oneBoro Forum

Boro v Burnley [FA Cup Third Round] 1-2

Echoing some other thoughts I'd be quite happy to see some fringe players getting a game in this one.   Forshaw, de Pena, Amorebieta, Kalas and Mejias will all hopefully be getting some game time.  I'd half expect Gibson to be rested more than Ayala but I wonder if Fry will be given another run out?  If there's any issue with Clayton I can't see Karanka picking him for this one with Brentford a few days later.  I'd actually start Nugent though because after a few games missing the game time might be useful for him?

Fry played with the u-21 today so dount he will be involved tomorrow

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

That's interesting then as it presumably means that two of Friend, Ayala and Gibson are playing unless we play Kalas in central defence and Nsue stayed in at right back?

Sky reporting that Woodgate is injured but the EG have him starting, anyone heard anything on this?

Would love to see him get a game, would be really beneficial to rest Ayala and Gibson too

Sky reporting that Woodgate is injured but the EG have him starting, anyone heard anything on this?

Would love to see him get a game, would be really beneficial to rest Ayala and Gibson too

They have the cigars out most games, against derby martin didnt exactly pull them around. Rest one and give nando a run out.

Just read the article about karanka on playing academy players today.

"If we play academy players we will not win, that's for sure"

As good a manager as karanka is, I disagree entirely with his attitude to our own young players. In fact is say his attitude is extremely poor.

Does he think boro fans expect to see 11 academy players? I'd go as far to say play the strongest side and fling in at least chapman. If reports are to be believed he can't be worse than de Pena.

Riaky telling the academy kids they aren't good enough imo. Losing our reputation as a good place to start your career?

As good a manager as karanka is, I disagree entirely with his attitude to our own young players. In fact is say his attitude is extremely poor.

Does he think boro fans expect to see 11 academy players? I'd go as far to say play the strongest side and fling in at least chapman. If reports are to be believed he can't be worse than de Pena.

Riaky telling the academy kids they aren't good enough imo. Losing our reputation as a good place to start your career?

Hahaha we are not playing a poor team you know Karanka is 100% correct.

Liverpool played academy players and nearly went out of the cup. I see what you're saying but Karanka wants to win this game, and won't risk it.

Hahaha we are not playing a poor team you know Karanka is 100% correct.

AK is spot on.. The kids aren't good enough at the moment to get in our squad, As nice as it would be.

I thnk the young lads (Fry & Chapman) for example should be on loan at decent league 1/2 sides just like Gibson did when he was younger. League football will do them way more good then playing U21/U18 football. I think we are making a bit of a mistake not sending those las out on loan.

That's my opinion.

Labels I've heard so far on chapman

"Best academy product since downing"

"A phenomenon"

"Wonder kid"

"Scores probably one f the best goals at the riverside"

Yet we wouldn't give him a chance of de Pena for fear of losing? Give me a break.

Liverpool played 8 academy players in there squad. I'm suggesting playing one. If you can't see that difference I have no hope