oneBoro Forum

Maybe it would be good for the squad to have a break together in a warmer climate for a few days whilst we have the 2 week break. Instead of hammering them in training and micromanaging the tactics . sometimes it's good to just get away from it all.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

And on Downing substitution, Karanka stated that he just wanted to put Forshaw on because of what he could offer. No sign of injury. #Boro

He was brought off because he was absolute ***e.

And on Downing substitution, Karanka stated that he just wanted to put Forshaw on because of what he could offer. No sign of injury. #Boro

He was brought off because he was absolute ***.

So we brought on Forshaw to do the same?

Well for what its worth my match report...They were no great shakes, and we were the better team. Nugent was isolated all game with no help. At one point he was gesturing to the midfield for support. Alberts time has come to leave. AK said he made mistakes in selection, that was obvious to all and i think he knows what.SD was poor, more down to his postion than anything. It was like watching a sunday pub match. Cost me nearly £90 for today, worth it for my son to experaince the game, but could have spent it on something more useful, like food. I think this is a blip, still in a great position in 2nd and am sure we will see the right guys brought in. Rumour alert, we over heard 2 stewards saying RM was a done deal subject to medical next week....Anyway UTB we are still going up

Well that was a load of poop. Worst I think I've seen us play this season. We lacked any kind of cutting edge going forward and we can't even rely on our defence being solid without the ayala gibson partnership.

Need to get out of this slump soon or we'll throw our strong position away.

Has everyone calmed down yet :)

The only good thing that could possibly come out of this game/ poor run is... Mr Gibson realising if he didn't already that we need more going forward..

Hopefully Burnley & Derby draw or Burnley win.. That would still leave is in a Strong position.

UTB

Forshaw done more than Downing, the 1 time we nearly scored was from Forshaw driving forward winning a freekick from which we hit the bar. Downing needs dropping, he offers nothing except recyling posession. Ill say it for the 3rd time, same amount of goals from him as our centre back.

Don't feel it was all down to Downing there were a lot of players off form out there by the sounds of things listening to Maddo and Mark.

My opinion on Boro and you can take it or leave it is this.

Boro like I often say are very similar to a lot of race horses,  the trainers tell the jockeys to hold their heads and not let them run to fast so that they have enough steam for the final furlongs. We tend to get up to the top a little to early in the season and that's when we freeze and stop playing just like those horses would stop running once they don't see any challenges in front of them.

Yes I know silly isn't it that I am comparing a football team to race horses if only some of our players had the legs and heart of a race horse.

I guess we would see a good variation of  Friends,  Leadbitters  and Ayala's out there every week if that happened. Just think what a team that would be.

Thought AK was rather silly to take Downing off when he did, it meant Boro were 2 attacking players down with Friend injured we had no left wing attack and with Downing walking off no central attacker to supply the forwards and back them up.

Will hold a competition later and I will show a picture of the Boro team on the pitch today all you have to do is spot  Nugent to win the prize.. lolol

2 weeks off lets hope AK can get this train back on its tracks.

I've been out all day but sickened to see another loss. For once I'm glad we have a two week break to hopefully put things right on the training ground and, if we sign anyone, get them bedded into the team. Sounds like neither team deserved to win today, based on what I'm reading. The clean sheet record was fun while it lasted, but means nothing anymore now we can't seem to create chances and score. Still want to see Stuani up top.

This is just a blip. We are in the top two, 5 points clear of 3rd with a very important game in hand. Derby are having a blip too, and, while they are strong in all areas, I can see Hull struggling in some of their remaining games. Brighton had their slump, and it's ridiculous to ask of any team in this division to be 100%, win every game constantly, so there is no reason to panic. There is reason to be upset, at any loss, but it happens. The clean sheet record and home record monkeys are off our backs and we can just concentrate one game at a time. Bring on MK Dons.

I hate the January window as it seems to disrupt the team so I can't wait till February.

Forshaw done more than Downing, the 1 time we nearly scored was from Forshaw driving forward winning a freekick from which we hit the bar. Downing needs dropping, he offers nothing except recyling posession. Ill say it for the 3rd time, same amount of goals from him as our centre back.

Last time Downing was dropped, he came on, scored and started playing well. Might be a good idea to do this again to give him a kick up the backside.

Frustrating day today.

Its hard to get too angry, when you look at where we are in the table, and that we are still in a good position. My worry is that we are too predictable. We have been all season, but our defence has been so good that it's been overshadowing our problems. Now I know we are never going to play fast, attacking exciting football under Karanka, because that's not the way he sets his team up which is fine, because the way he sets us up obviously usually works as we are second in the championship. But we need to find ways about how to break teams down. Is it just me or do all our attacking moves have the same setup? Leadbitter picks the ball up, passes to Clayton who will spray the ball to either RW or LW, who will put a cross in, cleared by the defender, back to Leadbitter and repeat.

We never seem to play it through the middle (The Adomah goal against Derby aside). If I can predict how Boro are going to attack, surely the defenders know how we're going to attack too?

As I said, cant be too down due to our position in the league, we're still well placed to go up. I just worry that we don't learn from our mistakes. I remember after a few games earlier this season (Fulham at home I think it was) the exact same thing to what I'm saying now.

That aside, there were some awful performances on the pitch, so not just poor tactics. 2 weeks now to reassess and move on as a team.

I never post in these threads directlt after a match because I get pretty caught up in the emotion of it.

Saying that and at the risk of 'over reacting', that was the worst I have seen us play all season.

Downing offered nothing at all.

Nando wasn't having the best of time at CB, wasting possession and getting caught out but when he moved to LB oh my word. Diabolical!

Ayala, distribution was a disgrace.

Nugent looks shot of confidence, although worked hard as usual.

Kalas was excellent in the second half at CB.

Nsue looked decent again but was wasteful with his final delivery.

Adomah looked slow and out of ideas.

Can you see where I am going here??

I'm not suggesting for a moment that the 'wheels are coming off' but Aitor needs to do some serious work on the training ground during this break.

Not happy tonight.