oneBoro Forum

PS4 recommended games

Also picked up Dragon Age: Inquisition because it was ridiculously cheap on PS+ this month. Ta very much!

another game I hated! Bored the boobs off me. Sorry :P

Ha! Maybe that's why it's cheap! :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Also picked up Dragon Age: Inquisition because it was ridiculously cheap on PS+ this month. Ta very much!

another game I hated! Bored the boobs off me. Sorry :P

Ha! Maybe that's why it's cheap! :D

Yep that game was the biggest waste of £7 ever

Theres a couple of gems in the ps store from the indie front. If you want a good story that keeps you guessing, get "everyone's gone to the rapture" - glorious graphics and a truly immersive story. It just takes a lot of patience, but as you move through it you find yourself fully immersed.

I also reccomend counter-spy - its a right good laugh and the levels are quite challenging.

Apart from that, fully endorse the last of us, i was close to tears at times during that game. I like tropico as well because its a good chillout game. One that i play with mrs ham chop a lot is until dawn, cheesy in parts but still good fun

• 2 weeks later...

The last of us is fantastic probably the best game I have ever played in terms of story and interaction.

A few more I've enjoyed on the PS4 are

Batman Arkham Knight, Metal Gear Solid: Phantom Pain and Watchdogs.

I'm just in the middle of the first Uncharted after getting the Uncharted series as I was always x-box before I got a PS4 and never played them and it seems really good although it does seem a big game and with 3 to play before even playing the new one its gonna take a while to get through them!

Isn't Rise of the Tomb Raider basically Just...like...the same game again? Is it actually good? I haven't heard that much good stuff.

Haha ignore me, I'm thinking of the first game, which isn't even on PS4. RotTR is currently Xbox One exclusive anyway!

They remastered Tomb Raider for the PS4, I played through that recently for the first time on PS4. The 2nd one is Xbox One and PC exclusive now, expecting some news on a PS4 release later in the year, probably in Q4.

When it comes to RPG games, you can't go wrong picking up Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remastered, if you enjoyed the PS2 / PS3 HD release or if you have never played it. Bit of a timeless classic that they've brought back and is no doubt (for me) a better offering than the FF content that is on the way.

Arkham Knight, Tomb Raider and Watch Dogs are great action games. Watch Dogs took a massive blow for me as a stupid bug forced me not to be able to 100% and get a Platinum Trophy for it. I could have started again and got individual trophies but it was just too big to try, especially if the bug occurred again. If you're not bothered about 100% though, a great game.

If you're a collector and love to do EVERYTHING in a game, go no further than Lego games. There's a few offerings for PS4, including Lego Jurassic World, Lego Batman 3 and Lego Hobbit. They're much, much bigger than they used to be and did lose a bit of their charm with the voice actors but great fun regardless.

If you want to get actual Lego as well, there is Lego Dimensions which I can say is pretty fun too, particularly if you have any investment in some of the characters you can buy. For me, that's so far come in the form of Doctor Who and The Simpsons. It is a bit of a Skylanders / Disney Infinity style money grabber but if you love Lego, you can't miss out on it. They manage to avoid a lot of the barriers of needing specific characters by allowing you to 'loan' characters in-game using the in-game stud coins so you technically don't need to purchase any of the additional sets.

Oh and if you want something a little more indie and experimental, you HAVE to check out Rocket League. It's like Football meets something akin to Micro Machines. It's bloody difficult to master but damn fun, even when you're losing. It's effectively an online-only game, the offline content is a bit dull.

Wasn't Watch Dogs massively panned by pretty much everyone?

And Arkham Knight wasn't much better - maybe the PS4 launch showed what quality the game could actually be but the PC version was so bad they had to stop selling it and I think may have even offered refunds, it was an absolute P.O.S.

Rocket League is a lot of fun. Cross Device play too, so you PS4 losers (;)) could play against my PC master race. :P

And Arkham Knight wasn't much better - maybe the PS4 launch showed what quality the game could actually be but the PC version was so bad they had to stop selling it and I think may have even offered refunds, it was an absolute P.O.S.

Rocket League is a lot of fun. Cross Device play too, so you PS4 losers (;)) could play against my PC master race. :P

Didn't realise it was cross play haha

Didn't realise it was cross play haha

you can't make parties cross play but you can play with and against PC players on PS4 yeah :)

I don't know why watchdogs got so bad reviews or why so many people pan it I really enjoyed it it was my first game on the ps4 after not playing consoles for a while maybe that's why. The game play was good a bit repetitive but most games are these days the story was enjoyable I play games to enjoy them and this on I enjoyed was easy enough to jump into so I would recommend it.

Batman Arkham knight was really good I heard the pic version failed completely but that was more to do with glitches and such more than the game itself again a bit repetitive and a bit to much reliant on the bat mobile which sometimes gets abit annoying but overall this was a good game.

Btw the uncharted games are a defining for anyone who likes adventure/action games can't believe im just learning about these now

I've had Watch Dogs since September and haven't played it once yet, same with Destiny! I'm rubbish at playing different games, find myself sticking to FIFA way too much.

I've tried playing Last of Us as well but find myself playing for about 30 mins at a time, usually by myself in the dark after the missus has fell asleep.

One game that I've really enjoyed, and it was also free, was The Walking Dead season 2. Wasn't expecting much but had me hooked every time I played!

Also, haven't played it on PS4 but have it for Mac, Rocksmith is an amazing game that you can get so much out of. If you've ever wanted to learn guitar but thought it would be too hard then play this, I've had it just over a year and learned A LOT already!

Uncharted is brilliant. The new one is out in April. It's multiplayer is fantastic (and I'm someone who usually just plays single player story campaigns) so everyone should get on that.