oneBoro Forum

PS4 recommended games

Hey all,

So... Christmas brought a PS4 that has only just arrived thanks to the wonders of shipping. And it's been a while since I've been in the PS world, so I'm giving a shout out for your top recommended games. Doesn't matter if it's new, there's plenty of old out there that I'm sure is splendid kickass gamery too (that might be a bit cheaper than the new releases, at that).

I got the Star Wars Battlefront bundle, so it comes with that and four other smaller Star Wars games that I suspect will do the young 'un nicely, and also picked up cheap copies of The Order and Assassin's Creed: Black Flag.

Love strategy and RPG more than shooters but hey, whatever's got a good story by and large. Or has stormtroopers.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Drop everything right now and buy the last of us remastered.

After you've done that I'll give you more recommendations, until that point you shouldn't play any other game.

I would agree with this...but also so you have other options in case you don't fancy the last of us here are a few others:

Destiny: this has a lot of RPG elements to it but also a lot of mmo as well and got rave reviews on all the consoles. Note: its not cross console I.e. you will always be playing with / against ps4 users. There were also some expansion packs released for this too.

The Witcher 3: again a lot of RPG elements to this, a friend at work who only plays RPG / JRPG games was raving about this game... The only warning she gave was that if you want to 100% the game you have to be careful as you can't go back and replay the missions once you've moved onto other story lines. She is a perfectionist and likes to 100% she could only get to 98% and so was grumpy for a few days.

After you've done that I'll give you more recommendations, until that point you shouldn't play any other game.

I would agree with this...but also so you have other options in case you don't fancy the last of us here are a few others:  

Destiny: this has a lot of RPG elements to it but also a lot of mmo as well and got rave reviews on all the consoles.  Note: its not cross console I.e. you will always be playing with / against ps4 users.  There were also some expansion packs released for this too.

The Witcher 3: again a lot of RPG elements to this, a friend at work who only plays RPG / JRPG games was raving about this game... The only warning she gave was that if you want to 100% the game you have to be careful as you can't go back and replay the missions once you've moved onto other story lines. She is a perfectionist and likes to 100% she could only get to 98% and so was grumpy for a few days.

My BFF is a developer for the CD Projekt Red who make the Witcher 3.

Jealous? :P

Agreed. One of the best the PS4 has to offer. Replayed it 3 times so far.

Destiny: this has a lot of RPG elements to it but also a lot of mmo as well and got rave reviews on all the consoles.  Note: its not cross console I.e. you will always be playing with / against ps4 users.  There were also some expansion packs released for this too.

My BFF is a developer for the CD Projekt Red who make the Witcher 3.

Jealous? :P

I'm not jealous, I didn't like any of the witcher series... Just not my thing. But for my friend can you ask him to fix the bugs with being unable to 100% the game! ;)

I work as a software developer but not for games, every games software developer I've ever met has looked so run down it's crazy. There are huge rewards in it and it can be a lot of fun but the amount of stress and pressure if things go awry is crazy!

I prefer the assassins creed series, as well as FPS games such as battlefield 4. Mainly because I can jump in play 30 mins and then go do whatever else requires my attention.

Assassins Creed is fun, but it's pretty copy paste (I say this as a big fan of them).

The Witcher is ground breaking and amazing in almost every single aspect. What didn't you like with Witcher 3?

I couldn't get into the witcher 3 either. Think it was the clunky movement and the blurry effect when you moved/looked around that really did my nut in. And the fact that i died if i so much as looked at a baddy. Shame, as i like games like that usually.

As for other games I would recommend:

- the last of us. As nb4 says, brilliant game. One of the best stories I've ever played through.

- fallout 4. Quality game. Kept me busy for a couple of months.

- uncharted: the Nathan drake collection. I played these on ps3, but if you missed them they are great adventure games with a few puzzles thrown in.

- metro redux - great if you like dark stealth games with a bit of a twist.

Just realised most of my favourite games are post-apocalyptic...

I couldn't get into the witcher 3 either. Think it was the clunky movement and the blurry effect when you moved/looked around that really did my nut in. And the fact that i died if i so much as looked at a baddy. Shame, as i like games like that usually.

As for other games I would recommend:

- the last of us. As nb4 says, brilliant game. One of the best stories I've ever played through.

- fallout 4. Quality game. Kept me busy for a couple of months.

- uncharted: the Nathan drake collection. I played these on ps3, but if you missed them they are great adventure games with a few puzzles thrown in.

- metro redux - great if you like dark stealth games with a bit of a twist.

Just realised most of my favourite games are post-apocalyptic...

The best bit about the Witcher 3 on PC is you can turn off Motion Blur.

And you can turn difficulty down.

Isn't Rise of the Tomb Raider basically Just...like...the same game again? Is it actually good? I haven't heard that much good stuff.

Haha ignore me, I'm thinking of the first game, which isn't even on PS4. RotTR is currently Xbox One exclusive anyway!

When I get the time the game I've been playing recently is Rainbow Six Seige, great game! Even better if you have friends to play with or you don't mind talking to randomers on the mic!

Witcher 3 is one of my favourites recently, there's so much to do on the game that I tend to go off the boil for a few weeks before returning to go further into the story, seems to be never ending (which isn't a bad thing)

Cheers for the recommendations, all. Going to hold off on Fallout 4 until I've done a playthrough of the older games again, because I do love the world.

Witcher sounds a top tip, but Last of Us I think will be the way to go given the enthusiasm :D

Also picked up Dragon Age: Inquisition because it was ridiculously cheap on PS+ this month. Ta very much!