oneBoro Forum

vo6hrl.jpg

Saturday, January 2nd... Riverside Stadium... 3:00pm KO

Kaixo!! Another game, another win, another MDT from the Beerslug. I've tried to bring you a write up fit for this top of the table clash between the champions elect and the also-RAMS, so please be gentle. As I've no doubt what's said will be met with derision from their online mafia if it doesn't fit their "Nobody is better than Derby" narrative, I've decided to insert a bit of humour at their expense :D And so, on with the show....

[align=left]The Form.

[/align]

Middlesbrough are undoubtedly the form team in the Championship at the moment, which is why we're top and Derby aren't. A 1-0 win on Monday meant another 3 points against a Sheffield Wednesday side who offered absolutely nothing in the first half, but at least gave us a game in the second. Only goal of the game came in the first minute, a Downing cross being converted by Stuani. Ayala and Clayton were again on form, and are a major factor in our superb defensive record (no goals conceded in seven in the league, only two goals conceded at home all season. Ridiculous figures).

Last 6 - Won 5, Drew 1. Scored 9, Conceded 0

Derby managed to hold Mighty Leeds to a draw on Tuesday, which won them a point more than I was hoping for, let me tell you. Goals came from Jeff Hendrick and substitute Tom Ince, but an injury to Shackell after half an hour marred proceedings (no word on if he misses our game at time of writing). Oh, and Sol Bamba - of all people - scored past them. Read into that what you will.

Last 6 - Won 3, Drew 3. Scored 11, conceded 4.

The Opposition.

Ahh, Derby. Perennial bridesmaids when it comes to promotion. They're the second best team in the league at the minute, and, having scored and conceded three more than us, are second best in both those categories too. Bless. After starting well last season, they dropped off towards the end, finishing 8th. 

During the summer, Schteve "Wally with a brolly" McClaren was replaced by former P.E. teacher Paul Clement. Clement, like Karanka, was an assistant at Real Madrid before accepting a manager's role in the Championship. He worked under the tutelage of Carlo Ancelotti at Chelsea, PSG and Madrid, and, even more impressively, under Steve Kean at Blackburn.

Derby have arguably one of the best squads in the league (if you listen to their fans), which includes world beaters such as Jacob Butterfield (Boro reject), Darren Bent (Sunderland/Villa reject) and Andreas Weimann (another Villa reject). In all seriousness they do have a potential world beater in Will Hughes, but he's been out injured since August so we're safe for the time being. Chris Martin (Not the vegan from Coldplay, surprisingly) is their top scorer this season with 9, with Tom Ince a goal behind him in the scoring charts.

Probable Line Up.

I actually got one right last week, I cant believe it! This week, Big Dave returns from suspension up front, but has Kike done enough to retain his place? We shall have to see. Will we see Reach or Husband return to the squad? With the FA Cup game with Burnley following this next week, I have a feeling AK may name an almost unchanged squad this week and switch it up then.

nv4mx0.png

The View From The Otherside.

DCFCFans.uk has already got a bit of chatter going on about this here: 

Derby County Fan Forum

Most seem to think Shackell is the deciding factor. Some choice quotes:

"If Shackell doesn't play then I could really see us losing by 2 or 3 " - McLovin

"Ince n Martin need to play out their skin to get any change from ayala." - Gazram80

"If Shackell is fully fit and plays then 0-0 or 1-0 to them. If he doesn't play then 2-0 to Boro" - Rampage

Karanka-Talk!

Interesting Derby County Facts.

[align=left]

1. Branko Strupar, Derby County striker, scored the first Premiership goal of the new Millenium, against Watford.
  2. Derby's all time record goalscorer is Steve Bloomer (332 goals). He also played for Middlesbrough.
  3. Derby hold so many Premier League records, it's ridiculous. Least Points In A Season (11), Least Wins In A Season (1), Least Home Wins In A Season (1, joint with Scumderland), Least Away Wins In A Season (0, joint with 5 other teams), Most Defeats In A Season (29), Fewest Goals Scored (20) and Worst Goal Difference (−69). The club also holds the record for Most Consecutive League Games Without A Win, with 37 matches between 22 September 2007 and 13 September 2008.

Other Noteworthy Fixtures.

Brighton v Wolves (Friday)

QPR v Hull (Friday)

Burnley v Ipswich

Fulham v Sheff Wed

Talking Points.

1. Kike or Nuge?
  2. Score predictions?
  3. Will Villa overtake some of Derby's unwanted PL records?
  4. How do you see Friday's fixtures panning out?
  5. Why do tubs of Roses not come with a guide any more, so you have to guess what you're eating?

[/align]

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Quality OP mate, I can imagine it willl ruffle a few feathers on their forum(s). :D

1. Nugent - He has a very good record against Derby.

2. Can see it bring a very tight game, two very good teams. Going for 2-0 Boro.

3. Wouldn't be surprised, they are ***e.

4. I think it can be another very good weekend for us. Are Brighton finally starting to lose their grip? Wolves will go there and play without fear. QPR will be looking for their first win under Jimmy.

