• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a bereavement, his wife was due to give birtg

That's the one! I remember reading he wasn't going to join up with the squad for a week or so, couldn't remember exactly what the reason was.

Not birtg, birth.....sorry, just continuing with the correction theme.  smile.gif

I think one of Ramirez or Rhodes should start to freshen us up and make us less predictable, I see arguments for both but I don't actually know which one I'd prefer to see start, probably Rhodes.

Not birtg, birth.....sorry, just continuing with the correction theme.  smile.gif

I think one of Ramirez or Rhodes should start to freshen us up and make us less predictable, I see arguments for both but I don't actually know which one I'd prefer to see start, probably Rhodes.

no worries, I saw it as I pressed send but couldn't be bothered to go back :D

I know there is some humour associated with the use of my seldom used phrase but simply this match is THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME OF THE SEASON..............so far!!!

Not just for the obvious reasons of our new players and JR possibly playing against his old team but we simply have to get back to winning ways coupled with fact that we did not play Blackburn when we were on our winning run. Ok I accept that we might not have done but the chances are we might have beaten BR away when we were scheduled to and therefore we have to take advantage of the fact that we still have that game in hand.

It is a hugely significant game to be played this weekend for so many reasons and I have to say that anything but a win will not be good enough

I think having Ramirez play will provide more fluidity for the 3 behind the striker, both he and Stewey can play all 3 roles and Stuani likes to come inside

I agree, I beleieve Ramirez will have the best chance of starting out of Rhodes and himself. Rhodes will certainly play some part and would expect him to come on between 60-65 minutes

As much as I'd love to see Rhodes start to see what he can do, I think it might be more sensible to have him on the bench. Blackburn know all about him and I always think it's easier for a team to prepare tactics to deal with someone from the start of a game, then half way through the second half for example. I think this one is 50/50 but will be interesting to see which of our strikers isn't even in the squad with so many to choose from... but on the other hand, why spend £9m on a player and not play him :D  We shall see... but excitement levels will be at maximum anyway around 2pm on Saturday when the team sheet is announced!

I also don't think Ramirez will start yet. More likely to come on, but I'm sure everyone is interested to see Karanka's new look front 4 perhaps?

This game is HUGE. We could be 5 points clear of 3rd with TWO games in hand.

Win those and the gap could be 11 points our rivals have to make up on us and in my opinion that ain't gonna happen.

Expect us to win comfortably at the weekend no matter what side plays.

2-0 Boro.

Hope Hull do the business too. More demoralising for 3rd imo plus I'd rather Hull go up than Burnley cos of Sean Dyche

Funny that we've gone from an undroppable team of 11 a few weeks ago to not knowing any of starting 11 other than the keeper 2cbs and 2 cms. I don't think anyone would be massively surprise if at least 1 of downing, stuani or adomah don't start on Saturday

Given everything that happened in the transfer window.... how about this scenario:

Rhodes starts, but get injured ten minutes in, and is out for the rest of the season.

Blackburn score.

Kike gets on ten minutes from the end when we are still 1-0 down.... and scores with two minutes to go to save the draw!!

Given everything that happened in the transfer window.... how about this scenario:

Rhodes starts, but get injured ten minutes in, and is out for the rest of the season.

Blackburn score.

Kike gets on ten minutes from the end when we are still 1-0 down.... and scores with two minutes to go to save the draw!!

I hate anything that could be jinxed related :dodgy:

OK, sorry.... in an alternative universe:

All our new signings either start or get subbed on. All a flippin' amazing. Much high fiving occurs as substitutions happen between old and new squad members, with signs of much unity.

Rhodes completes his hat trick in the 82nd minute and is subbed off for Kike to come on.

Kike scores the first of his 'the fastest-ever Championship hat trick' in the 89th minute... and when the whistle blows in the 91st minute, Kike walks off with the match ball and Boro win 6-0 !!

How good would THAT be!?

Well if we don't know the lineup then it must be the same for Blackburn during their team talk, so there goes our predictability out of the window, thank goodness.. The new players need to `bed in` with their team mates and the tactics and that is not going to happen sat on the bench, the only question is, how many at once as if you do not get that right you can look awfully disjointed. Kalas in for Gibson, De Laet for Friend will I think be forced upon us and two changes up the front are the absolute maximum we should be looking at, what they could be< I have not a clue. I am going to be a pessimist here and say that this has a draw written all over it because of the last week, if we do score it will be a defender. There you go with my appalling prediction record we could be guaranteed a record win.