oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Blackburn 1-1

I must say that I agree with others about tomorrow, it's like a new start to a season we simply have no idea, though we hope, about who will start and what formation AK will introduce it is bloody exciting.

As far as JR is concerned , he knows so well way the Blackburn team ticks and how his ex team mates react in training matches that he must be played from the off.

This really could be an enthralling game but I do hope that either Clayton/Leadbitter are told to be adventurous and get up and support their team mates when attacking

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think Ramirez or Rhodes will start tomorrow, although I hope they do/come on.

Going forward I'd like to see a front four of;

-----------------------Rhodes----------------------

Ramirez ----------- Downing ------------ Stuani

(That's if Ramirez can play LW)

Cannot remember the last time I was so excited for a game been looking forward to this all week ! And for me Ramirez and Rhodes have to start I don't belive in all this need Time to gel rubbish . I like Stuani personally and think he was by far and away our best Goalscorer until Rhodes , however karanka will play his 4-2-3-1 formation so with that for me id go back to basics and winger in Albert on the Right , Stewie Left , Ramirez behind and get the ball to Rhodes in the box . However I don't think that will be the team I expect Nugent to start and also Ramirez on bench.

I'd have Stuani on the right instead of Adomah but that's how I'd line up too

Can see what you mean mate , reason I thought more AA over Stuani this game was like I say three creative players behind Rhodes getting the ball to him as much as possible . Stuani doesn't really offer to much off an attacking threat in terms of getting the ball out of his feet beating his man and / or swinging the ball into the box . So I just felt Rhodes will benefit from balls into him from the left , right and from Ramirez. Although I do like Stuani

Cannot remember the last time I was so excited for a game been looking forward to this all week ! And for me Ramirez and Rhodes have to start I don't belive in all this need Time to gel rubbish . I like Stuani personally and think he was by far and away our best Goalscorer until Rhodes , however karanka will play his 4-2-3-1 formation so with that for me id go back to basics and winger in Albert on the Right , Stewie Left , Ramirez behind and get the ball to Rhodes in the box . However I don't think that will be the team I expect Nugent to start and also Ramirez on bench.

I'd have Stuani on the right instead of Adomah but that's how I'd line up too

Can see what you mean mate , reason I thought more AA over Stuani this game was like I say three creative players behind Rhodes getting the ball to him as much as possible . Stuani doesn't really offer to much off an attacking threat in terms of getting the ball out of his feet beating his man and / or swinging the ball into the box . So I just felt Rhodes will benefit from balls into him from the left , right and from Ramirez. Although I do like Stuani

I don't really think we need a decent crosser in the RW slot to be honest pal, I'd say Nsue has a better/more consistent delivery than Adomah and when he's playing RB Stuani becomes an extra man in the box as Nsue bombs forward

Ramirez can play across the 3 and yes, because of Downing inevitably wanting to claim #10, I suspect whenever Ramirez comes into the team it will be on the left or the right. It's good that we have players who can play across the 3 as they will be able to roam around a little. As long as it doesn't affect defensive duties too much, of course.

Watching Knockaert tonight running at defenders & always a threat going forward, The Brentford defenders couldn't deal with him, Most teams won't be able to deal with him in the championship.. It's no surprise because that's how he played all season when he got promoted with Leicester.

Anyhow, My point is... I hope Ramirez can be that player for us & tbh I expect him to be better than Knockaert.

Watching Knockaert tonight running at defenders & always a threat going forward, The Brentford defenders couldn't deal with him, Most teams won't be able to deal with him in the championship.. It's no surprise because that's how he played all season when he got promoted with Leicester.

Anyhow, My point is... I hope Ramirez can be that player for us & tbh I expect him to be better than Knockaert.

I'm quite baffled as to why there's hardly been any excitement on Ramirez signing. Ok his career seems to have stalled quite recently but Southampton shelled out a lot of money on him when he was really highly rated. The likes of Liverpool and Spurs also wanted him at the time.

If he can find some of his old form, he can be a wonderful player for us.

I'm quite baffled as to why there's hardly been any excitement on Ramirez signing. Ok his career seems to have stalled quite recently but Southampton shelled out a lot of money on him when he was really highly rated. The likes of Liverpool and Spurs also wanted him at the time.

If he can find some of his old form, he can be a wonderful player for us.

I put in the other thread I think he'll be really really good. He's playing for his career.

In american sports "career years" are legit things, where players perform incredibly the year their contract is up so that they can get a good next contract. I want to see that with Gaston.

Lots of bitterness from Blackburn fans about losing Rhodes, suddenly saying he's crap and a major reason for their decline was changing their playing style to suit him.

They also reckon we've overspent on him and we'll regret it once we see him play for us.

We'll see tomorrow :)