5. I don't like Roses. Celebrations/Heroes ftw

Same team as Monday other than Nugent for Kike. 2-0 Boro with Nugent opening the scoring.

Whatever the result I predict both Derby and ourselves to finish in the top 2. The two standout teams in the league by a distance.

1. 100% Nugent, Kike has done well but Nuge is refreshed and has a point to prove.

2.Very tough game, hard to call, 2-1.

3. No Villa will get more points.

4. Results can't continue to go as well, can see Brighton winning but a tough game for Hull who I think are more of a danger, cmon Jimmy and Charlie.

5. Don't really eat chocolates I'm afraid.

Good opening post OMG.

This games is massive a proper top of the table clash. Without sounding arrogant or condescending us and Derby are pretty much the same. Two rock solid defences sat behind an inter changing attacking 3 with a out and out striker leading the line. Although on paper Derby set up as a 4-3-3. Ince and Russel tend to be behind Martin to pick up the ball and run at defenders. For me the key battle is Leadbitter v Butterfield. I like Jacob and wish we could have found a way to accommodate him but seeing as AK wanted him as a DM he's nowhere near as good as Ads in that role. What he is good at is starting off moves for the forward 3 to capitalise on (or even finish himself). We need to keep him quiet.

As far as predictions go. Anything could happen. One team clicks and runs riot on the other, both teams cancel each other out or we have a thrilling 4-3 match up. I just hope we keep another clean sheet. Just for the prediction points I'll go for

2-1 Boro with Downing fgs

1. Kike (Nugent to come on at 70mins)

2. 2-1.

3. Yes they are uber pump

4. Both Brighton & Hull to draw.

5. It's a cunning ploy to get people to eat the strawberry and coffee one by mistake ..... Urgh!!

Great op, OMG. Do you think you will set a new record yourself and be doing these for the rest of the season ?!

1. Nuge.

2. 1-0 Boro, seems to be a popular score at home lately. Albert to score

3. Nope I think Derby will keep those records for an awful long time

4. Brighton to draw and Hull to lose.

5. Its on the internet so people can just look at their phones before they make that critical choice

Good opening post OMG.

This games is massive a proper top of the table clash. Without sounding arrogant or condescending us and Derby are pretty much the same. Two rock solid defences sat behind an inter changing attacking 3 with a out and out striker leading the line. Although on paper Derby set up as a 4-3-3. Ince and Russel tend to be behind Martin to pick up the ball and run at defenders. For me the key battle is Leadbitter v Butterfield. I like Jacob and wish we could have found a way to accommodate him but seeing as AK wanted him as a DM he's nowhere near as good as Ads in that role. What he is good at is starting off moves for the forward 3 to capitalise on (or even finish himself).  We need to keep him quiet.

As far as predictions go. Anything could happen. One team clicks and runs riot on the other, both teams cancel each other out or we have a thrilling 4-3 match up. I just hope we keep another clean sheet. Just for the prediction points I'll go for

2-1 Boro with Downing fgs

1. Kike (Nugent to come on at 70mins)

2. 2-1.

3. Yes they are uber pump

4. Both Brighton & Hull to draw.

5. It's a cunning ploy to get people to eat the strawberry and coffee one by mistake ..... Urgh!!

This, this and this. Yuk

Great op, OMG. Do you think you will set a new record yourself and be doing these for the rest of the season ?!

1. Nuge.

5. Its on the internet so people can just look at their phones before they make that critical choice

On the one hand, I hope so, as it means we keep winning! Plus I quite enjoy doing them, having a browse on other fans forums to see what they're saying about us, etc.

On the other, I do like seeing other people's takes on them. But if my turn does come to an end, I hope there's not too many that follow me!

I think the record is 7(?) from Cornish so would be good to beat that

1. Nuge.

On the one hand, I hope so, as it means we keep winning! Plus I quite enjoy doing them, having a browse on other fans forums to see what they're saying about us, etc.

On the other, I do like seeing other people's takes on them. But if my turn does come to an end, I hope there's not too many that follow me!

I'm next and I'm nervous about doing one so for all I care I hope you keep going until the end or the season :D

1. Nuge.

Yep I have seen your fact finding posts on rivals' forums. Some are more welcoming than others aren't they....

1. Nuge.

Ahem, cough 8, cough ;)

But I really really hope u beat it

2-1 to BORO. They've got quality all the way through their side that a lot of teams visiting the riverside so far have been lacking in so I can see them getting one. Us to go 2-0 up and then them nicking one in the 2nd half to setup a nervy finish.

Nugent 4'

Downing 22'

Russell 67'

I'm sure that the Roses menu will be somewhere in or on the tub. Bloody European Allergen regulations mean labelling information needs to be on the packaging including all allergens in bold. Trust me, I have to label allergy advice daily at work!

Update.....Just cracked open a tub and it seems it's chocolate roulette with the flavours as there is no menu!!!!

Double update......They do have a menu card in the tub. Crisis averted!!

OldManGravz.....why are you fussed anyway? Hopefully you'll have had enough Koperberg or Dark Fruits to worry!!!!

Let's forget chocolate and get back to the footy!!!!