oneBoro Forum

BORO v Bristol City (A) 0-1

With what has just gone on at Bristol City in terms of sackings recent results and league position then anything could happen.

One of those occasions where I have been able to see both the home and away games and certainly we owe Bristol City a beating as I would find it most frustrating to have them or anyone else for that matter to do the double over us.

What an incentive it is for them and this is not going to be easy, either the Boro will simply kill them off quickly or we will have the irony of a team suddenly finding form. I hope that we do not take this game lightly and I doubt that AK will allow that to happen.

Our away form is impressive and so to get another 3 road points will frustrate our challengers mightily and could further increase the points gap between first and third place.

For the simple reason of not letting Bristol City to be the first team to do the double over us this season I think it is fair to say that the use of my seldom used phrase is applicable and therefore this game could very well be THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME OF THE SEASON................so far!!!

Looking forward to watching the boys again

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't use the phrase for this one DS. Surely the Brighton and Derby matches were much more important. Even if we lose tomorrow we'll still be top by at least 2 points, and we've still got a game in hand.

Having seen quite a bit of Bristol city I can honestly say I can't see us losing this one. They play 3 at the back and the last team that tried that was Bolton where we scored 3 goals In about half a hour. They are massively lacking confidence and their striker Kodja is easily played offside (due to their midfield holding onto the ball to long) add in to this the sacking of their manager 2 days before I just can't see them getting a result.

But knowing how football works this has got home win written all over it :s

Having seen quite a bit of Bristol city I can honestly say I can't see us losing this one. They play 3 at the back and the last team that tried that was Bolton where we scored 3 goals In about half a hour. They are massively lacking confidence and their striker Kodja is easily played offside (due to their midfield holding onto the ball to long) add in to this the sacking of their manager 2 days before I just can't see them getting a result.

But knowing how football works this has got home win written all over it :s

I think the last team that actually tried that was Bristol City... :s

With what has just gone on at Bristol City in terms of sackings recent results and league position then anything could happen.

One of those occasions where I have been able to see both the home and away games and certainly we owe Bristol City a beating as I would find it most frustrating to have them or anyone else for that matter to do the double over us.

What an incentive it is for them and this is not going to be easy, either the Boro will simply kill them off quickly or we will have the irony of a team suddenly finding form. I hope that we do not take this game lightly and I doubt that AK will allow that to happen.

Our away form is impressive and so to get another 3 road points will frustrate our challengers mightily and could further increase the points gap between first and third place.

For the simple reason of not letting Bristol City to be the first team to do the double over us this season I think it is fair to say that the use of my seldom used phrase is applicable and therefore this game could very well be THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME OF THE SEASON................so far!!!

Haha I'm not sure if you can use your phrase for this one DS! I actually think there's not too much pressure on us for this one. We have a cushion. I think if players know they have a few points cushion, they would feel less pressure and can go play and express themselves, especially against a team with no permanent manager. I don't know whether I'm being way optimistic, but I think we will win this comfortably 2/3-0.

Haha I'm not sure if you can use your phrase for this one DS! I actually think there's not too much pressure on us for this one. We have a cushion. I think if players know they have a few points cushion, they would feel less pressure and can go play and express themselves, especially against a team with no permanent manager. I don't know whether I'm being way optimistic, but I think we will win this comfortably 2/3-0.

Lets face it - if DS didn't use his phrase one time we would all be concerned for his wellbeing... :D

bristol team potentially in disarray, BORO top of the league, fewest goals concede, I'm going standard scrappy 1-0, kike to start and score

Would love to see us cream someone but I just don't see it happening, probably until we win 6-0 last day of the season.....

Well just completed a 8 mile morning walk, time to get ready pick up my lad and Trekkers and make my way to Bristol.

Will this be a record breaking day for Dimi or Dave as his team mates like to call him now

@Borobristol, don't forget to call me when you arrive so as you can meet the guys