• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

One point though to add to what I said earlier one positive today I thought Ritchie de laet had a good game and although nsue has been exceptional all season I can see De laet taking his position once George is back.

by all accounts Kalas played quite well at CB. Would we not want to keep him there?

After all, while De Laet can play across the back four, he is naturally a FB.

I'd rather have Kalas there who still considers himself a CB first.

Fair point with De Laat giving cover for all 3 positions. But Kalas was caught in possession a couple of times today with a fair few stray passes.

Husband can be the key for me. Pacey fullback with a 'ellish cross - may be just what we need to kickstart our season...

by all accounts Kalas played quite well at CB. Would we not want to keep him there?

I thought he looked very shaky and hesitant to be honest, over committed himself a couple of times.

Really hope Ayala's injury isn't badly serious.

I thought he looked very shaky and hesitant to be honest, over committed himself a couple of times.

Really hope Ayala's injury isn't badly serious.

I thought that as well. Not bad, but definitely has a mistake or two in him at cb

When i joined this forum i didn't realise that so many of you where either bed wetters or people that are bed wetter phobic.

Let people wet the bed if they want to, its a free country. Whats the problem as long as its not in your bed. FFS

I don't post often but like most people I was fuming earlier on today.

I've had a calm down and given it some thought and I reckon Aitor has been clever today.

He's basically told Nugent, Downing, Adomah etc. "Here lads, I've signed some quality players in January and now it's your chance to prove you're better than them." If they had gone out and performed amazing, they'd've stayed in the team and it's a win win. However, as it is, they played poorly, and now Aitor can blood the new players and if anyone moans he can say "Well you've had your chance and we didn't win in 3."

Ultimately the games in hand will be key to our success (or lack of). I think next week we'll see a stronger team, if we can knick a win we'll go on a decent run, and if we make sure to win the games in hand we've got there's no reason why we won't kick on.

Kalas was decent enough to deserve another start. Caught in possession a couple of times, but it was towards the end when him and Gibbo were trying to drive the team up the pitch. Hopefully that won't need to be the case against MK. De Laet's poor clearance led to the Blackburn goal. I'd be more than happy to leave him out left and Tommy K in the middle.

I don't post often but like most people I was fuming earlier on today.

I've had a calm down and given it some thought and I reckon Aitor has been clever today.

He's basically told Nugent, Downing, Adomah etc. "Here lads, I've signed some quality players in January and now it's your chance to prove you're better than them." If they had gone out and performed amazing, they'd've stayed in the team and it's a win win. However, as it is, they played poorly, and now Aitor can blood the new players and if anyone moans he can say "Well you've had your chance and we didn't win in 3."

Ultimately the games in hand will be key to our success (or lack of). I think next week we'll see a stronger team, if we can knick a win we'll go on a decent run, and if we make sure to win the games in hand we've got there's no reason why we won't kick on.

What can I say. Isn't this scenario a completely logical approach from a fair minded football manager. The sort of manager that lets his actions do the talking. Just wish I had thought of it. Perhaps AK deserves a lot more credit than he has been given today. Food for thought?

Dimi - good

Nsue - good

Ayala - good

Gibson - good

De Laet - good

Clayton - busy, good tackling, distribution five when simple

Leadbitter - wild in first half, better in second

Adomah - meh

Kike 2 - not a professional footballer

Downing - meh

Nugent - can run and run and run. He's rubbish though.

Kalas - looked nervous at times

Stuani - offers nothing from the wing.

Rhodes - one shot, on target.