oneBoro Forum

Husband and Reach and Wildschut

who on the left offers more and have the same link with Friend? As we dont want Downing on the left we have Adomah and De Pena if we dont play Reach. To be honest I rate Reach above both of them on the left. But thats maybe why I am not a manager, my football eye might be off :)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

My best mate is a PNE season ticket holder and gets to most away games too so he's been regularly chatting about Reach.

To start with, what he said was all too familiar with Reach getting into good positions and then turning back rather than crossing or using his pace. More recently it seems he's been a bit more direct, taking on his full back and getting the ball in the box.

I'd like to see him given another chance on the left as (Downing aside) I think he offers more than anyone else we have in that position.

My best mate is a PNE season ticket holder and gets to most away games too so he's been regularly chatting about Reach.

To start with, what he said was all too familiar with Reach getting into good positions and then turning back rather than crossing or using his pace. More recently it seems he's been a bit more direct, taking on his full back and getting the ball in the box.

I'd like to see him given another chance on the left as (Downing aside) I think he offers more than anyone else we have in that position.

Particularly away from home, we often play a 3-5-2 formation, in which Reach plays left wing-back. He's done a very good job there, but it's a tough position to play and it does often nullify his attacking threat somewhat, which results in turning back and passing it back etc.

However, when pushed further forward, on the left of a front 3 in a 4-3-3, he's been a real threat going forward. He was good there against Reading a couple of weeks ago and in that position yesterday against Hull he was absolutely fantastic.

From what I've seen so far I'd rather have Reach in the side than de Pena and I'd much rather have Downing in the middle than Fabbrini so for me that leaves Reach competing with Adomah for the left hand attacking role. However, it's probably easier for the club to send Reach out on loan than de Pena so I'm not sure if things will work out that way for the rest of the season.

From what I've seen so far I'd rather have Reach in the side than de Pena and I'd much rather have Downing in the middle than Fabbrini so for me that leaves Reach competing with Adomah for the left hand attacking role. However, it's probably easier for the club to send Reach out on loan than de Pena so I'm not sure if things will work out that way for the rest of the season.

Agree with that 100%, Reach is underrated by a lot of Boro fans. Ideally De Pena would go out on loan.

Reach and de Pena are different kinds of wide players. We're moving towards our wide players being far more comfortable in central areas so have to be far better technically. Reach struggled when he was in them central areas and generally kept wide in spaces, playing simple passes recycling possession with very little risk taking. de Pena is still adjusting but seems to be a similar sort wide player as Lallana(obviously not the same quality), technically good but not particularly fast. I'd much rather Reach stay at Preston on loan and play than sit on our bench.

Our LW seems to have been a patch-up job for the majority of the season so if de Pena starts performing then the position is there for him to make his own.

Well we can now add Yanik Wildschut to the debate, what are we going to do with him?

Personally would be good to see at least 2 out of the 3 of them playing against Burnley

Well Wildschut played in first round for Wigan, so he won't be appearing. Thought at time that letting him play meant that AK didn't think in Nov that he wanted Wildschut back at all, as FA Cup would have been obvious opportunity to give him some game time.

Best thing would be a loan to another Championship side to see if he can get a regular place and command a transfer fee - I can't see him being in AK long term plans.

Well we can now add Yanik Wildschut to the debate, what are we going to do with him?

Personally would be good to see at least 2 out of the 3 of them playing against Burnley

Well Wildschut played in first round for Wigan, so he won't be appearing. Thought at time that letting him play meant that AK didn't think in Nov that he wanted Wildschut back at all, as FA Cup would have been obvious opportunity to give him some game time.

Best thing would be a loan to another Championship side to see if he can get a regular place and command a transfer fee - I can't see him being in AK long term plans.

For all the headline grabbing goals hes got. Hes still sat on the bench a lot in div1. So would a championship team want him

For all the headline grabbing goals hes got. Hes still sat on the bench a lot in div1. So would a championship team want him

Don't you think there would be a few that would take a gamble - especially if Boro were picking up tab for some of his wages? Someone like Rotherham for example, even if they thought he might just be an impact sub.  It would be a no lose for them. If he was going to stay in div 1, then probably better for him to stay at Wigan, but there has been no talk of that happening.