oneBoro Forum

Boro v Sheffield Wednesday 1-0

i think we could easily lose this game. its no surprise really. its not barcelona at home to elche.

we will win if we keep at high tempo and score first. there is more chance of a boro win than a sheff wed win.

looking through their forum the majority are writing this game off due to us having a long rest and them playing the other day.

its a dangerous game, we have to be on it.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

If anyone hasn't done so yet please go over to

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/234802-middlesborough-vs-the-owls-official-matchday-thread/page-2#entry6434724

Their opening post is a cracker. It genuinely made me smile. They seem confident of a away win, should be a belter of a game but still think it'll be a 3-0 win for the Boro

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/234802-middlesborough-vs-the-owls-official-matchday-thread/page-2#entry6434724

Their opening post is a cracker. It genuinely made me smile. They seem confident of a away win, should be a belter of a game but still think it'll be a 3-0 win for the Boro

Sounds like they are a confident bunch at the moment.. They will be brought back down to earth today & they will only have excuses.

The opening post is brilliant, they seem very confident that they are going to win but from what I've seen I think we just might have the edge. I watched them in their 2-2 draw against Cardiff a few weeks back, they were good going forward (although they did like around 5 passes too many) but a bit lacklustre at the back. I think our defence can cope with their front players and I think we have enough up top to cause them problems.

Our key player today will be Downing, if he picks the right passes we will unlock their defence.

Their key player will be Forrestieri, keeping him quiet will be key. Although Bannen can be rather dangerous too, Clayts and Leadbitter will be busy.

I'm going for Boro 2-1 but this has banana skin written all over it so we need to be super focused. Kike and Stuani with goals for us and a Forrestieri screamer for them.

UTB

still a bit haunted by last years home game against these which i had the unfortunate pleasure of witnessing  , so i worry a little that we may concede today , even though we were a very different line up on that day.

got a feeling we will definately need at least two goals in order to win this . 

but its an evening game and in front of the cameras which we normally do well in plus the (massive) advantage of having more rest . 

wont be easy but a win by the oddd goal .

Their Op is quite funny, but some of the later comments about Boro are a bit disparaging IMO. Having worked around Yorkshire in the housing field for 20 years and seen what a whole heap of steaming turd half of Sheffield is for myself I think some of their posters need look a bit closer to home for the very epitome of a crappy Northern town.

As for the team - I have always liked Sheff Weds and they look like they are going places at the minute. Despite our superb form this has all the hallmarks of a very hard game and could easily go either way. I will go for a 1-0 win to us with a fair few scares, a latish goal and hanging on a bit at the end. Downing to score.

NB I don't buy into all this about them being tired and us being fresh. I played myself and sometimes we played 4 games in a week when we had a fixture pile up. They are very fit professional players and should be fine.

You could equally say we might be a bit sluggish and out of the groove and they are fresh from a very good win and flying. I know after we beat Brighton I thought it would be great to have another game straight away and ride the wave to another win, but that seems like a while ago now.

Arrived in Boro, parked up at bluebell services so misses can feed the little one before hell breaks loose when we arrive at my parents house.

Come on Boro

Welcome home Maz, enjoy the game later.