oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Blackburn 1-1

Stuff being cautious, a front four of Downing, Rhodes, Ramirez and Stuani, with Forshawe playing in front of Clayton and De Laet and Nsue overlapping. To quote from the film Gladiator ``Unleash Hell``, and let us see how their massed ranks of defence cope with that!!

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't remember Lineker been a good footballer but he had the knack of been in the right place at the right time and was one hell of a goal scorer, didn't miss much, hopefully Rhodes is half as good

Ruud Van Nistelrooy. Not a great footballer by any means, but give him the ball in the box and you were confident it was hitting the back of the net. That's all I want from Rhodes, goals. Isn't that why we signed him/any striker?

Lineaker was a better footballer than most give him credit for cruyff played him left mid and he still got player of the season

And van nistelrooy I watched close up and his touch and movement were fantastic

yes linaker was a very classy footballer compared to the majority of English players back then. lovely touch and cynical finisher, he often drifted wide when up front for England. i used to think if he's out wide then who's going to score. no one got close to him at getting on the end of things. i remember him coming back to spurs after barca and noticing how good he was even when near the end. same with klinsman everyone thought he was just a poacher until he signed for spurs and realised what a good player he really was.

the new signings will be a big lift to the club, i expect the energy levels to increase again and us to get back to our normal selves but with a more of a ruthless streak in the final third.

or is that expecting to much?

That's how it should be & hopefully is.

I have a dodgy feeling it will be an anticlimax... It really shouldn't be though.

Really pleased you said that due to your previous track record, looking forward to the game even more now :D

Talking about goalscorers, Ravanelli didn't do much more than score goals... That's the type of player we have needed & now we have him.

Imagine if he has a Ravanelli style debut, hat trick lol.

Talking about goalscorers, Ravanelli didn't do much more than score goals... That's the type of player we have needed & now we have him.

Imagine if he has a Ravanelli style debut, hat trick lol.

Rhodes hat-trick & a win :)

the new signings will be a big lift to the club, i expect the energy levels to increase again and us to get back to our normal selves but with a more of a ruthless streak in the final third.

or is that expecting to much?

That's how it should be & hopefully is.

I have a dodgy feeling it will be an anticlimax... It really shouldn't be though.

Really pleased you said that due to your previous track record, looking forward to the game even more now :D

Haha.. Just been reading the Blackburn forum & I'm much more confident now, Apparently their two CM's are rubbish & the LB is the weak link.

Let's be honest, We should hammer these.

Wifes birthday or boro match...mmmm tough best play it safe...wife.

Anyway could be a swinger this, much expected could bite us..Blackburn have something to prove to JR and some bad feelings....going for a boro win but not a JR goal

Anyway could be a swinger this, much expected could bite us..Blackburn have something to prove to JR and some bad feelings....going for a boro win but not a JR goal

Book a restaraunt for tonight. Tell her your going to the game but she has to be ready when you get home ...sorted

Take her to the game! If she enjoys it you can take her every time a special occasion lands on matchday!

This might be just because of the last two results, but I'm not very optimistic about today. I'll go with a frustrating 0-0 draw. Hopefully I'm wrong.

I'm surprised we're allowed to play Rhodes, I would have thought Blackburn would negotiate a gentleman's agreement on that.

This might be just because of the last two results, but I'm not very optimistic about today. I'll go with a frustrating 0-0 draw. Hopefully I'm wrong.

I'm surprised we're allowed to play Rhodes, I would have thought Blackburn would negotiate a gentleman's agreement on that.

I agree with not being too optimistic about todays game because of our form, Hopefully two weeks of & improving our squad will get us back on track for the rest of the season.

It would be ludicrous if Rhodes wasn't able to play against Blackburn as we bought him from them. Just because we bought him less than a week ago makes no difference.