oneBoro Forum

Boro v Sheffield Wednesday 1-0

To be fair I thought we did keep going against Sheff Wed for 20 mins or so but then we stopped. It's not like Sheff Wed suddenly improved either because they were pretty bad in the whole of that first half. It's just that we stopped doing the things that had been working for us and then after half time we continued that whilst they improved and became a bit more direct.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

To be fair I thought we did keep going against Sheff Wed for 20 mins or so but then we stopped. It's not like Sheff Wed suddenly improved either because they were pretty bad in the whole of that first half. It's just that we stopped doing the things that had been working for us and then after half time we continued that whilst they improved and became a bit more direct.

I agree, We do it most of the time when we have a lead, Its not the other team improving, We just sit off them for no reason & let them come on to us.

The only game this season I can think of where we kept going was at Ipswich, Might be more but that's the only one I can think of.

If we do it against Derby I think we will drop points just like the first game.

It's not fair to say we feel the job is done when we go 1-0 up because the whole team work their asses off for the entire 90 mins defensively and we certainly have earned all the clean sheets we've gotten. Certainly the attacking intent is reigned in when we go up though. But Who's to say that if we had pushed on in some of those games we wouldn't have got caught out defensively and dropped points and be sitting no longer top of the table?

Trust in what the teams doing because it's working.

It's not fair to say we feel the job is done when we go 1-0 up because the whole team work their asses off for the entire 90 mins defensively and we certainly have earned all the clean sheets we've gotten. Certainly the attacking intent is reigned in when we go up though. But Who's to say that if we had pushed on in some of those games we wouldn't have got caught out defensively and dropped points and be sitting no longer top of the table?

Trust in what the teams doing because it's working.

Well said NB4. Especially the last part about getting caught out. Why take chances when we can shut teams down 9/10 times when we get ahead.

I agree with most of what NB4 and BD are saying BUT holding out for virtually all the game does cause the heart to flutter somewhat and nerves were getting torn to shreds in this game.

Ok we do not stop attacking as was shown during the game and we could have had another goal I think we could show just a tad more urgency and desire to get that killer goal