oneBoro Forum

Boro v Sheffield Wednesday 1-0

He won some good free kicks bit I'd hardly say he was brilliant.

He single handedly nullified a number of key breakouts with his refusal to pass the ball.

I say brilliant because the amount of time those fouls wasted while we we're under the cosh was massive IMO.. He was far better than Adomah today.

I'd say useful was a better word then.

Brilliant indicates someone who passed it when we were in a 4 on 2 counter attack.

Fair point :)

It drives me bonkers when he fails to spot or refuses to do the simple pass.

Me too. Nearly threw my remote at the tele.

If he had passed it stuani would of been offside.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Massive phew and I bet AK was far from pleased.

We can't keep relying on the defence can we?

Fantastic opening 3 minutes but a total frustration thereafter however 3 points gratefully received

For this league I think we can. Just like Barca rely on their attack (and I'm not comparing the two teams)

Massive phew and I bet AK was far from pleased.

We can't keep relying on the defence can we?

Fantastic opening 3 minutes but a total frustration thereafter however 3 points gratefully received

For this league I think we can. Just like Barca rely on their attack (and I'm not comparing the two teams)

You should, both got 91 points this year.

I say brilliant because the amount of time those fouls wasted while we we're under the cosh was massive IMO.. He was far better than Adomah today.

Brilliant indicates someone who passed it when we were in a 4 on 2 counter attack.

Even before that he did it as well. It's a recurring theme. He needs to learn to pass when the option is there but I suppose that will come with more experience. He's a useful option to have on the bench, don't think he's quite good enough and consistent enough to be a regular first team starter though.

He had about 3 years to pass it before Stuani was offside + he had at least 1 if not 2 other avenues.

No excuses he messed that up.

Just back now. Thought we played alright in the first 20 minutes - created a few really good chances. After that however we were poor. Made too many defensive mistakes and let the ball dance around our penalty area a few times. Luckily the owls didn't seem to be able to create much (without our help), so it went unpunished. I fear Derby will be more ruthless if we play like that on sat.

Good result, good clean sheet but forgettable performance.

Also, never realised how much of a man-child barry bannan is. He's tiny :D

First half was standard boro to be fair, early goal and control. Secpnd half, fotiesteri made them look a different side. I thought tjat fabrini was brought on to break up the play amd draw some fouls, but by god he is a frustration when going forward

It is now a given that ayala and clayton are beasts.

Albert was poor for me and George got gimself in a. Couple of silly situations

All in all another 3 poimts amd points make prizes

Happy trip nack to pompey tomorrow amd to book Brentford UTB

Was a bang average game whereas we didn't really have to do too much to win it. They were poor the first half. Got better the second half but our defence held true again. It seem nervier that it was because it was only 1-0 which is always precarious.

One thing I will say is. Show me a better CB in this league than Dani and I will show you a man that doesn't know football. He was immense