• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not going to guess the line-up for this, I have no clue how we will start. I think if it had been any other opponent, Rhodes would have been in from the off. Just because these defenders know him inside out, I wouldn't be shocked to see Nuge start up top.

1-0 to the Boro, with Nugent to get it.

No downing Adam? I agree other than downing for Adomah.

Dimi

Nsue  Ayala  Gibbo  De laet

Leadbitter  Clayton

Stuani  Ramirez  Downing

Rhodes

that's how i see us line up too, if gibson is fit anyway. if not kalas to slot in. we'll need some supply for stuani and rhodes and ramirez and downing are our best bets. i cant see ak keeping the same 3 behind the striker if gone flat like that.

adomah downing stuani  :-/

downing ramirez stuani - like this

downing ramirez adomah - or like this

I'm not going to guess the line-up for this, I have no clue how we will start. I think if it had been any other opponent, Rhodes would have been in from the off. Just because these defenders know him inside out, I wouldn't be shocked to see Nuge start up top.

1-0 to the Boro, with Nugent to get it.

I can't see it being 1-0. A striker with an unbelievable goalscoring record (especially over the last few years) playing for his new club against his old club. I'll be lumping on Danny Graham

I can't see us dropping adomah for a guy who's barely played for a year, Ramirez will be on the bench and adomah on the left. What amazes me is the amount of people (not on here) who think Rhodes will be on the bench! The whole thing was our strikers weren't scoring enough so we spend £9m on one I'm pretty sure it won't be to have him on the bench at all even if it is his first game.

Adomah has done enough to keep his place over a new signing, kike and nugent have not.

I can't see us dropping adomah for a guy who's barely played for a year, Ramirez will be on the bench and adomah on the left. What amazes me is the amount of people (not on here) who think Rhodes will be on the bench! The whole thing was our strikers weren't scoring enough so we spend £9m on one I'm pretty sure it won't be to have him on the bench at all even if it is his first game.

Adomah has done enough to keep his place over a new signing, kike and nugent have not.

I'd consider starting him on the bench as well, I don't think it's all that difficult to understand really. We don't want the game to be overshadowed by Rhodes versus his former club.  Blackburn know all about him, they've trained and played alongside him for a few years so they'll know how best to deal with him and how best to put him off his game.  We don't need to give them extra motivation and playing against Rhodes will almost certainly do that as they won't want him to get one against them.  He'll have only been with the squad for four days.  I've got no idea what Karanka will actually do but I wouldn't criticise him for not playing Rhodes on Saturday as there would be some sense behind it.

I wouldn't criticise him for leaving Rhodes on the bench either but they're having nearly a full week's worth of training and the guy is just as match fit as everyone else. In terms of Blackburn's preparation, they might not be certain how we're going to use Rhodes.

Remember, Rovers defenders vs. Rhodes works the same the other way around. Rhodes knows how their defenders work as he's been training with them just as long. Essentially cancels one another out really.

I'm not certain how AK will play this one but regardless of who he starts up front, I'm confident they're going to have a good game.

I'd consider starting him on the bench as well, I don't think it's all that difficult to understand really. We don't want the game to be overshadowed by Rhodes versus his former club.  Blackburn know all about him, they've trained and played alongside him for a few years so they'll know how best to deal with him and how best to put him off his game.  We don't need to give them extra motivation and playing against Rhodes will almost certainly do that as they won't want him to get one against them.  He'll have only been with the squad for four days.  I've got no idea what Karanka will actually do but I wouldn't criticise him for not playing Rhodes on Saturday as there would be some sense behind it.

I'll be surprised if he starts and I don't think JR needs the added pressure and expectation of scoring on his debut against his former club. Hopefully he can be eased on as a sub with the game already won, if by some miscarriage of justice we're chasing it, that's ok too. Full debut against MK Dons Tuesday night.

so you think we'll play the same 3 behind the striker that have been utter dross since the derby game. we were rubbish at brentford to eve though we won, albeit luckily.

i never went to the forest game but the guys and gals there reckon stuani was the only one who come away with any credit. downing was useless and adomah his usual meh self. forshaw game on and did zip.

shall we just drop downing for one awful first half even though hes been arguably miles better all season the adomah and stuani in his general play. bit unfair that, if anyone wants dropping its adomah. from what i've seen he's not as good as his team mates. infact he looks a bit out of his depth in the team half the time. so sloppy compared to everyone round him.

he does have attributes we dont have elsewhere, good dribbling skills and can beat a man with trickery/pace. which imo is the only reason he gets near the side, but he is treading water quality wise to keep his place. he will be gone in the summer 100% imo.

ramirez has skills and trickery and 2 weeks of training with the squad already, if hes fit he will get a game. as long as hes been putting the effort in during training ofc. he will play central and will give us a different dimension in there with variation on either flank. which is why stewy and stuani will probs start wide.

AK's team selections were just becoming predictable... Absolutely no idea what team he will start with on Saturday.

Because it's Blackburn I'm not sure if AK will start Rhodes, If it was any other team I think he would start.

If Ramirez is fit enough to start then I think he will.

A few people seem to think De Sart will start but surely there's no chance AK will break up the Clayton/Leadbitter partnership. Both are 1 yellow from suspension but I don't think that will stop AK starting them both....

I would start with Clayton & Forshaw.

Its going to be a very interesting team selection, Hopefully Adomah doesn't start on the left.

so you think we'll play the same 3 behind the striker that have been utter dross since the derby game. we were rubbish at brentford to eve though we won, albeit luckily.

i never went to the forest game but the guys and gals there reckon stuani was the only one who come away with any credit. downing was useless and adomah his usual meh self. forshaw game on and did zip.

shall we just drop downing for one awful first half even though hes been arguably miles better all season the adomah and stuani in his general play. bit unfair that, if anyone wants dropping its adomah. from what i've seen he's not as good as his team mates. infact he looks a bit out of his depth in the team half the time. so sloppy compared to everyone round him.

he does have attributes we dont have elsewhere, good dribbling skills and can beat a man with trickery/pace. which imo is the only reason he gets near the side, but he is treading water quality wise to keep his place. he will be gone in the summer 100% imo.

ramirez has skills and trickery and 2 weeks of training with the squad already, if hes fit he will get a game. as long as hes been putting the effort in during training ofc. he will play central and will give us a different dimension in there with variation on either flank. which is why stewy and stuani will probs start wide.

Agree with a lot of what you've said, especially about Adomah being the weak link. His overall play is too poor/sloppy to ignore despite some telling contributions. However the highlighted statement is wrong, despite signing for us he only joined up with the squad recently (IIRC it was due to a family bereavement). I'd expect Ramirez to come off the bench for the first game or 2, but I can definitely see Rhodes starting.