corner not sure which Wednesday play scuffed it (may of been a Boro player even) and it hit the top of the crossbar. Ayala jumped to cover it. Which is impressive as he had his head over 8ft in height to hit the bar

MBP is correct. a ball came in from a corner not sure which Wednesday play scuffed it (may of been a Boro player even) and it hit the top of the crossbar. Ayala jumped to cover it. Which is impressive as he had his head over 8ft in height to hit the bar

Forestieri pushed Ben Gibson, as Gibson fell over it came off his back and looped onto the bar.

Disappointing performance after the first 20 mins or so where it looked like we would walk all over them and we were playing some very nice stuff. Why it is that we continue to stop playing when in strong positions I'll never know. I'm not surprised that Karanka wasn't happy as we really should have been able to push on and put the game away.

The game also highlighted a slightly worrying trend of us struggling to score goals at home. In reverse order these are the scores from the more recent games - 1-0, 1-0, 0-0, 1-0, 1-0, 3-0, 0-0. Other than the Charlton game we haven't managed more than one goal in the last three months. As long as goals against continues to be zero then it's less of a concern but I'd like to see us knock a few more in at home to give us a bit of breathing space.

Disappointing performance after the first 20 mins or so where it looked like we would walk all over them and we were playing some very nice stuff. Why it is that we continue to stop playing when in strong positions I'll never know. I'm not surprised that Karanka wasn't happy as we really should have been able to push on and put the game away.

The game also highlighted a slightly worrying trend of us struggling to score goals at home. In reverse order these are the scores from the more recent games - 1-0, 1-0, 0-0, 1-0, 1-0, 3-0, 0-0. Other than the Charlton game we haven't managed more than one goal in the last three months. As long as goals against continues to be zero then it's less of a concern but I'd like to see us knock a few more in at home to give us a bit of breathing space.

I said after the Rotherham game and the same happened yesterday. Once we score the first goal the players seem to think that it jobs done and don't push on to get a 2nd or 3rd goal.

It's frustrating watching us back off teams while we are dominant in a game.. For the first 25/30 mins we were playing well but we gradually sat off them for no reason & at half time it was obvious we were going to play in a defensive way. Its nerve wracking to watch but we are brilliant at doing it but I think luck plays its part.. It works so I'm not going to complain even though it is frustrating to watch :)