oneBoro Forum

Three 1 0 defeats in a row clearly we need to freshen it up show the players we learned from not strengthening last January.

We beat Brentford 1-0.

Thats correct, forgot that we really managed to win that one....

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Turned the radio off before the end like many others. Its clear only the defence has been keeping us going so long, feared we would lose as soon as friend got injured. Without him and gibson as well as ayala, were gonna concede. Unfortunately it seems the team are too reckless in front of goal when chasing games. I didnt watch the performance, but again it sounded like too many glorious chances wasted. I definitely think we need some fresh minds in front of goal, players who arent currently feeling the burden of not being up to scratch in the goals scored column

Three 1 0 defeats in a row clearly we need to freshen it up show the players we learned from not strengthening last January.

We beat Brentford 1-0.

Ok should have said 3 defeats in 4 to Burnley BC and NFFC. Even the Brentford game wasn't a classic performance the form has dipped and how long do we give it then realise we've slipped from 5 clear to 4 behind?

We've never lost to Forest at the Riverside until now this should have been a banker draw/win we need a post mortem on recent performances not planting everyone's heads in the sand saying the stats show we're on course for promotion.

I wrote this over in the transfer thread, but think its just as appropriate here.

I think we might see a slight tweak in the clubs mentality in this window after today. After Brentford, I think it would be fair to say "maybe we need a little extra to get us over the line." After today I think it will be more we "we do need a little extra." I think we will go all out to get our target(s) now, whomever the club has decided they might be. And for me, that's an appropriate response.

I think we need a little more competition for places, as we haven't seemed on our toes this past couple of week. A fresh face or two, especially if they are serious threats to our current "best 11" might be exactly what we need in my eyes.

That's my thoughts, ill bugger off now before things get ridiculous from the over reactors.

We have our weaknesses up front and it showed big time today. The positive being I think the other clubs going for promotion have a soft underbelly. Hull struggle to win away (normally) and derby are very inconsistent. Burnley after seeing them play us in the fa cup aren't good enough even though we lost,the game should of been put to bed in the 1st half. It's a blip that's it.

We haven't scored or played well in recent games and although this may only be a blip, and I'm not wanting to be a doomsayer or blow it out of proportion, but maybe a change in tact and personal? Two up front maybe? 4-3-1-2 maybe with no wingers? We just seem to play very samey, how long have we used this tactic now? Have we ever used a different one under Karanka?

Well I don't think that we deserved to lose today but we didn't do enough to deserve a win. A couple of far post nsue headers and two stuani efforts. Forest played a classic away game. Denied space and closed down quickly. We miss Gibson a lot and Friends injury meant the loss of our attacking option down the left. Clayton and Leadbitter were closed down quickly. Downing looked lazy today and not at the races. Stuani played his normal game and Albert, whilst not having his best game was at least giving it a go. Nugent cannot play the lone striker role. Looked lost to me. As someone else has said the next 2 weeks are the time to press the reset button and go again.

We are still using players in the wrong position and until the midfield starts to be more attack minded then these issues will happen.

Goes to show how much more attacking we are when George is playing and I did wonder why Forshaw was brought on today especially as AC and GL remained on the pitch

We haven't scored or played well in recent games and although this may only be a blip, and I'm not wanting to be a doomsayer or blow it out of proportion, but maybe a change in tact and personal? Two up front maybe? 4-3-1-2 maybe with no wingers? We just seem to play very samey, how long have we used this tactic now? Have we ever used a different one under Karanka?

It's been a winning tactic though. It's got the team to where they are now. Teams might be getting wise to it I agree,but with the position we are in I don't think it would be wise to start tinkering or changing the build from the back approach karanka has adopted.

Hopefully people don't over react.

In other news

I frickin hate football am going to my room and never speak to any of you's again

AK: I have to learn the mistakes I have been making

http://www.mfc.co.uk/news/article/2016/boro-nottingham-forest-riverside-karanka-2911409.aspx#fttcaf1ggGrM09o6.99

Also swift breakthrough in the January transfer window after claiming he "didn't have the right players"

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aitor-karanka-hopes-boro-transfer-10779768