oneBoro Forum

BORO vs Brentford (A) 1-0

Did you have any luck with it borodane?

No. They keep saying the won't budge unless Press Association do. Fat chance of that happening in such a small game. Anyway I did the scorecast and the originally awarded me for the 1-0 win @7,5/1. That is procedure when you do the scorecast and the only goals scored are own goals. You then win on the result. However the took the money back on that yesterday. I suppose that's because there are still uncertainties about the outcome of the scorer. If they don't award me the 1-0 correct score I'll have to get back to them again. You just can't trust a bookie can you?

Who did you bet with again BD? Bet365? With you being in Denmark and it being an online bet I don't know if it will work but British companies have a an independent watchdog/regulator called IBAS, who'll correctly settle bets if you write a complaint.

Usually don't even have to actually go the them though, just mention it to customer services and they tend to fold. When I worked at Ladbrokes we got phone calls all the time asking us to re-settle bets as winners and pay them out

It was with Bet365. I'll have a look at IBAS if they won't correct it by today.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

No. They keep saying the won't budge unless Press Association do. Fat chance of that happening in such a small game. Anyway I did the scorecast and the originally awarded me for the 1-0 win @7,5/1. That is procedure when you do the scorecast and the only goals scored are own goals. You then win on the result. However the took the money back on that yesterday. I suppose that's because there are still uncertainties about the outcome of the scorer. If they don't award me the 1-0 correct score I'll have to get back to them again. You just can't trust a bookie can you?

Who did you bet with again BD? Bet365? With you being in Denmark and it being an online bet I don't know if it will work but British companies have a an independent watchdog/regulator called IBAS, who'll correctly settle bets if you write a complaint.

Usually don't even have to actually go the them though, just mention it to customer services and they tend to fold. When I worked at Ladbrokes we got phone calls all the time asking us to re-settle bets as winners and pay them out

When you mention it make sure to say others are paying out too

When you mention it make sure to say others are paying out too

I did say others were paying out. They said they weren't paying attention to how other competing firms go about their business. They only listen to Press Association as that's explicitly written in their rules. To a degree I understand them but when the Football League gives the goal to Ayala I reckon there is reasonable doubt for them to actually take a look at the incident.

Just been on the phone with them again and mentioned IBAS. The costumer service took a lengthy break to talk to his manager and then offered me to pay out on the correct score @7,5/1. Told him it was way short of the 71/1 scorecast and it was clearly an Ayala goal which he could also see on the Football Leagues website. Asked me if he could investigate further and call me back since I had been on the phone for 25 minutes. I don't think they are going to pay out, but at least I tried to stake my claim for the right payout. Stupid bet365. Just look at the pictures in cases like this. The Football League has given the goal to Ayala for christ sake. Meh, now it's just a matter of principle. And 71 pounds.

They ended up offering me 7,5/1 for the correct 1-0 score and then a 20 pound bonus which only has to be staked once. Gave up and accepted their offer. Never had any intention of going through the hassle of complaining to IBAS. Still feel that bet365 should accept that Ayala scored but they will only go by the Press Association. They won't budge on that so probably just gave me the bonus to get rid of me :)

Just been having a read of one of the Brentford forums.

"Their keeper played up, feigning a knock early on, getting the ref on side, then every time anyone went near him he was looking for a decision."

"Then we had the Nugent show, leaving a bit on the Bees player each time he challenged - then going over easy when anyone got near him. 'It is 100% coached'."

"Spanish Manager. It's like that all the time over here, they all try to con the ref and then get indignant when he makes a wrong decision."

"Agree with the coaching of cynical tactics by them, it was apparent throughout the game. Breaking up the rhythm of the play, simulation and getting into the ref at every opportunity. Nugent and others were at it all game and are very good at it. It gets results but I don't think it is the way our club will go and it is not seemingly in DS's makeup either."

So apparently Karanka is coaching players to simulate, dirty tactics etc. Considering we havent won ugly many times this or last season what a load of tosh.

Brentford arent bitter much.........lol

http://www.brentford.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=4067&posts=9

As CT rightly pointed out to me it's not exactly the Brentford fans fault that 3 of our very few games like that have come at Griffin Park.

Every time we go there we play like that for some reason.

As CT rightly pointed out to me it's not exactly the Brentford fans fault that 3 of our very few games like that have come at Griffin Park.

Every time we go there we play like that for some reason.

Maybe the reason we don't play well at their ground is because the pitch is small & we like it larger?.

"Agree with the coaching of cynical tactics by them, it was apparent throughout the game. Breaking up the rhythm of the play, simulation and getting into the ref at every opportunity. Nugent and others were at it all game and are very good at it. It gets results but I don't think it is the way our club will go and it is not seemingly in DS's makeup either."

At least they don't think DownSouth was cynical!

Beating isn't cheating Brentford!

youd think Brentford fans would love us to go up or at  the very least be happy to be rid of us ...i mean,its beneficial to them as there will be no longer two games out of the season that they traditionally get zero return from . might make all the difference .

Why change our tactics there when it has a 100% record?! Karanka watches hours of video of our opponents to pinpoint their weakness. It wasn't pretty to watch but we don't watch that all the time, hell we don't even watch that 40% of the time. I'm really not bothered what they think of us.