oneBoro Forum

Boro v Sheffield Wednesday 1-0

That last 20 minutes or so was a bit nail biting, thank goodness for our centre halves and Ayala in particular, shortly followed by Clayton, I would love to have played in the same team as him during my football days. Credit to Sheff Wed, (and in particular to Forestieri), they came out the second half and rocked us back with the long ball, but we never really looked like crumbling. I thought Adomah and Leadbitter had poor games to-day, they really seemed to lose the pace of the match at times. Never mind three more points, onwards and upwards, bring on Derby.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Excellent 3 points.

Nerve wracking 2nd half.

Adomah & Friend.. Poor.

Ayala was top class again.

Clayton, What a beast.

Fabbrini was brilliant when he came on, Won so many free kicks, Their defenders couldn't deal with him.

Not the greatest performance but I couldn't care less tbh... We are in a great position & will improve.

UTB.

He won some good free kicks bit I'd hardly say he was brilliant.

He single handedly nullified a number of key breakouts with his refusal to pass the ball.

I say brilliant because the amount of time those fouls wasted while we we're under the cosh was massive IMO.. He was far better than Adomah today.

Top of the league, get in. We made it hard work for ourselves with some dodgey decision making at times. They gave it a real go in 2nd half and have a very good chance of a top 6 finish.

Fabbrini was ducking awful when he came in, made wrong decision after wrong decision.

Ayala was heroic.

Now time for a cuppa and EastEnders. :P

Excellent 3 points.

Nerve wracking 2nd half.

Adomah & Friend.. Poor.

Clayton, What a beast.

Fabbrini was brilliant when he came on, Won so many free kicks, Their defenders couldn't deal with him.

Not the greatest performance but I couldn't care less tbh... We are in a great position & will improve.

UTB.

He single handedly nullified a number of key breakouts with his refusal to pass the ball.

Aye, he can be a frustrating player - some great aspects to his play and others that just drive you batty. At one point, I'd have happily subbed him off but then he started to get into positions to win free kicks.

I wouldn't call Friend poor either today - decent performance from him. Can't argue with Adomah not being great today though, subdued. Kike deserves a shout for a good performance, though.

Excellent 3 points.

Nerve wracking 2nd half.

Adomah & Friend.. Poor.

Clayton, What a beast.

UTB.

I say brilliant because the amount of time those fouls wasted while we we're under the cosh was massive IMO.. He was far better than Adomah today.

I'd say useful was a better word then.

Brilliant indicates someone who passed it when we were in a 4 on 2 counter attack.

Excellent 3 points.

Nerve wracking 2nd half.

Adomah & Friend.. Poor.

Clayton, What a beast.

UTB.

Brilliant indicates someone who passed it when we were in a 4 on 2 counter attack.

Fair point :)

It drives me bonkers when he fails to spot or refuses to do the simple pass.

Excellent 3 points.

Nerve wracking 2nd half.

Adomah & Friend.. Poor.

Clayton, What a beast.

UTB.

Me too. Nearly threw my remote at the tele.

Me too. Nearly threw my remote at the tele.

It resulted in me screaming F*** O** as loud as I could :P

Say what you want about Fabb. He can win free kicks like nobody's business. Ayala is a Premiership defender in a Championship team. Clayton too would walk into a bottom half Prem team.

Now back to drinking. Not working until late tomorrow.

Match thread for Derby will be up after their game, probably Wed. Expect a bigger than usual "View from the other side" segment as I pull choice quotes from their side ;)