oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Blackburn 1-1

It's laughable that anyone could criticise Rhodes & say he held Blackburn back etc....

What do you hear managers & Ex footballers say, The hardest thing to do in football is put the ball in the back of the net. Jordan Rhodes does that better than anyone in the championship, Is £9M-11M too much?.. IMO, No it isn't, I actually think its a bargain, Just look at the money teams spend on goalscorers & they are poor.. Rhodes will score plenty in the premier league just like Austin, That's what clinical strikers do, Score goals in any league.

I have been waiting year's for us to sign a strike who just scores goals, Now we have & I'm excited.

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say I woke up this morning very excited.

I can't remember the last time I was so excited to see new signings play. I think De Laet will start obviously with George's absence. I have a feeling now that Ramirez will start too, and and Nugent will lead the line, with Rhodes coming on off the bench.

On a side note, what a good opportunity it is for Boro today. With Hull playing Burnley, and Derby facing a tough away game at Fulham, a win would be very nice.

Rhodes says he won't celebrate if he scores today, That annoys me when players don't celebrate against their old clubs unless it's a team they support.

Dock him a week's wages if he doesn't celebrate.

Rhodes says he won't celebrate if he scores today, That annoys me when players don't celebrate against their old clubs unless it's a team they support.

Clearly he knows that he will be taking part or some part in todays game :)

Dimi, Nsue, Ayala, Gibson,De Laet,Clayton, Leadbitter, Stuani, Ramirez, Downing, Rhodes

Although I think Adomah will start instead of Ramirez.

I know it won't happen but I'd love to see Adomah and Downing on the wings, Stuani/Ramirez just off Rhodes.

3-1 Boro. Rhodes to get off the mark, and Danny Graham to score against his old club.

the new signings will be a big lift to the club, i expect the energy levels to increase again and us to get back to our normal selves but with a more of a ruthless streak in the final third.

or is that expecting to much?

the new signings will be a big lift to the club, i expect the energy levels to increase again and us to get back to our normal selves but with a more of a ruthless streak in the final third.

or is that expecting to much?

That's how it should be & hopefully is.

I have a dodgy feeling it will be an anticlimax... It really shouldn't be though.

I don't remember Lineker been a good footballer but he had the knack of been in the right place at the right time and was one hell of a goal scorer, didn't miss much, hopefully Rhodes is half as good

Ruud Van Nistelrooy. Not a great footballer by any means, but give him the ball in the box and you were confident it was hitting the back of the net. That's all I want from Rhodes, goals. Isn't that why we signed him/any striker?

Lineaker was a better footballer than most give him credit for cruyff played him left mid and he still got player of the season

And van nistelrooy I watched close up and his touch and movement were fantastic