oneBoro Forum

This game is really important, AK needs to ensure the Team are 100% focussed with all the speculation around new players, win this and we are nine points clear of Derby, until Monday at least but it heaps the pressure on them and Burnley.

The week off due to Cup games looks to me like a bonus, get the new players in, time of bed them in during training and no games to be distracted as the news builds towards deadline day.

This game is a vital three points though, Forest haven't beaten much during their unberaten run, it flatters them but we need to be really up for this and get an early goal to settle the nerves.

Completely agree and vital that we stay top irrespective of our game in hand as Hull could very well be sitting on the same points or better should we either lose or draw, therefore after very careful consideration, and partially due to last weeks utter crap performance, I think it is fair to say that my seldom used phrase is applicable and that this game could very well be..........THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME OF THE SEASON.........so far!!!!

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Think Kike will start this one as Nugent had his chance against Bristol City. Yes, he missed a good chance but why not, eh? Good chance to prove his worth whilst in January window.

Come on Boro!

Kike had more of a chance against Bristol

well just bought the ticket for my son's first ever Boro games. Looking like a good attendance, west stand almost sold out. Hope he's a good omen for us

Oh big day for the lad  :) Hopefully they'll put on a show for him.

I think this is actually a really big game for us. We've lost at home against Burnley, got lucky at Brentford and then by all accounts were awful at Bristol City. If we were to drop points again and even somehow lose then you'd start to think that it's something more than just the odd bad performance. Gibson being out weakens us from the start I would say and we're playing against a side that will have a reasonable amount of confidence from the run that they've been on. This might be a game where we need to score two or more to win rather than relying on nicking one and keeping it tight. I just hope there's a really strong positive reaction to last weekend.

well just bought the ticket for my son's first ever Boro games. Looking like a good attendance, west stand almost sold out. Hope he's a good omen for us

Oh big day for the lad  :) Hopefully they'll put on a show for him.

Cheers, he doesn't know yet, he's gonna be over the moon

I think this is actually a really big game for us.  We've lost at home against Burnley, got lucky at Brentford and then by all accounts were awful at Bristol City.  If we were to drop points again and even somehow lose then you'd start to think that it's something more than just the odd bad performance.  Gibson being out weakens us from the start I would say and we're playing against a side that will have a reasonable amount of confidence from the run that they've been on.  This might be a game where we need to score two or more to win rather than relying on nicking one and keeping it tight.  I just hope there's a really strong positive reaction to last weekend.

There are 2 things keeping me relatively confident (I've been somewhat concerned myself, for the same reasons as you)

1. We've conceded 2 at home all year and rarely make mistakes there.

2. We tend to bounce back well from defeats

I'm HOPING that this trend continues tomorrow otherwise yep, we're in for a long day and a big 2 week wait.

There are 2 things keeping me relatively confident (I've been somewhat concerned myself, for the same reasons as you)

1. We've conceded 2 at home all year and rarely make mistakes there.

2. We tend to bounce back well from defeats

I'm HOPING that this trend continues tomorrow otherwise yep, we're in for a long day and a big 2 week wait.

Yeah I'm hoping for the same things mate but I'm generally less confident with Amorebieta in the side rather than Gibson.  It's a little harsh as the record with him isn't terrible but there is a difference. 

The hope is that it was just an off week or whatever and as you say we bounce back and nip things in the bud so we can head into the little break we have in a good frame of mind.  Sounds like a decent gate tomorrow as well so it would be nice to put in a performance.

Yeah, Nando in over Gibson is worrying but it's something we need to deal with until that pesky hip is fixed :(

Well yeah.  At least the break next week gives him more time to get back and also gives any new signings a bit of extra prep time with the squad (if we can get things done sooner rather than later). Get through tomorrow with a win and we're top heading into February, hopefully with Gibson back and a few new faces :)