oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Blackburn 1-1

I know I'm 38yrs old and things like this should be so funny to me but this genuinely tickled me.

Jordan's replacement up front at Blackburn is T.watt :D

:D

Don't worry mate, I'm 44 - same effect. :D

Someone once told me that you're only as old as the woman you feel - which is a nice idea except in my case she's 43 :@ :@ .........

I might have to consider a permanent transfer in the summer - but in the meantime I might scour the emergency loans market, probably abroad.... :D

I'm 35, and my Mrs is 28. Back of the net! haha

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I've given up guessing what the line-ups are going to be, but I think NB is more or less spot on. Except for De Laet rather than De Last ;)

I'm surprised this Forshaw vs. Leadbitter debate still splits people. No one can argue he's a good player, may even potentially be a better option than Leadbitter (I don't personally believe him to be but there's no doubting he's a good player). I think before the start of the season it was more Forshaw vs. Clayton due to the pre-season and not wanting to leave the Captain out.

But at this stage of the season, would you really mess with arguably the 2 most important positions on the pitch for us, who've played pretty much every game together? In fact, has there actually been a league game where we've swapped one for Forshaw? I know Zuculini came in for a game or two when one of them had an injury but Forshaw was also injured if I recall correctly.

I'm surprised this Forshaw vs. Leadbitter debate still splits people. No one can argue he's a good player, may even potentially be a better option than Leadbitter (I don't personally believe him to be but there's no doubting he's a good player). I think before the start of the season it was more Forshaw vs. Clayton due to the pre-season and not wanting to leave the Captain out.

But at this stage of the season, would you really mess with arguably the 2 most important positions on the pitch for us, who've played pretty much every game together? In fact, has there actually been a league game where we've swapped one for Forshaw? I know Zuculini came in for a game or two when one of them had an injury but Forshaw was also injured if I recall correctly.

Clayton & Leadbitter are both 1 yellow away from suspension's, Don't want both out at the same time, We don't need them both against Blackburn.

Now we have a clinical striker we need to play with more forward drive & not isolate him or we may as well of just kept with Kike, It would be criminal to isolate the best striker in the league after spending £9M on him.

It's time to step our attacking game up & get the best out of our attacking players.

It's time unleash our true potential & win the league.

Got a funny feeling Kike Sola will start tomorrow, given his relationship with some of the international players. He's had a while to bed in and hope he does well.

And yeah, that Jordan fella, a sub appearance and hat trick would be good too, I guess.

Clayton & Leadbitter are both 1 yellow away from suspension's, Don't want both out at the same time, We don't need them both against Blackburn.

Now we have a clinical striker we need to play with more forward drive & not isolate him or we may as well of just kept with Kike, It would be criminal to isolate the best striker in the league after spending £9M on him.

It's time to step our attacking game up & get the best out of our attacking players.

It's time unleash our true potential & win the league.

Interesting view, I agree we do need to make the most of Rhodes and a tactical change may well be what we need to get that to work, especially at home. I would still stick with them 2 for now because we should really be able to rely on our attacking midfield 3 to provide for Rhodes. If anything, I'd say we need a more creative player in for Stuani which I believe you've also done by swapping him for Kalas and pushing Nsue further forward.

However, I believe Leadbitter is on 8 yellows and Clayton is on 9. Boro website says Clayton has 9 league yellows, Leadbitter has 7 and 1 in the cups. Not sure if that's wrong. It could be devastating to be without both but that won't happen unless they both get booked in the next game and Leadbitter also gets booked at MK Dons.

I wonder how AK would deal with being without both players. I would imagine Forshaw and De Sart but I wonder if he would consider it too soon for De Sart and maybe even stick Williams in there. :D

If Ramirez & Rhodes don't start tomorrow then I would like the front 4 to line up like this...

---Nsue---Nugent---Downing---

--------------Stuani-------------------

Why move our best Right Back away from that position? And our best number 10 away from that position?

Cannot remember the last time I was so excited for a game been looking forward to this all week ! And for me Ramirez and Rhodes have to start I don't belive in all this need Time to gel rubbish . I like Stuani personally and think he was by far and away our best Goalscorer until Rhodes , however karanka will play his 4-2-3-1 formation so with that for me id go back to basics and winger in Albert on the Right , Stewie Left , Ramirez behind and get the ball to Rhodes in the box . However I don't think that will be the team I expect Nugent to start and also Ramirez on bench.

Cannot remember the last time I was so excited for a game been looking forward to this all week ! And for me Ramirez and Rhodes have to start I don't belive in all this need Time to gel rubbish . I like Stuani personally and think he was by far and away our best Goalscorer until Rhodes , however karanka will play his 4-2-3-1 formation so with that for me id go back to basics and winger in Albert on the Right , Stewie Left , Ramirez behind and get the ball to Rhodes in the box . However I don't think that will be the team I expect Nugent to start and also Ramirez on bench.

I'd have Stuani on the right instead of Adomah but that's how I'd line up too

If Ramirez & Rhodes don't start tomorrow then I would like the front 4 to line up like this...

---Nsue---Nugent---Downing---

--------------Stuani-------------------

Why move our best Right Back away from that position? And our best number 10 away from that position?

The idea is to as a bit more pace into the team, Give the striker more support & have better delivery into the box now that we have a clinical striker who is good at heading... Of course that line up is without Ramirez & Rhodes but once they are ready, Hopefully that is tomorrow, They would replace Nugent & Stuani for me..

Kalas is good enough to play at RB & with that line up he can focus more on defending.

Imo, Downing isn't & hasn't done enough as a No10 so I would rather him putting crosses in for Stuani/Rhodes.. Don't forget Downing was subbed at HT the last game so AK is obviously not convinced with him at the moment. Ramirez will be far better than Downing as the No10, AK has already said he wanted another No10 that's why he signed Ramirez so expect him to play that role.

The reason we bought Ramirez and Rhodes was have more attacking options. If we thought all we needed to do to improve our attacking play was include Forshaw, Karanka would've done it already and not bothered with Rhodes and Ramirez.

If it ain't broke don't fix it. Leadbitter and Clayton for me.