• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this will be a tough game Forest are a good side and drew too many to be considered a play off team but if they can upset any team in this league on their day. We were fortunate to get the win at their ground, they battered us in the 2nd half and missed a penalty.

I have an awful feeling we will go on a mini slump and there have been signs. Wednesdays (2nd half), Brentford, Burnley n Bristol all poor performances. Only the Derby game of late being any good.

I think we need to freshen things up, make 2 or 3 changes

Dimi

Kalas

Ayala

Gibson

Friend

Clayton

Forshaw

Stuani

Sola

Downing

Nugent

I would like us to be a little bolder and play 4-3-3 but that isn't AK's style.

I think this will be a tough game Forest are a good side and drew too many to be considered a play off team but if they can upset any team in this league on their day. We were fortunate to get the win at their ground, they battered us in the 2nd half and missed a penalty.

I have an awful feeling we will go on a mini slump and there have been signs. Wednesdays (2nd half), Brentford, Burnley n Bristol all poor performances. Only the Derby game of late being any good.

I think we need to freshen things up, make 2 or 3 changes

Dimi

Kalas

Ayala

Gibson

Friend

Clayton

Forshaw

Stuani

Sola

Downing

Nugent

I would like us to be a little bolder and play 4-3-3 but that isn't AK's style.

Hi Donny. I think you have a point about our performances in the games you mention, however I put that down to fatigue more than anything. 5 games in 19 days is bound to take its toll. To my recollection when we have had a bad result in the past, followed by a week on the training pitch we have returned focused and ready to go again. Forest are on a good run at present, but have been playing teams in the lower half of the division. We might have to be patient as they can park the bus when playing away from home. Movement and guile required and pulling the defenders out of position. I would probably go with Kike mk1 to start as he drops deep to receive the ball and can pull the CB out of position. Adomah on the left, Stuani Right and Downing in behind to start.

As important though is how we as fans perform on the day. Reading the boards you pick up a sense of anxiety, yet I don't think we could have expected to be in such a strong position at this time in the season. If forest do park the bus we cannot let the fans anxiety creep onto the pitch otherwise it could be a frustrating afternoon.

Players coming out saying boro can be "turned over" whenever I hear that I think of a hammering. Surely he means win?

Surely it's naive more than optimistic after we've only conceded 2 (TWO) at home all season? They'll get 1 (ONE) goal of they're lucky imo. 2-0 boro. Forest will huff and puff but come away with nothing. And so begins out next unbeaten run

Players coming out saying boro can be "turned over" whenever I hear that I think of a hammering. Surely he means win?

Surely it's naive more than optimistic after we've only conceded 2 (TWO) at home all season? They'll get 1 (ONE) goal of they're lucky imo. 2-0 boro. Forest will huff and puff but come away with nothing. And so begins out next unbeaten run

It's the old unsettle the supporters trick and hope it transfers to the players on pitch if we don't get an early goal.

There already is anxiety building judging by some of the comments. Calm down enjoy the journey.

If we were away from home I'd be worried.

Four of our next Five games are at home, so I don't think we'll have a wobble, we'll be right back to maximum points after the slip up at Bristol City.

Gibson still injured. If Amorebieta really was as bad as people seem to think last week (I wasn't there, but it seems to me he's being scapegoated a bit), then maybe Fry will start this one?

I wouldn't say he's been scapegoated. He was terrible the amount of times he played a long ball forward to the front 4 and it went straight out of play was gut wrenchingly awful. I'm not saying he was to blame for the goal but whoever was supposed to be marking Flint switched off as he had a free header.

Gibson still injured. If Amorebieta really was as bad as people seem to think last week (I wasn't there, but it seems to me he's being scapegoated a bit), then maybe Fry will start this one?

Kalas could always fill in.

This game is really important, AK needs to ensure the Team are 100% focussed with all the speculation around new players, win this and we are nine points clear of Derby, until Monday at least but it heaps the pressure on them and Burnley.

The week off due to Cup games looks to me like a bonus, get the new players in, time of bed them in during training and no games to be distracted as the news builds towards deadline day.

This game is a vital three points though, Forest haven't beaten much during their unberaten run, it flatters them but we need to be really up for this and get an early goal to settle the nerves.